Big Games

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Big Games

The Celtics play good almost every night, but they do get up for big games.  Ray and Glen seem to shine and Paul and Kevin rise up to another level, Rondo plays big in most games but seems to cause us problems when guarded by Koby or Wade.  The next game Sunday against the Lakers can not be classified big because the schedule makers put the Lakers in a very good positon ,that night, that will not exist if a playoff series is experienced. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Re: Big Games

We all know by now that Celtics play to the level of their competition. They are always favored when they play the good teams since that is when they take their talents to the next level, especially the big 3 who are always up to the challenge.

So bring on the good teams. I can't wait to watch the Celtics and Lakers game. Just hope shaq plays. It's going to be very competitive and interesting since it is on national television. Celtics will rise to the occasion.

Time Will Only Tell

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

What will really be interesting is when we have Dallas, Orlando, LA Lakers, and Miami at home from Feb 4 to Feb 13 (and a quick trip to Charlotte thrown in the middle).  That's going to be a true test for them!  

And Perk is tentatively scheduled to come back on the Feb. 4th game vs Dallas!  He should help with Boards and Defense.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

That would be very, very, very, very interesting.

I wish Perk could return by Feb. 4th like he said, that would indeed motivate the Celtics into a big run through the All-Star break.

I know KG is the anchor of Celtics defense but their defense is more stingy, more locked-down, and more complete when Perkins is in the game.

Just can't wait for everyone to return from injury, including DWest.

Time Will Only Tell

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

I think Perk could play physically now, but it takes a while after a long rehab to transition back into seriously thinking about playing and not thinking about your injury.  I'd like to see him come back a little earlier just to sit on the bench and maybe mop up a few junk time minutes to make his transition back easier.  Introduce him into the starting lineup again on the 4th.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Insert Perk back into the line up?????  SHAQ is doing fine.  Perk can work his way back to heavy minutes, but not back to the starting line up.  Let them battle it out over the summer.  If SHAQ goes down, then Perk can start.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from jeezem. Show jeezem's posts

In Response to Re: Big Games:
    [QUOTE]Insert Perk back into the line up?????  SHAQ is doing fine.  Perk can work his way back to heavy minutes, but not back to the starting line up.  Let them battle it out over the summer.  If SHAQ goes down, then Perk can start.
    Posted by jdm894g[/QUOTE]Fair enough.  I just want to see how Shaq adapts to being a 6th man.   Picture how much it would change the game when instead of Semih Erden or JO comes in off the bench, instead it is Shaq coming into the game with a head of steam worked up.  A real game changing bench player.  For serious.  Not Glen Davis coming into the game as your 6th man - Shaq!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Well I cant wait to see how Doc handles it...It's a good problem to have!!!!