Big men who may be traded before the season starts

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Big men who may be traded before the season starts

I like asik at the 5, based on his age, what he brings to the table, and what little I know of Aldridge. And I don't mind giving up bass and/or lee plus one of our many picks to get him. Rondo, [shooting guard], green, sully/KO, asik is a decent starting 5. Bradley is the 6th man. We would just need a legit deep threat at the 2 and I'd be happy. 

Asik can't shoot free throws, but KO can play the 5 late in games to avoid the hack-a-Turk. 

I'd welcome asik if the quick rebuild is what we are looking at. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

I like asik at the 5, based on his age, what he brings to the table, and what little I know of Aldridge. And I don't mind giving up bass and/or lee plus one of our many picks to get him. Rondo, [shooting guard], green, sully/KO, asik is a decent starting 5. Bradley is the 6th man. We would just need a legit deep threat at the 2 and I'd be happy. 

Asik can't shoot free throws, but KO can play the 5 late in games to avoid the hack-a-Turk. 

I'd welcome asik if the quick rebuild is what we are looking at. 

the FT's are not a problem for aldridge as hes' been over 80% the past couple years.

http://www.basketball-reference.com/players/a/aldrila01.html

boy he's as close as 20/10 player that MIGHT be availible for trade today.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Sounds like he thinks he's more of a 4 though, based on what others are saying. I don't know that much about him myself. 

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

I disagree.

20-10 is a rough demand. I mean a guy who CAN get 20-10. Hibbert for example averaged 17 & 10 in the post season. A guy like that.

Larry Sanders had a game against the Heat in their series where he got 16 & 11. He's essentially going to be a 20 & 10 guy.

Monroe is essentially a 20& 10 guy ... 16 & 10 in the regular season and he's 23. Maybe not a "rim protector" but certainly more than LA is.

Maybe I dont see him enough since we play portland twice a year ... but you tell me. Can and will LA guard guys like Cousins, Howard, Bynum/Oden, Hibbert, Chandler, Garnett, Lopez ... certainly if you think he can, you're right that he's an ideal fit as a stretch 5. But they weren't playing him as a 5 in portland and it sounds like he wants out sort of based on the hope of playing with a legit 5.

There's no way Greg Monroe is as good as Aldridge right now.

Last season there were only 2 big men, Aldridge and Brook Lopez, in the NBA in the top 10 in points per game. And Aldridge is the only big man to average 20 points or more per game.

[/QUOTE]

true! LA doesnt have to be a double double guy if you have someone like humphries and rondo 

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Aldridge and Olynyk can play 4 or 5.

Was Pau Gasol considered a rim protector when the Lakers got him in 2008?

But Gasol ended up with 2 rings from 2008 to 2010, right?

Right now the best big man available is Aldridge.

If Ainge can get him then that shortens the rebuilding process.

Otherwise us Celtic fans would have to wait at least 10 years to see the Celtics in the Finals again.

I'm not saying the Celtics will not make the playoffs in the next 10 years. What I'm saying is the Celtics will not make the Finals in the next 10 years if Ainge continues to build through the draft.

Maybe if the Celts get lucky and end up with Wiggins then the rebuilding process will also be shortened. 

Hate to say it but I agree other than I don't see Danny ever taking the slow boat draft as a means to an end .... I'm on the Aldridge train and I think that's right up Danny's ally.

[/QUOTE]

im on the same page!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

The reason why Aldridge is not getting 10 boards per game is because of JJ Hickson.

Playing alongside a monster rebounder like Hickson will surely pull down your rebounding average if you're also a big man.

agreed. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to TheBigTicket05's comment:

You are a JOKE!  First, KG aka "The Big Ticket" is gone!  So change your avatar! LMAO

I disagree.

20-10 is a rough demand. I mean a guy who CAN get 20-10. Hibbert for example averaged 17 & 10 in the post season. A guy like that.

Larry Sanders had a game against the Heat in their series where he got 16 & 11. He's essentially going to be a 20 & 10 guy.

Monroe is essentially a 20& 10 guy ... 16 & 10 in the regular season and he's 23. Maybe not a "rim protector" but certainly more than LA is.

Maybe I dont see him enough since we play portland twice a year ... but you tell me. Can and will LA guard guys like Cousins, Howard, Bynum/Oden, Hibbert, Chandler, Garnett, Lopez ... certainly if you think he can, you're right that he's an ideal fit as a stretch 5. But they weren't playing him as a 5 in portland and it sounds like he wants out sort of based on the hope of playing with a legit 5.

Last season there were only 2 big men, Aldridge and Brook Lopez, in the NBA in the top 10 in points per game. And Aldridge is the only big man to average 20 points or more per game.

true! LA doesnt have to be a double double guy if you have someone like humphries and rondo 

Look kid, you're a joke with the "big ticket" avatar! 

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:

You are a JOKE!  First, KG aka "The Big Ticket" is gone!  So change your avatar! LMAO

I disagree.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to kdp59's comment:

O. Asik-hou

M. Gortat- Phoe

L. Aldridge- Port

If YOU were GM

would you have interest in any of them and what would you trade/offer to get them?

I have no interest in them. I'ld give Fab for any of them though Wink. Tank, Tank, Tank!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

I disagree.

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

fyi he's not 5 dude! he is a legit pf though

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I didn't.  I thout he was a nice player.  Average toughness, nice scorer. Thats what I thought coming from Memphis.  I did think he was thinner than he had become.

i didn't think he would make them as good as he did, but I never thought he was soft.  I always thought he looked like one of those guys who stunk so bad you didnt want to lay on him.  

kind of like why i quit wrestling.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

i wouldn't trade for any of those guys because it would mean giving up draft picks. danny should not make any desperate trades until after next years draft lottery. if he misses out on a top 3 pick then he can start making significant deals.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[QUOTE]

I disagree.

[/QUOTE]

Don't you think its a little bit a result of LA being the only allstar player on that team? You know, big baby was scoring a lot last year before he got hurt on a star-less Orlando team...

You tell me, is LA a 5? Can we seriously compete with 3 PFs and no true Center??

I disagree about Monroe. I think they are similar enough. LA has been in the league a lot longer than Monroe, so he has that going for him

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

If Aldridge is a 4 and not a 5, I'm less interested. I thought we were all wanting a true 5 in the middle. We have 2 promising young 4s already, not even counting bass. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

You tell me, is LA a 5? Can we seriously compete with 3 PFs and no true Center??

I disagree about Monroe. I think they are similar enough. LA has been in the league a lot longer than Monroe, so he has that going for him

[/QUOTE]

Green is a SF

so yes we can compete with 2 PF's and Green.

I believe that a Starting Lineup of:

Aldrdidge

Sullinger

Green

Bradley

Rondo

Bench:

Bass

Lee

Wallace

Bogans

Brooks or Crawford

Fab or Fav

Pressey or Minimum wage vet PG

is a damn solid NBA playoff team

If Ainge could get Aldridge for Humphries, KO and Brooks or Crawford and a throw in first rounder say in 2015..I would jump all over it.

all that said, I think there is almost a ZERO change Ainge can pull off a trade for him.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

O. Asik-hou

M. Gortat- Phoe

L. Aldridge- Port

If YOU were GM

would you have interest in any of them and what would you trade/offer to get them?

I have no interest in them. I'ld give Fab for any of them though Wink. Tank, Tank, Tank!!

[/QUOTE]

that is certainly the way it looks today.

if it is true that as many as 5 players in next years draft COULD become star NBA players...it would make some sense as well.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts