BIG BABY

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

BIG BABY

What happened to this guy? He's supposed to be our go to guy in the playoffs if he isn't willing to give 150% maybe we should give Sasha or Troy a chance?

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Re: BIG BABY

No chance for Sasha or Troy. Doc really sticks to his guys which in this case is a shame. BBD has been such a dissapointment...I hope there is a breakthrough sometime in the series but I am losing hope....check Troys side

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/05/08/sports/basketball/08murphy.html?_r=1

Unfortunately Murphy was grabbed so Miami couldnt have him...thats it.. no other use...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Glen Davis has had enough of Doc Rivers and is looking forward to changing teams this summer. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I watched BBD closely in the 4th quarter and he actually played well... Not much on the scoring column but he played good defense, boxed out, switched, stepped out and hustled back. 

He may be shy offensively now but we need him to stil take his jumpers (not so far out) and drive hard to the basket.... he used to draw alot of fouls like that in the past if not buckets.

He hasnt goven us much but at least in the 4th q he looked to be playing fundamentally good ball so his head is still in the game... Docs gonna keep going to him so we better hope the rest of his game comes around 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Big Baby's eating too many Big Mac's

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

Let Jeff Greene play as a true open court player...let him run!  

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

Shoulda given Troy that chance smh...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

davis played decently other than offense most of the time.  he hustled, set picks that enabled scores by others. 

to all your detractors, don't ya think that this guy was a little hobbled from the patellar tendon issue?  that is not something that goes away with a week's rest.

that's what he got and then back to 30 a game.  or more.  instead of doc the dunce integrating jeff green and giving davis time off to heal, davis got thrown back in there and did admirably for the most part yet was not the same. 

i saw tentativeness on offense more than anything else from him.  i think he knew because of the injury that he could not explode the way he used to.  without that explosiveness, he is not a viable nba player.

given rest and rehab over the summer, i think he'll be the same as ever.  and his value took a huge hit because of the bad performance in the post season, we stand to once again get the guy on the cheap for at least one more year.  i'd be shocked if anyone was rushing to sign him.  we should be glad to have a hustle guy back for cheap. 

anyone who disagrees can't tell their "fat hate" from a guy who has true celtics grit and hustle and would do anything to win. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from KGLove. Show KGLove's posts

that didn't stop him from eating spaghetti and pancakes as a pregame meal.... he complains he wants to play a bigger role but didnt do anything with the minutes he was given... he was more painful to watch than the one arm bandit

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

It appears to me that Davis has gained a lot of weight and it is influencing his game.  He has always been heavy, but the extra weight that he has gained recently definitely hurt him. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SheWhoBleedsGreen. Show SheWhoBleedsGreen's posts

In Response to BIG BABY:
    [QUOTE]What happened to this guy? He's supposed to be our go to guy in the playoffs if he isn't willing to give 150% maybe we should give Sasha or Troy a chance?
    Posted by KGLove[/QUOTE]
    his body fat percentage is through the roof...even seeing him in the uniform and seeing him "run" down the court I constantly thought to myself that he needed to be more lean...he already had a problem with a soft body and it seems like he's lost some muscle definition and definitely gained fat...he is a different player than he was in finals last year..injury or not he's sheepish at best but i definitely think Perk's trade spooked him and he's probably been haunted by that for the remainder of the season...he even remarked about it in the post game interview last night "Perk was here 8 years and wanted to stay..." and he also mentioned that him being traded shouldnt be contingent upon his level of play in the finals....i scratched my head at this...ok yes you contributed but finals are when you're supposed to bust your azz...and he didn't. I think he was so non chalant about the trade questions because he's scared of the possibility.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Here I agree with you BBD looked like he gained weight the last month or two. It came after he was injured.  He has not performed well since that time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

he is FA and will be gone baby gone

he was AWFUL AWFUL in the playoffs

and is attitude during interviews left alot to be desired

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

Acie your defense of Baby is bordering a man crush at this point.  Baby's story has been written, by his own pen, and there is no denying it.  They could have traded Perk or baby and its obvious they are wishing they did let Baby go instead. After the trade they looked to Baby to carry the load and what does he do?  he drops his personal trainer and puts on 20 lbs.  He mouths off before the knicks series and does nothing and leaves K.G. to do his dirty work.  Then he proceeds to show his a ss some more by gesturing the sweep after the knicks lost while everyone just sat on the bench.  He is immature, has regressed back to bad habits and let me just say, I knew about his pre game meals as well and you are gonna defend a guy and say he is giving his all when he has to eat spaghetti and Pankakes b4 every meal, then you are just as greedy as him.

