Biggest Problem - Defense!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Re: Biggest Problem - Defense!

Preseason is an indicator of nothing, we haven't fielded our best team for any length of time, everything to this point has been a long tryout for Coach Stevens...

.. don't get me wrong, we'll likely be a 500% team or worse but unless we make a concentrated effort to lose we'll have no shot at a top three pick.  

I wouldn't put it past them to attempt another single season tank, I would if I thought it would guarantee a great pick but we're just as likely to get Rondo back, prove he's healthy and move him for another player or high pick.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

It's bad enough that the Celtics can't score on a regular basis.

But the Celts are giving up way too many points.

They gave up 103 points to the Knicks, 97 points last night, and 97 against Toronto.

On the bright side, the Celts will be in the hunt for Andrew Wiggins.

[/QUOTE]

Not only the defense, but rebounding is awful too....and the offense.  I think this team will be in contention for the number 1 pick....at the very least a top 5 pick.  20-25 wins this year.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

They gave up 103 points to the Knicks, 97 points last night, and 97 against Toronto.

[/QUOTE]

Not only the defense, but rebounding is awful too....and the offense.  I think this team will be in contention for the number 1 pick....at the very least a top 5 pick.  20-25 wins this year.

[/QUOTE]

I know we're not "tanking", but any injured player this year will be given the absolute most time it takes to recover 100% from the injury, so, if Olynyk's plantar fasciatis flares up, he'll be gone for a month or so.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Preseason is an indicator of nothing, we haven't fielded our best team for any length of time, everything to this point has been a long tryout for Coach Stevens...

.. don't get me wrong, we'll likely be a 500% team or worse but unless we make a concentrated effort to lose we'll have no shot at a top three pick.  

I wouldn't put it past them to attempt another single season tank, I would if I thought it would guarantee a great pick but we're just as likely to get Rondo back, prove he's healthy and move him for another player or high pick.

[/QUOTE]

When you're playing 6-9 or 6-8 guys at Center, you know you're not going to win many games.

The Celts will never come close to being a .500 team.

Come on, the team can't score on a regular basis and they can't their opponent from scoring. 

[/QUOTE]

You haven't seen but three preseason games with a new coach and all new players... How would you know.  Favarini didn't play last night, he is a true center and not many teams have true centers anymore.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Of course we aren't "tanking"... we are "stanking" instead.

19 wins tops.

Buckle up, hold your nose... and enjoy.

Better, brighter days are right around the corner.

Pud

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

I wish this team had a biggest problem. Every area is a big problem. We cant score in the halfcourt at all, we cant shoot the ball, we cant defend, we cant rebound. Idk whats left.

Agreed that sully and gwallace have been our 2 best players, mainly becuz they r the only 2 that play both ends.

The blueprint has already began on these cs, pack it in on d and force them into making jumpers. Which we cant do becuz we have no shooters. Rondo and jgreen are going to have a hard time getting into these clogged lanes. We really need to push the tempo on both misses and makes becuz I dont see us scoring many hoops in the halfcourt.

Vitor has to play more, we badly need his size in the paint, cuz we are getting abused with the 6'9 pf/center duos (combos of hump,bbass,sully playing the 4+5 together) I hated when doc use to do that too, play sully and bbass as the 2 bigs.

When your an undersized team who cant make 3 pt shots, thats a bad combo. Ive  been saying that before we even played a game. The bad part is rondo doesnt help in either of those areas either. 

With all that said, let the tank-o-rama begin.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Biggest problem is that Bradley, Lee, and Green think they have it made.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

[QUOTE]

There's a game again tonight, you think the Celts will beat the Knicks tonight?

I don't think so.

[/QUOTE]

Yes

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Come on, the team can't score on a regular basis and they can't their opponent from scoring. "

You say this like it's a bad thing. I'm good with losing and heading to the lottery.

maryngary: 

"Biggest problem is that Bradley, Lee, and Green think they have it made."

This is going to get old pretty quick. Quit lumping these three players today. I watched Bradley play and heard him talk after the win and he is clearly motivated. He has a lot to prove in his career, he most certainly doesn't have it made in the NBA. He's very motivated. 

For Green, your analysis is also off. He is a head case but has always been inconsistent. I don't believe it's a motivation problem, it's something else with him. Like when you are on a bike and you can't find the right gear. I think he struggles to get in gear for whatever reason. I think he could be a number 3 guy on a decent team and a number 4 guy on a great one and a 5 ish on a championship team. 

Lee, well, you may have a point there but I'm not sure he wants to be here, he was excited to play for a contender. I expect him to be traded if we can find anyone to take his unappealing (but not outrageous) contract.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

Agree totaly fierce,

I just reupped my league pass, even tho i know how bad the cs are going to be, I was at the fleet center when we were playing marty conlon and szebo, so  I think I can make it thru  this season. While we are a flawed team we at least have some nice pieces, as mismatched as those pieces are at the moment. 

The cs biggest problems are obvious. No legit rim protector and no 3 pt shooting. Unfortunately for us those are 2 very important areas in todays nba, where u cant hand check and guys are always in the lane and you need 3 pt shooting to help spread the floor so opposing defense's who are all trying to pack the lane  to try to stop penetration are punished with the 3 pt shot. 

There is a reason da has allowed these shortcomings to remain unresolved. TANKORAMA. DA is no dummy. We are a top 3 pick and a big trade away from being back, and both are very doable. We are  gonna be in the bottom 5 this year. We have expiring contracts,trade exceptions, several young talented players and 1st round picks to dangle in trades. We are well set up, we just have to tank this year.  

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Why are yo Debbie Downers ragging on your own team?  They're a work in process. Who cares how many games they win? If Danny can convert Hump, Wallace, Bogans, Bass, Lee etc etc into a starting center or other upgrades that eventually get us what we need that's all that matters. In the meantime, support our guys/coach and look for improvement and reasons for optimism ... Talk about crappy fans!

[/QUOTE]Well said .This team is a work in progress,lets get behind our players,coaches and support the team.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from TPETTEWAY1. Show TPETTEWAY1's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to wozzy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

When you're playing 6-9 or 6-8 guys at Center, you know you're not going to win many games.

The Celts will never come close to being a .500 team.

Come on, the team can't score on a regular basis and they can't their opponent from scoring. 

[/QUOTE]

21. This post has been removed.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

In response to gman101019's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Agree totaly fierce,

I just reupped my league pass, even tho i know how bad the cs are going to be, I was at the fleet center when we were playing marty conlon and szebo, so  I think I can make it thru  this season. While we are a flawed team we at least have some nice pieces, as mismatched as those pieces are at the moment. 

The cs biggest problems are obvious. No legit rim protector and no 3 pt shooting. Unfortunately for us those are 2 very important areas in todays nba, where u cant hand check and guys are always in the lane and you need 3 pt shooting to help spread the floor so opposing defense's who are all trying to pack the lane  to try to stop penetration are punished with the 3 pt shot. 

There is a reason da has allowed these shortcomings to remain unresolved. TANKORAMA. DA is no dummy. We are a top 3 pick and a big trade away from being back, and both are very doable. We are  gonna be in the bottom 5 this year. We have expiring contracts,trade exceptions, several young talented players and 1st round picks to dangle in trades. We are well set up, we just have to tank this year.  

[/QUOTE]

got it right!

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.