Biggest move that hurt the C's.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

Biggest move that hurt the C's.

I think the biggest mistake the C's made this season was not any trades, it was letting Tibbs go to the Bulls. Hats off to Tibbs dam good job he has done with the Bulls. Go win it all Tibbs i'm rooting for you.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Biggest move that hurt the C's.

Well I live 150 miles from Oklahoma City, and 150 miles from Dallas.  I for one would rather seem either of them win it all.  Dallas because they got ripped in the finals by the refs against the Heat,  kind of like the Kings did against the Lakers.  Both games the refs were helping out the  Heat and Lakers.  Horrible officiating.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Well, if Tibbs could hit a jump shot or keep from throwing a pass away, maybe you've have a point. If Tibbs could have kept Rondo's elbow from popping out or if he could make Shaq's leg heal faster....then maybe you'd have a point.  If he could have kept Delonte from hurting himself for almost the whole season or kept JON's knee and wrist from the problems they had, maybe you'd have a point.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In Response to Biggest move that hurt the C's.:
    I think the biggest mistake the C's made this season was not any trades, it was letting Tibbs go to the Bulls. Hats off to Tibbs dam good job he has done with the Bulls. Go win it all Tibbs i'm rooting for you.
    Posted by vertmont

They didn't really have a choice.  Pro sports etiquette says that you can't keep an assistant coach from talking to another team about a head coaching position (unless you're ready to can your HC and elevate the assistant).

Even if you're assistant manager at Burger King, they can't keep you from talking to KFC across the street about the manager's job.  :-)

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ma6dragon9. Show ma6dragon9's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest move that hurt the C's.:
    In Response to Biggest move that hurt the C's. : They didn't really have a choice.  Pro sports etiquette says that you can't keep an assistant coach from talking to another team about a head coaching position (unless you're ready to can your HC and elevate the assistant). Even if you're assistant manager at Burger King, they can't keep you from talking to KFC across the street about the manager's job.  :-)
    Posted by Number6Fan

Nevermind etiquette, there are specific rules in place to allow coaches to move out of a contract to another team if it's a step up the ladder.

He will be missed, maybe part of the reason the additions throughout the season couldn't acclimate fast enough? Perhaps. Oh well, I never get too mad at seeing a former Boston assistant doing good things elsewhere: Tibbs in CHI, Farrell in TOR, Mills in HOU, Pioli in KC and Dmitroff in ATL. Boston is turning into a coaching factory! Nevermind Crennel, Weis, Mangini and McDaniels...even if they did all fail.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Yeah I kept screaming for Ainge to basically make him Doc's predecessor in waiting after last season. He was worth paying HC money too as an Asst Coach but I'm sure he wanted his own team.

His defense is just suffocating. Hard to believe that Bulls defense is the kind of defense the C's used to play.

I hope Thibs wins it.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Biggest move that hurt the C's.:
    Posted by vertmont

When I brought that up at the start of the season, ALL you C's fans mocked me and thought the great Celtics defense wouldn't skip a beat.

How does that look now?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Yeah I kept screaming for Ainge to basically make him Doc's predecessor in waiting after last season. He was worth paying HC money too as an Asst Coach but I'm sure he wanted his own team. His defense is just suffocating. Hard to believe that Bulls defense is the kind of defense the C's used to play. I hope Thibs wins it.
    Posted by BiasLewis

That defense might have something to do with younger legs, too.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

The mistake was not letting Thibbs go but that Doc suggested he take the Bulls job over the Hornets gig even though it paid less money. Ouch!

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from terrrapin. Show terrrapin's posts

In Response to Biggest move that hurt the C's. : When I brought that up at the start of the season, ALL you C's fans mocked me and thought the great Celtics defense wouldn't skip a beat. How does that look now?
    Posted by Qdaddy

Considering their age.......still one of the Top 5 defenses in the league.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

The biggest move that hurt the Cs was not drafting DeAndre Jordan and waiving Semih Erden.
    Posted by Kirk6

Semih was really coming into his own this year. but like just about everybody else injuries slowed him down. didn't like seeing the Celtics get rid of him and Nate. danny tried to get too cute and it backfired.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest move that hurt the C's. : Considering their age.......still one of the Top 5 defenses in the league.
    Posted by terrrapin

just needed a little something in the middle to stop the bleeding. and yes Perk was the short term answer but he was thinking long term.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Losing Thibs did hurt but he really did deserve a head coaching job and what should DA have done? Fire Doc? That wasn't happening. Now Lawrence Frank is getting a second interview with Houston so who knows who will be our next #1 assistant next year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from jrleftfoot. Show jrleftfoot's posts

Yeah I kept screaming for Ainge to basically make him Doc's predecessor in waiting after last season. He was worth paying HC money too as an Asst Coach but I'm sure he wanted his own team. His defense is just suffocating. Hard to believe that Bulls defense is the kind of defense the C's used to play. I hope Thibs wins it.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Doc`s predecessor was Obrien.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest move that hurt the C's. : Nevermind etiquette, there are specific rules in place to allow coaches to move out of a contract to another team if it's a step up the ladder. He will be missed, maybe part of the reason the additions throughout the season couldn't acclimate fast enough? Perhaps. Oh well, I never get too mad at seeing a former Boston assistant doing good things elsewhere: Tibbs in CHI, Farrell in TOR, Mills in HOU, Pioli in KC and Dmitroff in ATL. Boston is turning into a coaching factory! Nevermind Crennel, Weis, Mangini and McDaniels...even if they did all fail.
    Posted by ma6dragon9

I agree that it would be have been impossible for the Celtics to retain Thibodeau.  He is doing a great job as a head coach and his leaving couldn't have been  prevented.  He deserved the opportunity to become a head coach.  You make a good point about other former assistants leaving Boston.  They all deserve the opportunity to become head coaches. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

In Response to Re: Biggest move that hurt the C's. : Considering their age.......still one of the Top 5 defenses in the league.
    Posted by terrrapin

Yeah, that was consistently brought up...but it was Thibs intensity that brought out the best in that defense. Something they were sorely missing this year. How many 4th quarter leads did the C's give up while he was in Boston?! I'll bet it wasn't nearly as many as they gave up THIS year.

Sections
Shortcuts