Bill Simmons trade proposal...

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Bill Simmons trade proposal...

Bill on SVP & Rusillo radio show today, filling in for Van Pelt proposed...

Rhondo to Sac/Seattle for Demarcus Cousins and (to make $$ work) Jimmer Fredette. 

His reasoning was,  when the Kings move to Seattle they will need a name player to draw fans, and... in a subliminal way they could tank their season knowing Rondo will not be playing this season and dump their best player giving them a better pick in June's draft lottery. 

What say you fans?  Team seems to play more cohesively sans Rondo, and we get that big man inside to rebound and a poor man's version of JJ Reddick in the Jimmer.  Gives us a shot at 2013 without showing KG & PP the door.

P.S.  Not a Rondo-hater.  Luv the guy, but... they do play better as a unit without him.

Thinking outside the box... liked his idea.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Bill Simmons trade proposal...

In response to MustangBri's comment:

Rhondo to Sac/Seattle for Demarcus Cousins and (to make $$ work) Jimmer Fredette. 

His reasoning was,  when the Kings move to Seattle they will need a name player to draw fans, and... in a subliminal way they could tank their season knowing Rondo will not be playing this season and dump their best player giving them a better pick in June's draft lottery. 

What say you fans?  Team seems to play more cohesively sans Rondo, and we get that big man inside to rebound and a poor man's version of JJ Reddick in the Jimmer.  Gives us a shot at 2013 without showing KG & PP the door.

P.S.  Not a Rondo-hater.  Luv the guy, but... they do play better as a unit without him.

I like it to.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from joel49. Show joel49's posts

I'm afraid Cousins would be a malcontent.  I have to say, though, that I was impressed with Jimmer's passing last time he played us. 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Cousins does need to "grow up", but what better city and team could that be possible in than as a Celtic with KG and Co.?  Gives us a shot in 2013 and keeps the core of the existing team together.  The Jimmer could be that shooter off the bench guy similar to Eddie House and Cousins is that alley-oop slam dunk guy that electrifies the crowd and his teammates.  

I like it.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

honestly cousins is likely less of a headcase than howard. In a fantasy howard trade we would need to send out more players to match salary, with this trade we can fill out the roster. i dont see how this wouldnt benefit us for a chance at a title this year. i think this kind of trade could really inspire cousins to reach that next level.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Russell1. Show Russell1's posts

Cousins does need to "grow up", but what better city and team could that be possible in than as a Celtic with KG and Co.?  Gives us a shot in 2013 and keeps the core of the existing team together.  The Jimmer could be that shooter off the bench guy similar to Eddie House and Cousins is that alley-oop slam dunk guy that electrifies the crowd and his teammates.  

I like it.

Cant see la doing this but yes I would.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

why would he be malcontent? he would join a contender, could prove himself a superstar, win a championship, play out his contract and then go get a max somewhere else. also sac could afford to sign smoove and that could make rondo happy.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

of course will never happen

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from vertmont. Show vertmont's posts

The best trade idea is NONE for this season. Everyone that is playing now are all playing together. Celtic pride is nothing you can get in a trade.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to vertmont's comment:

The best trade idea is NONE for this season. Everyone that is playing now are all playing together. Celtic pride is nothing you can get in a trade.

But if KG stays Celtics pride could be learned by a guy like Cousins.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Rondo is not playing anymore in 2013, so you answered your own statement.  Get two warm bodies that can help now and go for it.  Anything is possible!!!!!!!!!!!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

It is a no brainer move for us... Sac would want to pair Rondo with his Kentucky buddy Cousins though, not trade them for each other

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

why would he be malcontent? he would join a contender, could prove himself a superstar, win a championship, play out his contract and then go get a max somewhere else. also sac could afford to sign smoove and that could make rondo happy.

I like the idea of the Celtics signing Cousins.  I believe that he would be a good addition to the Celtics team for next season.  I still don't think he will be traded until they move to Seattle. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

DA said as of yesterday that they're not gonna move Rondo at a discount.  I am assuming he meant that due to his serious injury his trade value is diminished for the time being.  But hey, if they think they can compete this year then they'd have to think long and hard if that deal was on the table.  But based on DA's comments,  I am not so sure they could get Cousins for Rondo. 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

I doubt that deal can be done, too. It would likely make the Cs contenders this year. More likely (ie, to find a willing trading partner) is Rondo for BigAl or Milsap. For BigAl yes, for Milsap, no.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from davidap. Show davidap's posts

I don't see why Sacramento would trade someone who might soon be the best center in the league for an injured point guard. A young lottery team looks for cornerstones like Cousins, doesn't trade them away. Also, teams with an impending sale rarely make big moves. This gets further complicated in the case of the Kings because it's not even clear where they'll end up next year or who will own them. (Sacramento isn't enirely out of the picture yet either, as a competing offer that includes an arena deal the league already approved last year will be presented to the NBA Board of Governors by March 1st).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

Rondo is an established NBA All Star. Below are shirt sales by player for 2012. He's number six on a pretty select list. His name and his game has cache; cha ching, that's money for a new owner. The risk for Sacramento/Seatlle is his recovery from the ACL surgery. Cousins is a non all star, with negative marketing association due to bad behavior.

1. LeBron James, Miami Heat
    2. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
    3. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
    4. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
    5. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
    6. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
    7. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
    8. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
    9. Dwight Howard, Los Angeles Lakers
    10. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Not likely to happen but I would love it and it keeps KG & PP with us so they can retire in Boston and maybe make 1/2 the fans happy !!!

Rondo is no Paul/Irving both of whose outstanding play in the Allstar game was cited in a separate article. With Rondo last night vs Denver, we still wouldn't have won. We got outrebounded, a frequent happening on this team w/o a pure rebounder like Faried who put in a number of Off Reb layups surrounded by 2-3 Celtics. RR  would excel with a team with Big Guys in the Post to whom to pass and/or drive to the basket. 

Also, Only way I would keep KG & PP in Boston for 1-2 more years is if we traded Rondo for Howard or Cousins.

I don't understand all the posts KG bleeds green but NBA is a business and we need think about some youth for the future if we don't feel we can win this year so we selfishly trade him. He needs to waive his no trade agreement so if he does end up with the Clippers, it means he wanted to retire in his home location and try to get another ring. I would love a Jordan and Bledsoe straight up.

The problem is PP and it would be nice for him to to end up in LA home town, retire with KG and get another ring. I'm sure, too, they'd love some thrashing of the Lakers too in remaining games. But with PP to the Clippers, I don't think they have enough other players to fully compensate us. If the NBA is truly a business with no heart, the best trade staight up for us is PP for Josh Smith but sending him there would be like Siberia and would have the rage of Celtic fans. But last night vs. Denver, it was our youth, Green & Bradley, who really kept us in that game. Yup, I know the altitude was a factor but  PP committed a couple of costly turnovers & tossed up bricks & looked slow but DA continued to play him. Whether PP admits it or not, he'd be an effective bench player for a competitor these days.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to futbal's comment:

Rondo is an established NBA All Star. Below are shirt sales by player for 2012. He's number six on a pretty select list. His name and his game has cache; cha ching, that's money for a new owner. The risk for Sacramento/Seatlle is his recovery from the ACL surgery. Cousins is a non all star, with negative marketing association due to bad behavior.

1. LeBron James, Miami Heat
    2. Kevin Durant, Oklahoma City Thunder
    3. Kobe Bryant, Los Angeles Lakers
    4. Carmelo Anthony, New York Knicks
    5. Derrick Rose, Chicago Bulls
    6. Rajon Rondo, Boston Celtics
    7. Dwyane Wade, Miami Heat
    8. Blake Griffin, Los Angeles Clippers
    9. Dwight Howard, Los Angeles Lakers
    10. Chris Paul, Los Angeles Clippers

Bingo!!!   Thank you.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from passfirst. Show passfirst's posts

+1

Sections
Shortcuts