Bill Simmons on D-Wade Thug

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

Bill Simmons on D-Wade Thug

Quoting Bill Simmons:

"Wade's up to about 6 dirty plays this series highlighted by Rondo's injury. If the Celtics don't knock him down soon, they deserve to lose."

Great comment from Bill.

Who among the current Cs should heed the call? Davis, West, Green, JON, Shaq? who's your bet?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Re: Bill Simmons on D-Wade Thug

In Response to Bill Simmons on D-Wade Thug:
    [QUOTE]Quoting Bill Simmons: "Wade's up to about 6 dirty plays this series highlighted by Rondo's injury. If the Celtics don't knock him down soon, they deserve to lose." Great comment from Bill. Who among the current Cs should heed the call? Davis, West, Green, JON, Shaq? who's your bet?
    Posted by great-1957[/QUOTE]

Great comments by Simmons.  The Celtics definitely need to do something to stop Wade from injuring another Celtics player.  Very surprising to see all of these dirty plays in the playoffs this year.  

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

NBA gives Wade a pass and no comment about the Rondo take down.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

D-Wade is getting the calls (non-calls) under the cloak of his superstar status.

If the referees are going to treat him that way, it's upon our players to create the balance and let the officials see how ugly a game of cheap shots can be.

But still, I'm very disappointed of D-Wade's style of thug play in this series. He doesn't need to. His game is very respectable already (so i thought). 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Dont know if anyone is gonna retaliate.... maybe when one of the teams has the series locked up... ala Bynum yesterday..

But while the series is up for grabs, the very least we should get is Doc making a big issue out of Wade and his play. Instead, DOc is quoted saying he didnt think Wade was trying to hurt anyone... THnaks Doc, nothing like taking the heat off the guy.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Shtarka. Show Shtarka's posts

Near the end of the first half of game 3, Wade was legitimately fouled by Pierce on a drive to the hoop. Wade tried to pull down Pierce in the same manner as his takedown of Rondo. There  is a pattern here.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tabuckiss. Show Tabuckiss's posts

I love my Celts but when I was watching this incident live and even when I played it back via DVR in slow mo, I believe Rondo caused his own demise in a way...he's pulling on Wade's waist and causes the imbalance...they both were tangling and pulling...just a freakish thing...but I wouldn't mind seeing Wade get a thump or two.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Great1957,
    Do you have a link to BS comment?

Tabuckiss,
    You're right - the RR's elbow is a freakish accident. But, as I mentioned in other threads, the trend that DWade established in this series makes accidental nature of this incedent highly unlikely. Also, if such a player as RA get mad as hell and tries to get into DWade's face, it's a very strong evidence of his dirty play.
    I hope that the league and/or refs will rule him in. Otherwise, if he continues his punk behavior, it may take a very ugly turn when players take the matter in their own hands.

AK

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I would have whoever Wade was guarding run the court like Ray and set multiple screens for him. Let him try to run around Garnett, Baby or Shaq and maybe he won't have enough energy or desire to play dirty. Even if they get an offensive foul they can deliver a good pick and knock him down legally.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from dbrown4. Show dbrown4's posts

The best retaliation you can give Wade and MIA is winning 3 of the next 4 games.  That will be infinitely more torturous to Wade and LeBron than some stupid get even tactic that will result in one or more of our guys being tossed for a game or two and more than likely none for them. 

While Bill Simmons appears to be wearing his heart on his sleeve and trying to sell advertising, we've gone all season without letting our emotions get the best of us and when we did in this series with PP, it was early on with no real damage done. 

Act II of the Changing of the NBA Guard may happen in Boston tonight.  We lose and it's more than likely (99%) over for us.  We will have a say in that and can control it.

MIA has to understand, they have to beat us tonight.  They are the desparate ones.  They know if it goes back to MIA 2-2, we're going to take them out and the wheels start to come off their wagon.  Then next season and the seasons after that all they have to look forward to at best is an ever improving CHI team in the East that is going to be their nemesis for years to come.     

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Good, rational, level headed post, dbrown4.  All of your points are excellent, especially the one about "changing of the guard Act II" if the C's are not careful tonight.

