Big Win Tonight!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Big Win Tonight!

I believe we'll (the Cs) will win tonight....whose with me on this? Got a feelin!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Big Win Tonight!

In Response to Big Win Tonight!:
    [QUOTE]I believe we'll (the Cs) will win tonight....whose with me on this? Got a feelin!
    Posted by walk2run[/QUOTE]

No, I don't believe they will win tonight.  If they can, then it would be a good sign that maybe things are turning around for the Celtics. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

walk2run, I can feel a Celtics win tonight.

I think one of the Thunder 3 (Durant, Westbrook, Harden) will NOT have a great game and I think we will finally show up and play our best game of the season.

I think Ray Allen comes out of his slump, Pierce shows signs that he's almost in game shape and we'll get huge contributions from Pietrus and Bass.  I also believe Rondo will make it a point to win his one-on-one matchup with Westbook.

This is a game where the Celtics "fool" everyone and tease you into believing they just may not be FINISHED!

Celtics win tonight baby!!!!!  Mark my words.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I hope you are right. I had the same feeling Friday night.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

I hope you're right , but i'm not feeling it either. We could play one of our best games and still lose to the Thunder. I just don't think we're good enough to beat teams like the Thunder!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

If Jermaine logs some serious minutes we will lose.  A fact sit him Doc.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I don't think the Thunder have much other than Durant, Westbrook and Harden.  We have to keep Durant from GOING OFF.  We're not going to get beat by their bigs (Collison, Ibaka, Perk) so there "should" be less pressure on JON, KG and Bass.  Honestly, our bigs should outscore theirs.  Neither Perk (6), Ibaka (5.8) or Collison (4) are particularly good rebounders so there "should" not be a significant disparity in that department.  Durant leads the team in rebounding too.  If we can slow things down, I believe we can beat the Thunder.

If we can keep everyone NOT named Durant, Westbrook and Harden from making a major contribution (double figures), we have a good chance to win.

I think Perk is going to try to do too much which will help us, in the long run.  Look for Perk to try to get off offensively and if JON or Stiemsma can play adequate defense, that should be enough to negate anything Perk brings.  I wouldn't be surprised if Perk was too hyped and got himself into foul trouble.

We will know fairly early if we can win.  We will have to score the basketball and score early.  We cannot have a slow start tonight or we'll get run off the court.

If Ray and Pierce hit their first perimeter shots, I think we'll be on our way.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from calvinator. Show calvinator's posts

In Response to Re: Big Win Tonight!:
    [QUOTE]I don't think the Thunder have much other than Durant, Westbrook and Harden.  We have to keep Durant from GOING OFF.  We're not going to get beat by their bigs (Collison, Ibaka, Perk) so there "should" be less pressure on JON, KG and Bass.  Honestly, our bigs should outscore theirs.  Neither Perk (6), Ibaka (5.8) or Collison (4) are particularly good rebounders so there "should" not be a significant disparity in that department.  Durant leads the team in rebounding too.  If we can slow things down, I believe we can beat the Thunder. If we can keep everyone NOT named Durant, Westbrook and Harden from making a major contribution (double figures), we have a good chance to win. I think Perk is going to try to do too much which will help us, in the long run.  Look for Perk to try to get off offensively and if JON or Stiemsma can play adequate defense, that should be enough to negate anything Perk brings.  I wouldn't be surprised if Perk was too hyped and got himself into foul trouble. We will know fairly early if we can win.  We will have to score the basketball and score early.  We cannot have a slow start tonight or we'll get run off the court. If Ray and Pierce hit their first perimeter shots, I think we'll be on our way.
    Posted by Petey62[/QUOTE]

I agree with your points on the bigs. Good post.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Nope, unfortunately.....we'll win the next game.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbeach48. Show dbeach48's posts

doubt it profusely

durant showed last yr  didnt play

Cs lost

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

I had the same feeling last game!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cfaninla. Show cfaninla's posts

We'll lose tonight...win the next three...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Thunder will want to win this for Perk

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

OKC is one of the best teams in the league and are young and athletic. C'z have a punchers chance. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Big Win Tonight!:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Big Win Tonight! : I agree with your points on the bigs. Good post.
    Posted by calvinator[/QUOTE]

Petey always makes great points.  He is a very good poster with a high basketball IQ. 

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

I get on this board and say things about the Cs when things go south....but when all is said and done, I'll ride and die with em! Cs by 8 tonight!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Thanks susan250.  As much as I thought the Cs would step it up, they didn't get it done, AGAIN.  Seemed that everything fell into place.  The Thunder had only 3 guys in double figures and I missed Harden for Thabo.

We even outrebounded them but I did not factor in our turnovers.  Seems that any way we can lose a game, the Celtics will find that way to lose.  This team is not good.  Not good at all and, honestly, I don't see THIS TEAM turning it around.

It's going to be a long (short) season.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from walk2run. Show walk2run's posts

Well Cs bloggers I thought we could do it....but DA make sure that I was wishful thinking.