Big Baby sign and trade

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Big Baby sign and trade

In Response to Re: Big Baby sign and trade:
    I am wondering b/c Avery makes 1.525 million. If the most Baby can get from us is 3.775 million... that is 5.3 million. So they can only be traded for a player making about 8 million. They guys I would want all make well over that. Kaman, Okafor, etc. Maybe trade those 2 guys for Anderson Varejao? Amnesty him after the season if we have a shot at Howard or another big name FA. Then we can keep Green... and have the 3 million mini MLE to use
    Posted by rameakap

Like it, but I don't think CLE would do it - he is their energy guy, and people pay to see him......since James left town!

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby sign and trade : Don't get me wrong I am all over your Baby/Green for Big Al idea... but why would the Jazz be interested? Yes Al is owed a lot of money... 14 and 15 million the next 2 years... But Green will cost 6 million this year and an extension of more than 29 million after and Baby would have to be signed for at least 4 million just to get $ to work. After an injury in '09 Al has put up roughly these numbers the past 2 seasons: 80 games - 18 points, 9.5 rebounds, 1.5 blocks, 50% FG, 72% FT he turns 27 in January... just 1-2 years older than Baby/Green. He can also play Center alongside Millsap, where Baby is too short to play C. The Jazz have Hayward at SF and Favors can play there as well. Green is better than Hayward of course and Favors is more of a PF... but that 100% forces Baby to be a backup C if you make the trade. And are we guaranteed to get Prince or Battier with the 3 million we can offer to replace Green?
    Posted by rameakap

Hate to even write this -
    KG for Big Al and Millsap - Utah has already said they are shopping both.  Use amnesty on KG!!
    I don't know anymore- the whole thing stinks!

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

Don't forget - Big Baby was a big fat lazy slob last year.

Who would want him?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Baby's new contract only matters to the new that will take him in a sign and trade. My estimate is 6m per. What I want is Big Baby and Jeff Green for Al Jefferson. We need a big man that can score and rebound.  Varejao would've been great for the Celts 2 years ago, when KG was still a great player. Now, the Celts are in desperate need of an inside presence, someone that can score down low and get some offensive rebounds. Andy V is a very good player, he's just not what the Celts are looking for. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

umm, big al can't play defense on a statue.  and his +/- numbers as a 5 are TERRIBLE either a wash every night or he gives away 3 more than he gets.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Don't forget - Big Baby was a big fat lazy slob last year. Who would want him?
    Posted by Schumpeters-Ghost

this is classic revisionist history.  the guy was a top contender for 6th man of the year for the first 2/3 of the season.  patellar tendon injury and doc disrespecting him to the press for the 4,012-4,344th times kind of took the wind out of his sails.....

to be honest with you, re-signing doc for FIVE YEARS has taken the wind out of my sails of being a celts fan.  as a team ages, you have to be a more shrewd coach- better/wiser substitution patterns, you can't tolerate 40 to 58% FT shooting from your point guard and you can't CRAP on your young guys if you want them to produce.

this is not doc.  he is a "player's coach" unless he decides he doesn't like a player, then he'll hold press conferences twice a week to crap on the player.  inventive or even consistent with rotations he is not.  the integration of jeff green into our system went as smoothly as a square wheel.  watch for more of that this year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby sign and trade : this is classic revisionist history.  the guy was a top contender for 6th man of the year for the first 2/3 of the season.  patellar tendon injury and doc disrespecting him to the press for the 4,012-4,344th times kind of took the wind out of his sails..... to be honest with you, re-signing doc for FIVE YEARS has taken the wind out of my sails of being a celts fan.  as a team ages, you have to be a more shrewd coach- better/wiser substitution patterns, you can't tolerate 40 to 58% FT shooting from your point guard and you can't CRAP on your young guys if you want them to produce. this is not doc.  he is a "player's coach" unless he decides he doesn't like a player, then he'll hold press conferences twice a week to crap on the player.  inventive or even consistent with rotations he is not.  the integration of jeff green into our system went as smoothly as a square wheel.  watch for more of that this year.
    Posted by aciemvp

Doc doesn't punch his best friend. If a guy gets into a fight with his best friend, a week before the regular season starts, and ends up breaking his hand you know that guy has issues.

It's not very hard to dislike Glen "Big Baby" Davis. Especially if he keeps taking ill-advised shots from the outside. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

The blame it on Doc routine is sad and ignorant
    Posted by rameakap

Agreed - and here's hoping JJJ can play a little bit to shut these "Doc doesn't play rookies" people up!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Schumpeters-Ghost. Show Schumpeters-Ghost's posts

It's pretty hard to gain 35 lbs during an NBA season - Bigger Baby did just that.

