Big Game Today- Division Crown on the Line.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Big Game Today- Division Crown on the Line.

Most Celtic fans are wanting our team to get in the playoffs and make some noise.  Some feel its better to lose for better draft picks.  I feel you want every player on your team to develop a winners mentality.  You don't do that with losing.  Getting in the playoffs and winning a series or two has advantages.  It teaches some of the young players the intensity of the games, and gives them experience that pays off in future years.  Losing and getting a good draft pick if fine and dandy if you give it your best and thats where you end up.  Winning promotes winning mentality and well losing does the opposite.  With that being said the game today is very big.

Here is part of article this morning.
    Despite losing the first two head-to-head matchups of the season with Philadelphia, Boston could put itself in prime position to win the division with a victory Sunday at TD Garden (the division champ is guaranteed no worse than the No. 4 seed in the East). Yes, Philadelphia owns the head-to-head tiebreaker, meaning Boston must finish ahead in the final standings, but a three-game cushion with 10 games to go would make it mighty tough on a 76ers squad that has lost three straight and six of its past nine overall.

We win this game and the odds are we will win the division which everyone knows what that means.   Who knows we may be the first team to not average 40 rebounds and win a title.

Winner today probably wins division.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Big Game Today- Division Crown on the Line.

In Response to Big Game Today- Division Crown on the Line.:
    [QUOTE]Most Celtic fans are wanting our team to get in the playoffs and make some noise.  Some feel its better to lose for better draft picks.  I feel you want every player on your team to develop a winners mentality.  You don't do that with losing.  Getting in the playoffs and winning a series or two has advantages.  It teaches some of the young players the intensity of the games, and gives them experience that pays off in future years.  Losing and getting a good draft pick if fine and dandy if you give it your best and thats where you end up.  Winning promotes winning mentality and well losing does the opposite.  With that being said the game today is very big. Here is part of article this morning. Despite losing the first two head-to-head matchups of the season with Philadelphia, Boston could put itself in prime position to win the division with a victory Sunday at TD Garden (the division champ is guaranteed no worse than the No. 4 seed in the East). Yes, Philadelphia owns the head-to-head tiebreaker, meaning Boston must finish ahead in the final standings, but a three-game cushion with 10 games to go would make it mighty tough on a 76ers squad that has lost three straight and six of its past nine overall. We win this game and the odds are we will win the division which everyone knows what that means.   Who knows we may be the first team to not average 40 rebounds and win a title. Winner today probably wins division.
    Posted by OneOnOne[/QUOTE]

I believe the Celtics have a good chance of winning today.  Although, they have one of the toughest remaining schedules of any team in the NBA and not sure how many games we will lose before the season ends.  I am one of the Celtics fans who thought that they would have been better off not making the playoffs.  I don't believe that now and hope that we can end up as 3rd or 4th seed in the East.  Just not sure with the difficult remaining schedule if it is possible to remain as the 3rd or 4th seed.  It will be much more difficult in the playoffs if the Celtics end up as 7th or 8th seed. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

each game with philly this year is a second night of back to back circumstance, which is nuts. at least philly also played last night. also, i anticipate winning at least two games when our away bk 2 bk 2 bk comes next weekend -- @toronto is quite winnable, @nj will also be a bk 2 bk circumstance for the nets, and @charlotte is just that.... @charlotte.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

This is a huge game and I'm rooting hard for our guys. Last night's win was big but losing today would really hurt. 

"Some feel its better to lose for better draft picks."

I know what you are saying but at this point the Celts are making the playoffs so the only viable option as a fan right now is to root like heck for one more great run with this lineup. 

We need the fourth seed or third seed to make the best run. So that's it. Go Celts!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

pumped for this one. end the week on a good note. 5-2!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

In Response to Re: Big Game Today- Division Crown on the Line.:
    [QUOTE]This is a huge game and I'm rooting hard for our guys. Last night's win was big but losing today would really hurt.  " Some feel its better to lose for better draft picks." I know what you are saying but at this point the Celts are making the playoffs so the only viable option as a fan right now is to root like heck for one more great run with this lineup.  We need the fourth seed or third seed to make the best run. So that's it. Go Celts!
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]  I was one who wanted us to get a better draft position by missing the playoffs.  It is inevitable that we are going to make it, so now they have to win it all.  The window is closed, but not quit locked.  GO CELTICS!!!!!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

I don't like how Rondo's playing so far, he's being careless. And he's walking it up, even took a 3.
    This game is critical, I hope he picks up the pace. We'll need his best.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

lol is this the game thread?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

It must be, right?
    It's impossible not to have a thread for the most important game of the season!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

thats true. well, playing well so far!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from srinivasa. Show srinivasa's posts

Let's make this a blowout!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]thats true. well, playing well so far!
    Posted by JamezHill24[/QUOTE]

Agree that it has been a great start by the Celtics so far.  I really don't want to see another Boston team lose today.  It was really another disappointing loss by the Red Sox today. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Love the energy so far. Let's see if they can keep bringing it. Even Sasha showing us something the last couple of games.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Most impressive is our rebounding. We are equal to the opposition at 15. I see us in position, jumping hard, and securing the ball. Love how we are coming around at the right time of the season.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

Rondo's anticipation passes arent connecting tonite

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Ok Rondo, time to stop the stupidity. 3 turnovers in a row!

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Celtics now essentially a lock to win the Eastern Conf. Come on, C's, prove everyone wrong and get at least to the ECF's.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Game Today- Division Crown on the Line. : I'm very glad to be wrong as the rest of us should. CASox said the Celts would end up 2-5, davidap said 4-3, and I said 0-7. The Celts once again proved us fans wrong.  Great job by Doc moving Ray to the bench. I never thought Doc would dare do that this season.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

You need to have a more optimistic outlook.  How could you think that the Celtics would lose every game?  I realize that they have a difficult remaining schedule, but they should still win more games than they lose. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

RONDO!!!

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Game Today- Division Crown on the Line. : Atlantic division, but not the east conference.
    Posted by Fiercest34[/QUOTE]

STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE!!

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts