Bird dumps Plumlee in favor of Scola

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Re: Bird dumps Plumlee in favor of Scola

If Sloan can handle the point or they trade for a good point guard, i would not be surprised if they were to win it all next year.  I think the Pacers will be my second favorite team next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Yeah, they just got tougher....indeed..

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

great move by phoenix.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

As I recall, Scola was on the scrap heap, basically waived by Houston. he's made a nice recovery.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

If Sloan can handle the point or they trade for a good point guard, i would not be surprised if they were to win it all next year.  I think the Pacers will be my second favorite team next year.

You don't like George Hill?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

In response to kyceltic's comment:

You don't like George Hill?

I don't like him as a starter, he is to inconsistent.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

http://www.nba.com/pacers/news/luis-scola-acquired

Pacers announced Saturday they have acquired veteran forward/center Luis Scola from the Phoenix Suns in exchange for forward Gerald Green, center Miles Plumlee and a future No. 1 draft pick. (Per Wojnaroski it's a protected 2014 1st round pick)

"Luis will be a very important asset to our team and to our bench,” said Pacers President of Basketball Operations Larry Bird. “He has NBA experience, international experience and is the type of player that will fit in nicely on our roster. I want to thank Gerald and Miles for their contributions. They had tough years last season, but worked hard, never complained and contributed to the great chemistry our team had. I think Gerald and Miles will be solid additions in Phoenix and we wish them well."

Danny should follow Bird's lead and cut his losses (Melo) asap ....

I wouldn't let the actions of others dictate my own. Hopefully, Danny boy wouldn't either. Give him (Melo) a little more time.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Bird's going  for it this year.  Don't know if he'll get it.

The East is stacked this year.  Miami, Brooklyn, Indy, Chicago, maybe the Knicks (with Artest and JR Smith on the same team, I'm not ruling out some sort of disaster in NY next season).  What are the odds of them hiring Laimbeer as an asst coach?

DA's finally gutting the 3,4,5 year experiment looking better as far as the timing.  Hope it pans out.

Now if only BDC could scrap that picture of KG, PP, and JT in grey suits at the Brooklyn press conference.  Seeing it everytime I load up the webpage is making me naseous.  Not mad at the players, will  always think of KG and PP as Celts, but c'mon BDC, enough is enough.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Great move by the Pacers.  Too bad Bird drafted Hansborough instead of Jrue Holliday or Ty Lawson.  If that team had a top notch point guard, then they would be an elite team.  Getting Scola was a good move, though.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Plumlee wasn't expected to be a first rounf pick a couple years ago and it was a surprise when the Pacers picked him.

he played like what he is  and second round end of bencher.

I know a lot of people don't like to hear that (especially if a guy puts on their favorite teams Jersey), but the majority of guys un drafted or drafted in the second round are nothing more than  end of bench NBA fodder.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from johconn. Show johconn's posts

Pacers are making the right moves. Scola fits their culture. Nice low-post...plus putting him & Hibbert on the floor on the floor at the same time for some periods will open up the playbook. Respect. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Type of move that C's shoulda made over the years with guys like Semih, Bill Walker and a pick to put us over the top. Instead of full-MLE's on Sheed and JON.

Nicely done Larry