He also became a whiny player.

Who would want him?  Nobody.  He should sign cheap with the Celts and beg forgiveness from the fans.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

First, other than rumor, I have seen no evidence that BBD gained 30 por 35 lbs during the season. I saw the Wizards game late in the season and BBD was not over his normal size. I believe 2 things affected him: first, he got out of his role trying to shoot and think he was a star when he's really just a role player. Second, his knee injury limited his already paultry jumping ability and he just played through it.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

First, other than rumor, I have seen no evidence that BBD gained 30 por 35 lbs during the season. I saw the Wizards game late in the season and BBD was not over his normal size. I believe 2 things affected him: first, he got out of his role trying to shoot and think he was a star when he's really just a role player. Second, his knee injury limited his already paultry jumping ability and he just played through it.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

That is his whole problem!!

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

It seems like everyone wants a two-for-one deal that leaves a depleted Celtics team even thinner. Somehow, I believe Ainge is too smart to do that. When identifying a single player can be more productive (and play more positions) than two, it makes sense, but with everyone mentioned here, it doesn't.  

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from GreenaboveGold. Show GreenaboveGold's posts

I am wondering b/c Avery makes 1.525 million. If the most Baby can get from us is 3.775 million... that is 5.3 million. So they can only be traded for a player making about 8 million. They guys I would want all make well over that. Kaman, Okafor, etc. Maybe trade those 2 guys for Anderson Varejao? Amnesty him after the season if we have a shot at Howard or another big name FA. Then we can keep Green... and have the 3 million mini MLE to use
    Posted by rameakap

Big baby starigh up for Carl Landry or Brandon Bass or we could do Big baby and Bradley for Trevor Ariza.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Sign and trade for Landry? We could do Big Baby, Green and Avery for Ariza and Okafor... then use the amnesty in Okafor at the end of the year if we actually have a shot at Dwight Ariza doesn't have Green's upside but over 66 games and this years playoffs he'd be a better defender and fit a role better... he has championship experience and won't be afraid to defend LeBron/Melo, where Green looked a bit intimidated or just lathargic out there at times. If we keep Green he needs to play big minutes, like 32-34 of the first 42-44 mins of the game... run with Rondo, JJJ, DWest (hopefully) and score a lot... while resting Pierce, then Pierce would have to defemd the star wing down the stretch
    Posted by rameakap

Like that trade a lot...........or it is a UCONN thing?  How about Landry, or Evans or Leon as  a backup to KG..................how about Wafer or JRich as a backup for RA?  HAVE to sign Delonte and play Green.....keep Okafor, DH won't come here...trade Rondo next year and go after DWill  (unless there is another UCONN guard we can get!!)

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby sign and trade : That is his whole problem!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

Finally, we agree on the problem - he got a bad attitude at the end of the season and got out of his role (tried to shoot and hold the ball for himself).   But, that doesn't make him a terrible player.  He had a terrible last 1/3 of the season.  Other players have had bad times as well.  So, I'd forgive him if he sincerely committed to staying in the role for which he is good.

BBD is a favorite for fans to pick on (saying he can't jump, is fat, shoots too much, etc), but as Acie points out - the guy was huge for us for multiple games in multiple playoffs and was a candidate for 6th man of the year until he got hurt and started to play out of his role.   I remember that BBD and forgive himfor those last 20 games or so.   

Its likely moot that Acie and I like him because someone else will offer him the money the C's are unwilling to offer (and smartly, the C's will have to let him walk).

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby sign and trade : Finally, we agree on the problem - he got a bad attitude at the end of the season and got out of his role (tried to shoot and hold the ball for himself).   But, that doesn't make him a terrible player.  He had a terrible last 1/3 of the season.  Other players have had bad times as well.  So, I'd forgive him if he sincerely committed to staying in the role for which he is good. BBD is a favorite for fans to pick on (saying he can't jump, is fat, shoots too much, etc), but as Acie points out - the guy was huge for us for multiple games in multiple playoffs and was a candidate for 6th man of the year until he got hurt and started to play out of his role.   I remember that BBD and forgive himfor those last 20 games or so.    Its likely moot that Acie and I like him because someone else will offer him the money the C's are unwilling to offer (and smartly, the C's will have to let him walk).
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

And he doesn't rebound!!

Sections
Shortcuts