Noone who knows anything would eat that before playing an NBA game....I mean in the league you can get away with everything from eating candy bars to smoking w eed b4 the game and get away with it if you are good, but when you weigh 280, you cant afford to do that, shouldnt be doing that, and it shows a lack of commitment acting like a little fat kid...

He should have never had any minutes last night...Krsitic deserved to play his minutes.  Kristic for all his defensive problems would have helped on offense, he looked much better than Baby and actually blocked a shot and got rebounds....Doc screwed that up.  The guy who held it down in march could not even get a minute in the playoffs, yet we critisize the trade...how about playing the 2 guys you got for Perk?   Epic Fail by Doc, he never wanted to play Kristic and intead told everyone to wait on Shaq....bad idea...

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Jay, 

I definitely agree with you about trading Davis instead of Perk.  He hasn't been much help and Perk definitely would have been a bigger help, not a liability like Davis was during the playoffs this year. 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Re: BIG BABY:
    [QUOTE]Acie your defense of Baby is bordering a man crush at this point.  Baby's story has been written, by his own pen, and there is no denying it.  They could have traded Perk or baby and its obvious they are wishing they did let Baby go instead. After the trade they looked to Baby to carry the load and what does he do?  he drops his personal trainer and puts on 20 lbs.  He mouths off before the knicks series and does nothing and leaves K.G. to do his dirty work.  Then he proceeds to show his a ss some more by gesturing the sweep after the knicks lost while everyone just sat on the bench.  He is immature, has regressed back to bad habits and let me just say, I knew about his pre game meals as well and you are gonna defend a guy and say he is giving his all when he has to eat spaghetti and Pankakes b4 every meal, then you are just as greedy as him. Noone who knows anything would eat that before playing an NBA game....I mean in the league you can get away with everything from eating candy bars to smoking w eed b4 the game and get away with it if you are good, but when you weigh 280, you cant afford to do that, shouldnt be doing that, and it shows a lack of commitment acting like a little fat kid... He should have never had any minutes last night...Krsitic deserved to play his minutes.  Kristic for all his defensive problems would have helped on offense, he looked much better than Baby and actually blocked a shot and got rebounds....Doc screwed that up.  The guy who held it down in march could not even get a minute in the playoffs, yet we critisize the trade...how about playing the 2 guys you got for Perk?   Epic Fail by Doc, he never wanted to play Kristic and intead told everyone to wait on Shaq....bad idea...
    Posted by JayShizzle45[/QUOTE]

Exactly 100% correct. You know your basketball and the Celtics. The point about Kristic and Green are right on. If you can't see Green's talent your are either an embicle or don't know the game.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Talking about pregame preparation. Heinsohn always smoked a few cigarettes, haha..how times have changed....

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]davis played decently other than offense most of the time.  he hustled, set picks that enabled scores by others.  to all your detractors, don't ya think that this guy was a little hobbled from the patellar tendon issue?  that is not something that goes away with a week's rest. that's what he got and then back to 30 a game.  or more.  instead of doc the dunce integrating jeff green and giving davis time off to heal, davis got thrown back in there and did admirably for the most part yet was not the same.  i saw tentativeness on offense more than anything else from him.  i think he knew because of the injury that he could not explode the way he used to.  without that explosiveness, he is not a viable nba player. given rest and rehab over the summer, i think he'll be the same as ever.  and his value took a huge hit because of the bad performance in the post season, we stand to once again get the guy on the cheap for at least one more year.  i'd be shocked if anyone was rushing to sign him.  we should be glad to have a hustle guy back for cheap.  anyone who disagrees can't tell their "fat hate" from a guy who has true celtics grit and hustle and would do anything to win. 
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

He did well "other than Offense".  Well he also didn't rebound well.  So yeah if you are looking for a 4 who can't score or board then he is awesome.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]Only thing Baby lacks is a atheticism, high basketball IQ, a team attitude and basketball skills. Other than that he's great.
    Posted by tompenny[/QUOTE]

Where's the "like" button?

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JayShizzle45. Show JayShizzle45's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BIG BABY : Green either gets very nervous during crunch time or has bad hands.  Besides that he's fine (I guess). If he's your third (or preferably fourth) best player you may have something.  If he's in your top two, then maybe you don't.
    Posted by jallen5799[/QUOTE]

In greens defense, Paul Should not be deferring to Green in crunch time....he had Wade on him in a mismatch and made a silly cross court pass that basically sealed the game....I love the Cap, but he messed up that posession.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

Use baby in a sign and trade - but PLEASE let him go - I've been saying this all year.................baby for Blatche!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdandCowens. Show BirdandCowens's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: BIG BABY : The Celts would be lucky, after Big Baby's performance in the playoffs, if they can get a  B i a t c h  for Glen Davis.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

Exactly, one problem child for another!!

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts