Big men who may be traded before the season starts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Big men who may be traded before the season starts

O. Asik-hou

M. Gortat- Phoe

L. Aldridge- Port

If YOU were GM

would you have interest in any of them and what would you trade/offer to get them?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Big men who may be traded before the season starts

Totally depends on if we are planning on dumping rondo and green or not. Might have some interest asik or Aldridge. Not gortat. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Wasn't lamarcus already traded?  Personally I think adding him curtails our potential to be very good in 3 years in favor of being decent for the next 3.  I think he's good but not a max guy.  On a championship team hes a robin at best.  Compare to bosh for example.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

agreed. Either we're trying to build around rondo and green now or we're completely blowing it up. Any oth these big only matter if we're trying to win with rondo and green. Otherwise, they're too old. And too expensive to boot. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Actually, both green and rondo have favorable contracts, IMO.  

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

O. Asik-hou

I'd trade for Asik if I had the right piece to fit next to Howard to tempt the Rockets to go all in. Asik is a legit defender and is still young so he could be a good piece for a growing team that wants to extend him to a longer deal. Maybe a team like the Pelicans could dangle Ryan Anderson and then pair up Asik & Unibrow as a pretty dominant defensive front court to go with a pretty dynamic backcourt of Evans, Gordan and Holiday. That is a team that could grow into itself. Send then River, Anderson & 2nd pick for Asik, maybe less.

M. Gortat- Phoe

I'd trade for Gortat if I had a conding team and I wanted to go all in. This would qualify a team like OKC. If OKC could do a Perkins, Lamb and a 1st for Gortat, I would probably do that.

L. Aldridge- Port

Aldridge will require a bigger deal. I think he could go to a near contender, someone like the Bulls. The Bulls could offer Boozer, Butler and a future 1st pick (stole this idea from Simmons). I think Rose, that white dude they got, Deng, Aldridge and Noah would be a near favorite.

For the Celtics ...

I'll pass on LaMarcus. He's too expensive and I don't buy him as that good of an allstar. Gortat just doesn't make sense anymore. I like asiq if we could get him without giving up much. Something like Bass & Lee and a pick (secound?). I doubt Houston takes that deal, but I'm not sending out Green, Rondo, Sully, Bradley or Olynyk. Maybe they take Wallace & Bass & a pick ... that would be a pretty solid team. Houston is a team that could use Wallace as a 6 man. Grit & Grind & with all their young talent, his contract can be flipped by the time they need to pay Parsons, Lin, etc...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

agreed. Either we're trying to build around rondo and green now or we're completely blowing it up. Any oth these big only matter if we're trying to win with rondo and green. Otherwise, they're too old. And too expensive to boot. 

I think Aldridge and Asik are both 27, same as Rondo.

Aldridge is the best of the three to me and under contract for two more years at around $14-15M each.

so if you go after him, you are wanting a QUICK rebuild and to make the playoffs next year.

you'd probably have to trade KO or Sullinger (probably KO) and Humprhies (expiring deal) along with a frist round pick to make Portland even look at you.

that would leave the celtics with:

Aldrdige ( Melo and Fav on bench)

Bass( Sullinger and Randolph)

Green ( Wallace and Bogans)

Bradley ( Lee , Brooks and Crawford)

Rondo ( Pressey)

Ideally you trade one of Bogans, Brooks or Crawford in another deal for an experianced BU Point,

that team would probably be a playoff team, but not sure how good they would be (if healhty). 4 seed?

7 seed?

to me Asik is a much lesser player, however he is a good fit here at center ( a big need right now).

his deal is for $5M this year and $15M next, so we'd could tarde say Bass or Lee to Houston for him...lets say bass

Humphries expriing deal meanss the $10M cap jump doesn't effect the teams salary cap much if at all.

Celtics roster would be:

Asik ( Melo and Fav)

Sullinger, KO, Humprhies

Other players same as above.

but where is that team, come next year?

5-8 seed?

out of playoffs?

Gortat is not an option at all to me, as he is 29YO and not any type of long term solution.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Kak ... I dont believe that for a second. Rondo is 27, Green in 26. Paul was 30 when Danny finally put a contender around him in 2007 (KG & Ray were slightly older) that was a 6 year run. I believe if Rondo gets an extension, with Stevens 6 year deal, I think they have 3 years starting now to build a contender around Rondo and compete for another stretch of years.

I'm telling you, with this team we have enough assets to build a contender. The picks REALLY help. Danny just needs to draft smart and get lucky in free agency.

If we can somehow get Boogie Cousins, Moose Monroe or Block Party Sanders next summer then we can shorten that process by a lot. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

Kak ... I dont believe that for a second. Rondo is 27, Green in 26. Paul was 30 when Danny finally put a contender around him in 2007 (KG & Ray were slightly older) that was a 6 year run. I believe if Rondo gets an extension, with Stevens 6 year deal, I think they have 3 years starting now to build a contender around Rondo and compete for another stretch of years.

I'm telling you, with this team we have enough assets to build a contender. The picks REALLY help. Danny just needs to draft smart and get lucky in free agency.

If we can somehow get Boogie Cousins, Moose Monroe or Block Party Sanders next summer then we can shorten that process by a lot. 

I gotta say I think that Aldridge is better than Cousins, Monroe or Sanders......and the same age as Rondo.

Not sayin Ainge could even put an offer on the table that Portland woudl accept, but if THOSE players are other options...I sure would pick up the phone to Portland for a conversation!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

while i think that rondo and green (and to a lesser extent bradley and sullinger) are nice to very nice complimentary pieces, i think you have to put a superstar into that group to make it a legit contender. who that supertar is, i have no idea. if we're going to build through the draft, i'm not sure rondo and green are going to want to wait 2-3 more years for us to become contenders. if, on the other hand, we somehow turn some of our assets (picks, young talent, expiring contracts) into a franchise-type player, then rondo, green, bradley, sully, KO, brooks, maybe even lee all become very important players to put around that unknown player. it remains to be seen. we certainly have many options available to us. we can dump rondo and green and basically anyone over the age of 27 and go very young and build for the future. or we can use our assets to try and rebuild more quickly. i'm guessing not even DA knows exactly at this point...he'll probably wait and see what falls in his lap. and he's got from now to february to figure it out. by then, we'll know how healthy both rondo and sully are. and we'll know how successful green can be as the starting 3.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

while i think that rondo and green (and to a lesser extent bradley and sullinger) are nice to very nice complimentary pieces, i think you have to put a superstar into that group to make it a legit contender. who that supertar is, i have no idea. if we're going to build through the draft, i'm not sure rondo and green are going to want to wait 2-3 more years for us to become contenders. if, on the other hand, we somehow turn some of our assets (picks, young talent, expiring contracts) into a franchise-type player, then rondo, green, bradley, sully, KO, brooks, maybe even lee all become very important players to put around that unknown player. it remains to be seen. we certainly have many options available to us. we can dump rondo and green and basically anyone over the age of 27 and go very young and build for the future. or we can use our assets to try and rebuild more quickly. i'm guessing not even DA knows exactly at this point...he'll probably wait and see what falls in his lap. and he's got from now to february to figure it out. by then, we'll know how healthy both rondo and sully are. and we'll know how successful green can be as the starting 3.

I think Green will be just fine

I also think he'll never be a superstar player like you said. more like a 15-17pt/G guy, very athletic and he is a bterr 3 pt shooter than most seem to think here. he doesn't rebound well, and until late last year wasn't a particuarly aggresive player.

I would agree also that Rondo and Green could be two parts of the typical 3 player team headliners.

Getting that third guy might be tougher than we think though.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

I gotta say I think that Aldridge is better than Cousins, Monroe or Sanders......and the same age as Rondo.

Not sayin Ainge could even put an offer on the table that Portland woudl accept, but if THOSE players are other options...I sure would pick up the phone to Portland for a conversation!

[/QUOTE]

I just don't buy Aldrige as a Center. IMO we need a 20-10 Center who can guard the Hibberts & Howards of the NBA somewhat effectively, and protect that paint.

I'm just not sold on Aldrige being that guy or even wanting to be that guy. For me, we have to cheaper options at PF in Sully & KO right now. Obviously neither are at LA's level right now, but PF is overrated. I want a legit center to pair with my legit PG. The next need after that is getting a knockdown shooter who can really spread the floor, someone who relishes late game, high pressure shots. Then we contend.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

I just don't buy Aldrige as a Center. IMO we need a 20-10 Center who can guard the Hibberts & Howards of the NBA somewhat effectively, and protect that paint.

I'm just not sold on Aldrige being that guy or even wanting to be that guy. For me, we have to cheaper options at PF in Sully & KO right now. Obviously neither are at LA's level right now, but PF is overrated. I want a legit center to pair with my legit PG. The next need after that is getting a knockdown shooter who can really spread the floor, someone who relishes late game, high pressure shots. Then we contend.

There is no Center in the NBA right now that's averaging 20-10 and can protect the paint.

If the Celtics are going to build around Rondo and Jeff Green then Aldridge is the perfect fit.

I have to agree that it would be the best option out there currently (IF it is an option that is).

Aldrdidge, Green and Rondo are a very good trio in thier prime right now (if all are healthy of course).

Having sullinger and Bradly with them looks like a playoff team to me....but NOT a championship level team I must say.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

[QUOTE]

There is no Center in the NBA right now that's averaging 20-10 and can protect the paint.

If the Celtics are going to build around Rondo and Jeff Green then Aldridge is the perfect fit.

[/QUOTE]

I disagree.

20-10 is a rough demand. I mean a guy who CAN get 20-10. Hibbert for example averaged 17 & 10 in the post season. A guy like that.

Larry Sanders had a game against the Heat in their series where he got 16 & 11. He's essentially going to be a 20 & 10 guy.

Monroe is essentially a 20& 10 guy ... 16 & 10 in the regular season and he's 23. Maybe not a "rim protector" but certainly more than LA is.

Maybe I dont see him enough since we play portland twice a year ... but you tell me. Can and will LA guard guys like Cousins, Howard, Bynum/Oden, Hibbert, Chandler, Garnett, Lopez ... certainly if you think he can, you're right that he's an ideal fit as a stretch 5. But they weren't playing him as a 5 in portland and it sounds like he wants out sort of based on the hope of playing with a legit 5.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Not a huge fan of aldridge soft game. Plus he cant play center. We need a PURE center. A guy like asik makes the most sense. He still young enough to build around and can defend,rebound and score a little.

Some of the trade ideas ive heard for asik like bbass and lee just wont get it done. I think its more like ab/bbass/lee and 1st round pick. And as much as id hate to trade ab we desperately need a center, it takes talent to get talent.

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:

Not a huge fan of aldridge soft game. Plus he cant play center. We need a PURE center. A guy like asik makes the most sense. He still young enough to build around and can defend,rebound and score a little.

Some of the trade ideas ive heard for asik like bbass and lee just wont get it done. I think its more like ab/bbass/lee and 1st round pick. And as much as id hate to trade ab we desperately need a center, it takes talent to get talent.

asik for Bass and a frist round pick would do it for me!

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Aldridge is a better scorer than monroe, but I think Monroe is a better player in the whole.  Certainly a better passer.  I think Aldridge is a little soft.  He want to shoot and otherwise not get too sweaty.  Aldridge more of a black hole while Monroe can and will pass, which is more fun to watch.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts