Big Baby Struggling in Orlando

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from rickrand3. Show rickrand3's posts

Re: Big Baby Struggling in Orlando

never thought a big baby and Van Gundy duo would work!! Doc is the best coach in keeping players attitudes in check. All I have to say is thank God for Doc. He gives us fans hope for the future. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Well see the thing is Baby isn't very good.

He has always been one of the worst rebounding big men in the game and his offense pretty much consisted of jacking up jump shots.  No low post game and he plays well below the rim.

Bass is 10 times better.  And yeah Acie?  What's up?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I just looked and saw Orlando's record is 5-2.  I wasn't following them but that is much better than expected considering all the things going on there.  Their schedule must have been very easy to this point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from clappy. Show clappy's posts

Other than getting a couple more minutes a game, Tony Allen's stat line in Mem is almost idential to what he put up in Boston. He just needs to stay healthy. As for Big Baby, it's not surprising that he's having maturity problems. Why did Orl make the trade, so Dwight could be with his friend? It makes no sense, otherwise. Anyone can see Bass is a superior player--his physical assets alone make that clear.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from user_4420007. Show user_4420007's posts

Big useless is just that....useless. Anyone know if he's had a tanty yet?

Ugh!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby Struggling in Orlando:
    [QUOTE]Big useless is just that....useless. Anyone know if he's had a tanty yet? Ugh!
    Posted by null[/QUOTE]

What's a tanty?  Is that like Bynum pulling his shirt out at halftime because he didn't get the ball enough, poor baby?

And, since he's not our player anymore, who the heck cares?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from c.wright. Show c.wright's posts

Always will like BBD, but I've liked Bass since his days with the Mav's, hope he continues to be a + for the C's.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

I think you all need to realize Stan Van didn't play Bass either. Maybe he doesn't know how to use some players.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Update:

Baby to the bench and thrives as the sixth man - at least for one game against Sacramento -  27:48 minutes, 8-13 , 4-7 FT, 5 OR, 3DR, and 20pts.  As in the past, when given a supplemental role rather than one that asks more of him, he does well.  How long this might last is yet to be determined, but for one game he was the player that endeared him to Celtics fans and gave Doc confidence in him. I still like Bass' game better, but it's nice to see Davis doing well.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Glen did not struggle last night he let the Magic to a victory when Howard was in foul trouble.  Give him some time he had 20-10 last night and the team needs to learn him as he needs to learn them.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Re: Big Baby Struggling in Orlando:
    [QUOTE]Well see the thing is Baby isn't very good. He has always been one of the worst rebounding big men in the game and his offense pretty much consisted of jacking up jump shots.  No low post game and he plays well below the rim. Bass is 10 times better.  And yeah Acie?  What's up?
    Posted by snakeoil123[/QUOTE]

Davis is a good player and he can and does rebound.  For a smaller power forward (what is he 6'7 or so), he gets his rebounds through hustle and muscle.  He got more critical offensive rebounds than anyone for us and until his head size got in the way, he hit important shots when open as the supplemental shooter.   So, while Acie is wrong about Doc being Baby's problem, I was wrong about Bass being better than BBD (he is clearly better for us), I can't agree that Davis is no good.  Give credit where credit is due.  We got the better player but BBD is still pretty good.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

How is Wafer doing?

Sections
Shortcuts