Bill Simmon - Suspended by ESPN

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Bill Simmon - Suspended by ESPN

Fired? For rightly condemning the bottom-feeding antics of First Take? 

Just FYI Bill is one of the most powerful people in all of sports media right now. 

His work on the 30 for 30 documentary series resulted in some of the finest content ESPN has ever produced. I'm sure you're not thoughtful enough to bother watching documentaries though, you are too busy being a nuisance in other teams forums and posing as fans of other teams.

He will never be fired from ESPN and if he was, he'd be quickly snapped up by Fox, NBC etc. 

His audio podcasts have more than a million downloads which is an awesome level of engagement, more people than you will influence in this lifetime or the next. 

Oh, and FYI, he was not suspended by ESPN. He was suspended from Twitter for 3 measly days, and on one of those days he retweeted a link to his site. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Love the BostonSportsGuy... been following his writings since the mid-90's.  Glad to see him doing so well.  Big talent.  Keep up the good work Bill.

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Hey Tommy, didn't you say the Lakers will trounce Atlanta?

How did that prediction work out for ya?

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

LOL

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

In response to TommyRules's comment:

He should be fired, not  suspended,

You should be banned...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to 003323344's comment:

In response to TommyRules's comment:

He should be fired, not  suspended,

You should be banned...

Agree with you about all of the insulting LA fans who post on this site.  Don't understand why many of them are not banned.  Unfortunately, many of them may have been banned and return under a new screenname.  I don't mind fans of other teams posting here but many of the LA fans are here to just insult and don't post anything useful or interesting.  Compare this to the Red Sox site where you have many NY Yankees fans who are enjoyable to converse with and not really insulting.  So different from the LA fans who post here. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

the difference is that Red Sox fans are not in envy of the Yankees and their fans....they have a 100 year old rivalry that is still the best in baseball....Laker fans can't handle the fact that the Celtics have dominated their team over the years...both in the regular season as well as the Finals...they hate that the Celts have a winning percentage of .809 vs the league in the Finals...the Lakers are only one game over .500 in the Finals..take away the five titles won in Minneapolis prior to the shot clock era and the Los Angeles entry is only 11-14 in the Finals....

by the way, for anyone who really loves the NBA and it's history, go out and pick up the New York Times Bestseller "The Book of Basketball: The NBA According to The Sports Guy" by Bill Simmons..it is outstanding reading!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

the difference is that Red Sox fans are not in envy of the Yankees and their fans....they have a 100 year old rivalry that is still the best in baseball....Laker fans can't handle the fact that the Celtics have dominated their team over the years...both in the regular season as well as the Finals...they hate that the Celts have a winning percentage of .809 vs the league in the Finals...the Lakers are only one game over .500 in the Finals..take away the five titles won in Minneapolis prior to the shot clock era and the Los Angeles entry is only 11-14 in the Finals....

by the way, for anyone who really loves the NBA and it's history, go out and pick up the New York Times Bestseller "The Book of Basketball: The NBA According to The Sports Guy" by Bill Simmons..it is outstanding reading!

Duke

Sox fans don't envy the Yankee fans?  Heck Duke, as a yankee fan for 65 years, living just 30 miles from Fenway park I get to see it from the other side. Every summer its constant harassment. And thats just my friends,relatives and family that I'm refering to. Fortunately we won a couple series over the years so I'm able to put up a weak defense. It ain't easy being a winner. Somebody is always out to get you.

Seems

PS

Just kidding about the family. Its all good natured banter (I think).   

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Agree with you about all of the insulting LA fans who post on this site.  Don't understand why many of them are not banned.  Unfortunately, many of them may have been banned and return under a new screenname.  I don't mind fans of other teams posting here but many of the LA fans are here to just insult and don't post anything useful or interesting.  Compare this to the Red Sox site where you have many NY Yankees fans who are enjoyable to converse with and not really insulting.  So different from the LA fans who post here. 

the petulant LA fan of today is a bigger biotch than the PISSTUN fan of the late 1980s.  i had many an encounter with them when i was in the mid west and they "wanted to fight" over the celtics in the "quick, someone hold me back" type of manner of NOT wanting to fight.  pathetic. 

these LAL bozo lilliputians fro the present day with angry keyboards are no different

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Seems, It's interesting to me that on the occasions that I've seen these teams play each other (both at Fenway and at the Stadium)  I was amazed how well fans of each team (all decked out in their team gear) got along in the stands...it was refreshing...of course you will always find some drunken loudmouths at the games...but, all in all, there was actually some comraderie shown...imagine that..!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from soups. Show soups's posts

They're both idiots.  The best part of that video was watching Stephen Smith....the third idiot.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to soups' comment:

They're both idiots.  The best part of that video was watching Stephen Smith....the third idiot.

Talk about someone that should have been fired. (Smith) His little racist remark he said to Skip not long ago didn't even get a slap on the wrist.  If a white guy had said what Smith said I guarantee he would have been suspended or fired.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from LloydDobler. Show LloydDobler's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

In response to soups' comment:

Talk about someone that should have been fired. (Smith) His little racist remark he said to Skip not long ago didn't even get a slap on the wrist.  If a white guy had said what Smith said I guarantee he would have been suspended or fired.

What did Screamin' A say this time?  I missed it.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

In response to TommyRules' comment:

It's too bad Bill Simmons suspension lasted through the Celtics/Heat game. 

Hopefully he learned his lesson. 

He wasn't suspended on air.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

NM

21. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts