Bird Praises Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Bird Praises Rondo

Yeah, I appreciate the hell out of him,” Bird said. “I don’t know him at all, but in the playoffs he’s showed that he’s one of the better players in our league. It’s unfortunate he got hurt (Rondo returned in January from a torn ACL), but he’s amazing to watch.

“To be able to defend and make plays for other guys, that’s big. He makes a lot of players that are not really good look pretty damn good. And that’s a key.

“If you can make people around you better, it makes you one of the top players in our league.”

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rich1273. Show Rich1273's posts

Re: Bird Praises Rondo

Makes sense. Bird is one of the best examples of players who made the players around them better. It's funny he says that in the playoffs he's shown he's one of the better players in the league. One of the criticisms of Rondo is that he only shows up in nationally televised games.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Larry just slinging the bee sss

Just ask yourself a question ...what players has ROndo made better on this years team???

In fact, the teams worse since his return..

Some people just can think for themselves... they need to hear a former player or commentator tell them what to think

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

Hey look! Karl is mad about Rondo!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

BBBut... Rondo is the 40th best point guard in the league!!!! The Celtics had a better record the 10 games after he went down than the 10 games before!!!! We would be lucky to get Raymond Felton for him!!! All players hate playing with Rondo!!! 

I'm assuming your post was meant to show that since people with real basketball knowledge (like the Legend) appreciate Rondo, then maybe some on this board might have a better appreciation for him. Nice thought, but it doesn't matter that people like Daryl Morey, Larry Bird, or Kobe Bryant want Rondo on their team. Wouldn't even matter if Red made an appearnce from the other side to give Rondo his stamp of approval, most of the Rondo haters here (not all...) have developed an irrational, entirely subjective hatred of our point guard.  These folks have dug their heels in and they ain't gonna budge. Let's just thank god the only deals they will ever make will be on the ESPN trade machine.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to shamrock1000's comment:

BBBut... Rondo is the 40th best point guard in the league!!!! The Celtics had a better record the 10 games after he went down than the 10 games before!!!! We would be lucky to get Raymond Felton for him!!! All players hate playing with Rondo!!! 

I'm assuming your post was meant to show that since people with real basketball knowledge (like the Legend) appreciate Rondo, then maybe some on this board might have a better appreciation for him. Nice thought, but it doesn't matter that people like Daryl Morey, Larry Bird, or Kobe Bryant want Rondo on their team. Wouldn't even matter if Red made an appearnce from the other side to give Rondo his stamp of approval, most of the Rondo haters here (not all...) have developed an irrational, entirely subjective hatred of our point guard.  These folks have dug their heels in and they ain't gonna budge. Let's just thank god the only deals they will ever make will be on the ESPN trade machine.

Rondo is a very good player...but not on this club...he needs to go to a team with other leaders he'll respect...he's not a real leader...he's too self absorbed and hot headed...he'll never change his personality...some team could really use him...he'll play out his contract and leave...we'll get nothing for him because no one really wants him because of his attitude....he needs to go somewhere where their are role models and "peers" he can respect so he won't run wild.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Some people just can think for themselves... they need to hear a former player or commentator tell them what to think

you're starting to flail, karl. it's nice you're an independent thinker, but your rigid narrow mindedness has run you off the tracks. 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

+1000

Thank you.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from shamrock1000. Show shamrock1000's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

Rondo is a very good player...but not on this club...he needs to go to a team with other leaders he'll respect...he's not a real leader...he's too self absorbed and hot headed...he'll never change his personality...some team could really use him...he'll play out his contract and leave...we'll get nothing for him because no one really wants him because of his attitude....he needs to go somewhere where their are role models and "peers" he can respect so he won't run wild.

That is what I would call a rational criticism of Rondo. Don't agree with all of it, but  I can at least see where you are coming from. My comment was directed toward the hysterical "Rondo couldn't start on my son's JV squad!!" crowd. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ktronic. Show ktronic's posts

drink some bleach

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

That is what I would call a rational criticism of Rondo. Don't agree with all of it, but  I can at least see where you are coming from. My comment was directed toward the hysterical "Rondo couldn't start on my son's JV squad!!" crowd. 

There is no such hysterical crowd who sez this. Great strawman argument though.

There are those who feel that he could start on the JV or any other squad... but he simply cannot finish.

And that's Rondo in a nutshell.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wozzy. Show wozzy's posts

Because if Larry has proven anything in Indiana it's that he can't spot talent or put a good team together... the negative Nancy posters here are far more knowledgable.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

My comment was directed toward the hysterical "Rondo couldn't start on my son's JV squad!!" crowd.

"There is no such hysterical crowd who sez this. Great strawman argument though.

There are those who feel that he could start on the JV or any other squad... but he simply cannot finish.

Pud"

So Rondo couldn't finish on my son's JV squad and Doc was a fool to play him in crunch time.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to paulliu's comment:

My comment was directed toward the hysterical "Rondo couldn't start on my son's JV squad!!" crowd.

"There is no such hysterical crowd who sez this. Great strawman argument though.

Pud"

So Rondo couldn't finish on my son's JV squad and Doc was a fool to play him in crunch time.

I couldn't have said it better!

8May 2012 Atlanta-Boston Game 5, Celtics trying to finish out the series, 10 seconds left,  Rondo steals the inbound pass and has the ball, no timeouts, Hawks up by one... game on the line....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N0GEjLhtRVQ

This sez it all.....

Pud

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from paulliu. Show paulliu's posts

[/QUOTE]

"I couldn't have said it better!"

DA should hire you as the coach.  With you at the helm, Rondo's riding the pines and #18 is right around the corner.

One bad play sez it all.

Game six clincher for #17, stepping up with  KG injured and averaging a triple double against Chicago the following year, the surreal triple double playoff games, etc, etc don't count for a pee hole in the snow.

If you really mean that a person could reasonably conclude that you're in that hysterical Rondo couldn't start--uh, I mean finish-- on my son's JV team crowd.

I agree with Bird that "in the playoffs he's showed (sic) he's one of the better players in our league."

Bird is no grammarian but he sure knows basketball and he sure knows when a player makes his teammates better.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

Yeah, I appreciate the hell out of him,” Bird said. “I don’t know him at all, but in the playoffs he’s showed that he’s one of the better players in our league. It’s unfortunate he got hurt (Rondo returned in January from a torn ACL), but he’s amazing to watch.

“To be able to defend and make plays for other guys, that’s big. He makes a lot of players that are not really good look pretty damn good. And that’s a key.

“If you can make people around you better, it makes you one of the top players in our league.”

Larry Bird isn't wrong about much when it comes to NBA basketball.........Unless Rondo doesn't want to be here, it better be an incredible offer for them to trade him. But it all depends on if he still wants to be a Celtic. No one posting here on this board knows what is really going on. It's Rondo's call, if he wants to be here then great, if he wants to leave, then they have to get the best deal possible.

The Sacramento deal was the best one I heard of, even with only one #1 pick coming back to Boston , but I guess Rondo wouldn't commit to Sacramento.

It would be best if Rondo stayed and made Celtic history.............we'll know what the story is on Draft Night 2014

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"Larry just slinging the bee sss"

Yeah you know more about basketball than Larry Bird, hall of fame player, great coach, and now brilliant GM - who doesn't go out of his way to praise Boston either.

Keep telling yourself that. Or, have a look outside.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to paulliu's comment:

"I couldn't have said it better!"

DA should hire you as the coach.  With you at the helm, Rondo's riding the pines and #18 is right around the corner.

One bad play sez it all.

Game six clincher for #17, stepping up with  KG injured and averaging a triple double against Chicago the following year, the surreal triple double playoff games, etc, etc don't count for a pee hole in the snow.

If you really mean that a person could reasonably conclude that you're in that hysterical Rondo couldn't start--uh, I mean finish-- on my son's JV team crowd.

I agree with Bird that "in the playoffs he's showed (sic) he's one of the better players in our league."

Bird is no grammarian but he sure knows basketball and he sure knows when a player makes his teammates better.

This one bad play among many speaks... screams... shrieks  volumes about a player who wilts under pressure.

Its a situation that every PG dreams about and prepares for a 1000 times in practice.

If only doc had a time out so that he could have gotten the ball out of Rondo's hands.

The smartest player on the court lacked the BBIQ to take the ball right down Peachtree to the rim with time expiring to give his team a chance.

Rondo is not a finisher.

Pud

• You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Great post Pud and the video clip couldnt define Rondo any better... hot dog that always cracks under the bright lights of crunch time.

In response to BostonTrollSpanker's comment:

"Larry just slinging the bee sss"

Yeah you know more about basketball than Larry Bird, hall of fame player, great coach, and now brilliant GM - who doesn't go out of his way to praise Boston either.

Keep telling yourself that. Or, have a look outside.

Yea, the great coach and brilliant GM has brought Indiana how many championships???

I also appreciate your complimenting me about knowing more about basketball than Bird... My prowess on this forum must truly impress you.. Im flattered.

• This post has been removed.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BrokenGnome. Show BrokenGnome's posts

In response to Karllost's comment:

Larry just slinging the bee sss

Just ask yourself a question ...what players has ROndo made better on this years team???

In fact, the teams worse since his return..

Are you saying Bird can't think for himself, or that he has a reputation for false compliments, or that he doesn't know what he's talking about?  Because that's what it sounds like you're saying. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Great post Pud and the video clip couldnt define Rondo any better... hot dog that always cracks under the bright lights of crunch time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndyfsS0bFK8 You mean like in this game? D on Bron, free throws, 3's, dimes...... all in crunch-time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xp1TmGBg8k Or in this game perhaps? The maestro ices game 7 in crunch-time with PP on the bench.

Do you even watch the Boston Celtics?

"defines Rondo"..... what a joke. Funny how when I listen to experts/legends/coaches around the league (Bird, Cousy, Heinsohn, Magic, Cowens.... the list goes on and on), and look at the legacy he's building in everyones eyes. NOONE (of any relevance) thinks that defines him. NOONE! In fact, it's quite the contrary. But your disdain is comical though. Keep it up. Now let's hear more nit-picking, (un)witty sarcasm, exagerations, and "yeah, but" comments. It's become what "defines" you.

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ndyfsS0bFK8 You mean like in this game? D on Bron, free throws, 3's, dimes...... all in crunch-time

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5xp1TmGBg8k Or in this game perhaps? The maestro ices game 7 in crunch-time with PP on the bench.

"defines Rondo"..... what a joke. Funny how when I listen to experts/legends/coaches around the league (Bird, Cousy, Heinsohn, Magic, Cowens.... the list goes on and on), and look at the legacy he's building in everyones eyes. NOONE (of any relevance) thinks that defines him. NOONE! In fact, it's quite the contrary. But your disdain is comical though. Keep it up. Now let's hear more nit-picking, (un)witty sarcasm, exagerations, and "yeah, but" comments. It's become what "defines" you.

Whats funny is you need the comments of former players and broadcasters to tell you what you can see with your own two eyes.. Thats whats really pathetic..

Now Rondo has been a Celtic for what, 7-8 years??? Give me a list of 7 games (one per year) where Rondo scored the game winning or tying basket.... Ill wait

• You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:

Whats funny is you need the comments of former players and broadcasters to tell you what you can see with your own two eyes.. Thats whats really pathetic..

Now Rondo has been a Celtic for what, 7-8 years??? Give me a list of 7 games (one per year) where Rondo scored the game winning or tying basket.... Ill wait

Last game winning shots for Rondo: 2005-6..... against Central Florida.... and South Carolina.

Maybe one layin on an out of bounds pass from CPP to take a game into overtime.

Otherwise, just like Rondo, I'm drawing nothing but iron.

Pud

• Sections
    Shortcuts