But, with all that said, I do think the C's can play more physical with Wade and the refs are letting him get away with some flagrant fouls (the shoulder into Pierce was the worse and pulling Ray down was also egregious).  So, running him off lots of picks and an occasional flop when he runs into a pick to draw a foul call is going to cause him to rethink his strategy.  Involve him in an altercation and the refs will start watching him a LOT more carefully and will cause him to back off.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from hardright. Show hardright's posts

I don't know if the Wade play was dirty or not, but it's clear that Wade has always been an officials' favorite. Go back to the 2006 Finals, when the officials essentially decided that Miami, not Dallas, was going to win that championship after Game 2. Wade pretty much lived at the FT line over those last 4 games. I didn't have a "horse" in that race, but by the end of Game 5 I was so utterly disgusted by the one-sided nature of the officiating I didn't even bother to watch Game 6.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

hardright, my feelings exactly on the first championship for dwade.  That series was an absolute gift.  Game 3 is my pick for blatant gifting from officials...worse than the infamous lakers vs sacramento game.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

We need to make hard, fouls and set hard screens. We can't play dirty though. We don't want any of our guys thrown out. The way to cause Wade the most pain, is to send him on vacation for the year.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

This is how the NBA creates Championships; they allow one team to hammer the other with no calls from the refs, until the end of the game where they give the losing team some make up calls so the disparity between free throws isn't so glaring.  

Miami is the NBA's new East coast rep for the market share championship... it's more translucent than pro wrestling.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from markes8336. Show markes8336's posts

I think the whole Miami 'thug' issue lies in the lack of a coach strong enough to control his team. Spoelstra no more runs that team than I do. LeBron and DWade have taken the team's forte back to the street and the coach is powerless to stop them.
    If this Heat team ultimately falls on its face, who do you think will get castrated - LeBron? DWade? No, it will be the coach, who will also get fired. There are few coaches who can handle a set of stars like those on the Heat. Of those who could, who would want the burden of putting up with these prima donnas? Maybe 'Philosopher Phil' will come to the rescue...lol?

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from seventeenth. Show seventeenth's posts

I think it was a freak accident and the best way to get back at Wade and the Heat is to beat them in game 4.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Bill Simmons on D-Wade Thug:
    [QUOTE]Quoting Bill Simmons: "Wade's up to about 6 dirty plays this series highlighted by Rondo's injury. If the Celtics don't knock him down soon, they deserve to lose." Great comment from Bill. Who among the current Cs should heed the call? Davis, West, Green, JON, Shaq? who's your bet?
    Posted by great-1957[/QUOTE]

The Murph!!! We can afford to lose him for a game and he is able to get his Irish up!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from greenkillme. Show greenkillme's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Simmons on D-Wade Thug:
    [QUOTE]Dont know if anyone is gonna retaliate.... maybe when one of the teams has the series locked up... ala Bynum yesterday.. But while the series is up for grabs, the very least we should get is Doc making a big issue out of Wade and his play. Instead, DOc is quoted saying he didnt think Wade was trying to hurt anyone... THnaks Doc, nothing like taking the heat off the guy.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

The injury was a fluke. The intentionally thuggery that caused it was not. Wade should sit for a game because of that one. He was out of control.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from great-1957. Show great-1957's posts

In Response to Re: Bill Simmons on D-Wade Thug:
    [QUOTE]Great1957, Do you have a link to BS comment? Tabuckiss, You're right - the RR's elbow is a freakish accident. But, as I mentioned in other threads, the trend that DWade established in this series makes accidental nature of this incedent highly unlikely. Also, if such a player as RA get mad as hell and tries to get into DWade's face, it's a very strong evidence of his dirty play. I hope that the league and/or refs will rule him in. Otherwise, if he continues his punk behavior, it may take a very ugly turn when players take the matter in their own hands. AK
    Posted by sinus007[/QUOTE]

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/page2/simmons/index

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

Wade oughtta be in f8ckin jail, dude, seriously, seriously, seriously !!!!

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from DeweyCBoston. Show DeweyCBoston's posts

make damn sure our fouls hurt tonite but no techs please,

Sections
Shortcuts