Biggest Surpise of Camp So Far?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from DoctorCO. Show DoctorCO's posts

Re: Biggest Surpise of Camp So Far?

Hey TROLL TOMMY RULES IS A TROLL,

The LAL are in the 2nd highest market in the country with a bigger fan base and they own there arena..THE CELTICS and the NBA have a SALARY CAP..this isnt baseball..a team with a low cap CAN WIN...

SO UGH!!!! your TROLL self has been put on notice you laker fan

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I assume by surprise you mean, pleasant surprise.

Sully surprising me a little but not by much.. I always liked the guy and thought he could play like this.  Darko looks ok but not surprising me ..

Even though Green is taking on second unit guys, hes been a pleasant surprise..  First he hasnt done alot for us since he got here.. then coming off heart surgery and out for so long... he'd have to be the guy..

Joseph comes in second.. Cant see any room for him but hes fun to watch play..

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

What about Darko as our biggest surprise?

I am not expecting too much from him.

He looked slow and sluggish last night.

[/QUOTE]

Right but your fear of him murdering you renders you incapable of rational thought on his abilities.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to red2004sox's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Sully, Green and Darko are all pleasant surpises.  Looking forward to the next 8 days and 5 games.

Snake, where in Portland do you live.  I live in Sacramento CA now but graduated from Portland High School and lived in North Deering.

[/QUOTE]

I grew up in Cape Elizabeth and  I live on the West End now...

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to snakeoil123's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Right but your fear of him murdering you renders you incapable of rational thought on his abilities.

[/QUOTE]

Snake, were you impressed with Darko's conditioning?

[/QUOTE]

So after going on and on about how you were afraid Darko was going to kill someone on the court now you want to  try and have a serious basketball conversation about him?  Because, you know, you still have any credibility?

Bizarre.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

So after going on and on about how you were afraid Darko was going to kill someone on the court now you want to  try and have a serious basketball conversation about him?  Because, you know, you still have any credibility?

Bizarre.

[/QUOTE]

You were the one that went on and on about Darko's comments about killing someone on the court. YOU kept bumping this thread.

So, were you impressed with Darko's conditioning?

[/QUOTE]

Well yeah I kept bumping the thread.  It was about you being afraid Darko was going to kill someone on the court.  I found it hilarious.  So I bumped it.  I did so again today.

Like I said you being afraid of Darko killing someone  means that you can't have a credible basketball conversation about him.  

You must know this.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Duke4's comment:
    [QUOTE]

again.....the steal of the draft...?  ....well, some had him going in the top 5.....before the back questions...glad we got him!!!

[/QUOTE]

Not only steal of the draft, maybe rookie of the year too!

[/QUOTE]

def wouldnt go that far..Anthony Davis is a stud, as is Brad Beale. 

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

I think another big surprise might be - who GOES!  We have 16 players on the pre-season roster, plus Bradley and Wilcox, that makes 18.  We can only keep 15.  I think Downs and Kurz will go, but who will be  the other one?

Smith?

Christmas?

Joseph?

Collins?

Kurz?

Downs?

Who are the 3?  I wouldn't be surprised if it was Collins..........he may stick until Wilcox is healthy.  Who knows?  Nice problem to have!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Bizarre.

[/QUOTE]

You were the one that went on and on about Darko's comments about killing someone on the court. YOU kept bumping this thread.

So, were you impressed with Darko's conditioning?

[/QUOTE]

Well yeah I kept bumping the thread.  It was about you being afraid Darko was going to kill someone on the court.  I found it hilarious.  So I bumped it.  I did so again today.

Like I said you being afraid of Darko killing someone  means that you can't have a credible basketball conversation about him.  

You must know this.

[/QUOTE]

The killing comment was Darko's not mine.

He said it twice for emphasis.

Darko, Collins and Sullinger really need to put in some extra cardio if you know what I mean...

[/QUOTE]

Yeah I can't take anything you say seriously because you think Darko might kill people.

