Big Game for Big Baby Tonight

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

Big Game for Big Baby Tonight

I think Glen Davis plays better when he comes off the bench. Let's see if he plays better when he's back to playing his normal role as the 6th man.

This is important because the Celtics need Davis to play well so that KG will not have to play a lot of minutes in the regular season.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Big Game for Big Baby Tonight

BBD may not be coming off the bench. Shaq is a game time decision... so BBD may start at center... and thats assuming KG actually does play.

Im still waiting to see if Doc says KG felt a little sore this morning, so......

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

So Shaq is a game time decision? Hmm, I remember P34 telling us how Shaq and Erden can play more minutes, just move people around, we don't need another big. Well if Shaq can't go tonight that tells me Friday's monster game wore him out. I hope he can play.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    What about SE? Is he out, too? He used to start when O'Neals're out.

AK

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: Big Game for Big Baby Tonight:
    [QUOTE]Hi, What about SE? Is he out, too? He used to start when O'Neals're out. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

IF Semi plays, it wont be for long. He'll foul out quick against Howard and give up plenty of and1's imo.

If Shaq cant play & JO out, we're gonna have trouble down low with DH.  Baby can handle him for awhile but then what?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

BBD is pretty good on Howard defensively.  He just body's him and howard doesn't like physical play unless it's his elbow knocking an opponent unconscious.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]So Shaq is a game time decision? Hmm, I remember P34 telling us how Shaq and Erden can play more minutes, just move people around, we don't need another big. Well if Shaq can't go tonight that tells me Friday's monster game wore him out. I hope he can play.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

January 16th, 2011
    www.bostonherald.com/blogs/sports/celtics/index.php/2011/01/16/sunday-practice-notes-garnett-takes-full-part/" class="headline">Sunday practice notes: Garnett takes full part
    Posted by Steve Bulpett at 2:19 pm 

Kevin Garnett (strained right calf) went through the full practice today and, barring any unexpected problems, will be able to play against Orlando tomorrow night.

There is a question, however, whether Shaquille O’Neal will be out there with him. Shaq slipped on some snow and ice this morning and injured an adductor muscle in his upper leg. He did not work out. …

Kendrick Perkins went through his first full contact session since offseason ACL surgery and looked very good. He is hoping to return when the Celtics host Dallas on Feb. 4.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I'm not against getting another big man, but I'm against signing Mikki Moore.

As long as the Celtics have 15 players under contract there is no move possible. 

Trading Perk and BBD for Andray Blatche is not the answer either. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

[QUOTE]I'm not against getting another big man, but I'm against signing Mikki Moore. As long as the Celtics have 15 players under contract there is no move possible.  Trading Perk and BBD for Andray Blatche is not the answer either. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

Hey DJ, change the music!!! Someone move the needle on P34. He's like a record that has been looping for the past month.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]So Shaq is a game time decision? Hmm, I remember P34 telling us how Shaq and Erden can play more minutes, just move people around, we don't need another big. Well if Shaq can't go tonight that tells me Friday's monster game wore him out. I hope he can play.
    Posted by BiasLewis[/QUOTE]

Well maybe you should read more.  The report I read said he slipped on some ice.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE] As long as the Celtics have 15 players under contract there is no move possible. Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

It is not impossible, they just have to move one of the contracts.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from TeamUmbutu. Show TeamUmbutu's posts

Baby will play center tonight.

Shaq and Baby are the only effective big bodies that can keep Howard away from the basket with the way Howard's game is called.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

If Shaq sits, game over. I don't think we beat Orlando.

The C's have a cushion on the Heat...5 games. I just wouldn't put too much emphasis on this game tonight. Hold KGs mins down.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

Is #26 playing tonite??

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Game for Big Baby Tonight : It is not impossible, they just have to move one of the contracts.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

Not impossible but only Bradley and JO are expendable right now. And right now they don't have trade value.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

the keys to tonight's game are:

1) davis can't have foul trouble

2) somehow we have to get howard into foul trouble.

once upon a time, davis had a reasonable jump hook and i've seen him operate in the paint against howard some.  but this is a tall order for davis alone to be responsible for howard losing floor time to fouls.

i daresay, tonight is the time for rajjon rondo to drive the lane and try to draw some fouls on howard.  and i dont' care if rondo shoots 10% or 0% on his foul shots. 

some nights, there is great value in a point guard doing that- going at another team's big man for whatever reason- tonight it's because we are SHORT at least two bodies at the 5 spot.

i'm hoping rondo will drive to draw contact tonight.  do i think it will actually happen?  i can't remember the last time it did.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]the keys to tonight's game are: 1) davis can't have foul trouble 2) somehow we have to get howard into foul trouble. once upon a time, davis had a reasonable jump hook and i've seen him operate in the paint against howard some.  but this is a tall order for davis alone to be responsible for howard losing floor time to fouls. i daresay, tonight is the time for rajjon rondo to drive the lane and try to draw some fouls on howard.  and i dont' care if rondo shoots 10% or 0% on his foul shots.  some nights, there is great value in a point guard doing that- going at another team's big man for whatever reason- tonight it's because we are SHORT at least two bodies at the 5 spot. i'm hoping rondo will drive to draw contact tonight.  do i think it will actually happen?  i can't remember the last time it did.
    Posted by aciemvp[/QUOTE]

You didn't really think Howard would get in foul trouble did you? 1 foul.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

I think Big Baby played well tonight. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

Great game for Big Baby. He tends to play at his best vs the Magic.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In Response to Big Game for Big Baby Tonight:
    [QUOTE]I think Glen Davis plays better when he comes off the bench. Let's see if he plays better when he's back to playing his normal role as the 6th man. This is important because the Celtics need Davis to play well so that KG will not have to play a lot of minutes in the regular season.
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

You're a Prophet!  He did exactly as you predicted.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Game for Big Baby Tonight : You didn't really think Howard would get in foul trouble did you? 1 foul.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

it's been done before.  not that davis alone had any chance of doing it.  but duh-wight has frequently gone to the pine for hacking.  i thought for sure we would have pushed the issue a bit more with shaq in there.

oh well, a win is a win.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

I agree that Glen seems to play better coming off the bench. Good energy.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]I think Big Baby played well tonight. 
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

i don't even think duddler would disagree with you.  but he'd probably still want deanderthal jordan over davis for some reason- FT accuracy, yeah, that's it.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

BBD looked extremely comfortable and effective  tonight with KG back.  I also thought in the last minute or two BBD played excellent defense against Dwight (the pinhead) Howard.  Keeping him from backing in toward the basket.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

[QUOTE]BBD looked extremely comfortable and effective  tonight with KG back.  I also thought in the last minute or two BBD played excellent defense against Dwight (the pinhead) Howard.  Keeping him from backing in toward the basket.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

not to mention the fairly crucial assist that he had to garnett and i do believe he was credited with a swat against howard very late in the game. 

the referees seem to have come to respect davis as it pertains to howard.  howard tried to bull into him about 3 or 4 times and lost the mometum battle and there was NO CALL, as there should have been.  more than one of those times the ball went flying in an errant direction and we either had a chance to take the ball on a turnover or get a rebound from a wild howard shot.

to see davis slashing toward the hoop again with effectiveness was a welcome sight.  i was wondering why they didn't post him more to try to get rid of ryan anderson with either fouls or inside his head that he was a doormat (like he is) on defense.