Sorry. It isn't personal.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I think another big surprise might be - who GOES!  We have 16 players on the pre-season roster, plus Bradley and Wilcox, that makes 18.  We can only keep 15.  I think Downs and Kurz will go, but who will be  the other one?

Smith?

Christmas?

Joseph?

Collins?

Kurz?

Downs?

Who are the 3?  I wouldn't be surprised if it was Collins..........he may stick until Wilcox is healthy.  Who knows?  Nice problem to have!!

[/QUOTE]

I would bet Christmas is gone.  I really don't see the need for him with all the 2's and 3's in camp.  Although you might be right on Collins.  If they like Melo at all I would think he could be gone.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

You make up any excuse not to answer questions.

[/QUOTE]

Is the fact that you can't be taken seriously an excuse?  I look at it more as a reason.

You say things you don't believe.  I am not going to bother to try and figure out when you want to be taken seriously or not.

As far as I know you're a lunatic that truly believes Darko is going to go on court and kill someone.  Why would I talk basketball with someone like that?

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

how about the biggest surprise is that PP shows up to camp out of shape...again! At his age, he needs to be in better shape, or he is risking injury, again. This teams age is going to be its biggest obstacle, the least PP can do is get into peak condition. The days of using training camp to get into shape went out with the 90's.

For cryin out loud Paul, take a hint from Ray, lose the gut!

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

how about the biggest surprise is that PP shows up to camp out of shape...again! At his age, he needs to be in better shape, or he is risking injury, again. This teams age is going to be its biggest obstacle, the least PP can do is get into peak condition. The days of using training camp to get into shape went out with the 90's.

[/QUOTE]

First I've heard of that - I actually heard he was in better shape than last year.  Just strange!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I go with Jeff Green.

I didn't think he was any good at all.

[/QUOTE]

Appreciated

I feel as if we had some arguments on him in the past, or else you continously brought up his heart condition (100% cleared by Dr.'s) as a reason not to sign him.

My stance was always that he was a below average PF in OKC being forced to play out of position, but as a 70% of the time SF and 30% of the time PF he had incredible upside... 9 million was a bit steep... 2 years at just over the MLE to 'prove himself' was more what I thought made sense... but he is showing in 3 games that he can be everything we wanted and maybe more.

Defense is still a concern.

What we 'wanted' was the Posey player, the guy who keeps Pierce rested, is starter talent off the bench, plays some crunch-time PF, and elite defense on the big superstar SF's of the league.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

[QUOTE]

Excuse, excuse. Very weak response.
    In my opinion, I was quite disappointed with how slow and sluggish Darko looked.

[/QUOTE]

You-"Hi I am Tommy.  I think Darko will kill someone on the court.  Also what did you think of his conditioning?"

Me-"Well Gee Tommy since you think Darko will kill someone I don't think I care to discuss basketball with you because you obviously are unhinged"

You-"Whaaa"

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Me-"El OH El"

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from red2004sox. Show red2004sox's posts

Tommy, is Darko out of shape?  Maybe, but that is what preseason is for.  It tends to get players into playing shape.  If he can't get up and down the court during his 10-15 min a game when the season starts we will discuss it at that point.

But to Snakes point.  With stupid post such as the one Snake refers to and your being a Celtic fan facade, you can't expect anyone to take you serious.  Your kind of the "Crusty the Clown" of the group.  We don't mind having real debate with Laker fans that aren't ashamed to say they are Laker fans.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from rkarp. Show rkarp's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to rkarp's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

First I've heard of that - I actually heard he was in better shape than last year.  Just strange!!

[/QUOTE]

last year he was in horrible shape...this year he is simply oput of shape. Did you see him against the Knicks? He was winded coming out of the locker room! He is making too much money, and is one of the leaders on the team to show up like this. Last years excuse was he didnt think they would be playing the season. Whats this years?  

Sections
Shortcuts