Bird talking trade

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticFanLA. Show CelticFanLA's posts

Re: Bird talking trade

Rudy F. would be the ideal signing and would complete the roster for the year. Lets hope Danny is planning something because we need a back up for Pierce.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In Response to Re: Bird talking trade:
    [QUOTE]Rudy F. would be the ideal signing and would complete the roster for the year. Lets hope Danny is planning something because we need a back up for Pierce.
    Posted by CelticFanLA[/QUOTE]

He would be our 4th shooting guard when we have only one SF, i don't see how Rudywould complete our roster for the entire year, we WILL NOT get past the East finals with Quis as our bu SF

I'd rather have him than Quis or Wafer, but with both of them already on board, a SF is more of a priority

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

As a few others posted, Fernandez has the body size of a 2 guard. Since when is he known for his defense?  It would be ideal if the C's had a tall, good defending small forward. Gaffney may fit the bill. We'll see come this October. Daniels and Wafer could do the job vs. smaller 3's. However the bigger 3's such as Deng and James are an issue right now. Pierce will get most of the duty of course.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from RondoIsHustle. Show RondoIsHustle's posts

Let´s go with Gaffney,because in the playoffs Pierce will play 32-35 minutes
    and James will play 35 - 42 minutes,so we need a guy for these 7-8 minutes.

And I think Gaffney has some potencial.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Fierce,
    What does that mean that he was waived?  I thought the whole idea was to take Sheed's money for cap space with another team.  Why didn't we use it more to our benefit I thought Sheed was amenable to helping the Celtics?

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

What if the Pacers ended up ditching Posey?  I know he can't quite guard Kobe the way he used to becuase his quicks have declined, but he has the size to body up on LeBron and give Pierce a reprieve for 5-10 minutes a game.

Methinks he's only avoiding a buyout because he knows he can't do any better elsewhere.  Therefore, the team would have to approach him if they want to get rid of him and he'd have leverage in the negotiations.

I also think he'll end up in whatever Bird's next move is.  I bet everything in Cleveland is for sale, including all 900 of their wing players.

Posey won't seek a buyout

1:10PM ET
    James Posey | Pacers

James Posey and Darren Collison were traded to the Indiana Pacers earlier this week as part of a four-team deal. According to Chris Mannix of SI.com, Posey's agent, Mark Bartelstein, said his client will not seek a buyout from the Pacers.

The Pacers have six players, including Posey, who can play the shooting guard and small forward positions. The team is thin at power forward and will probably try to swing another deal. In smaller lineups, however, Posey may be asked to play the 4, Mannix adds. Posey would be a defensive liability at that spot against certain opposing power forwards, but he would stretch the floor at the position better than Tyler Hansbrough and Josh McRoberts. This would create more room for Collison and the team's perimeter players to penetrate into the lane.

Posey has two years and $14.7 million remaining on his contract.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from NYCelt. Show NYCelt's posts

Quis and Wafer may both have serious downside potential but there's no reason to go down the Posey road again since he appears to be diminished and expensive.

I could see Fernandez coming in if there was a way to work a deal that would remove Daniels or Wafer but I'm not sure the money works and no teams other than the Celts and Cavs were interested in Wafer to begin with. Fernandez wouldn't do much to help the second unit defense either.

Those proposing giving Gaffney a shot have a creative idea in that he might actually be a player with a bit more size and looks like he might provide some defense and a few minutes of rest for Pierce.  I like the thought but it doesn't look like that's going to be the direction we're going.

Regards

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Thanks for the explanation  Fierce. We need a SF very badly.  Pierce gets injured we would not be able to withstand even a few games without him.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jm02130. Show jm02130's posts

Well I'm sure Dunleavy is available, they've been shopping him for at least a year.  Unfortunately for the Pacers, he absolutely stinks, especially considering what he is being paid.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from stillallbost08. Show stillallbost08's posts

In Response to Re: Bird talking trade:
    [QUOTE]Well I'm sure Dunleavy is available, they've been shopping him for at least a year.  Unfortunately for the Pacers, he absolutely stinks, especially considering what he is being paid.
    Posted by jm02130[/QUOTE]

I don't think he STINKS but he has been injured quite a bit and makes way too much $$$$ for the celtics to trade for him

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jm02130. Show jm02130's posts

He stinks.  The fact that he's always hurt is the best thing about him.  That way, he doesn't hurt your team every time you put him on the floor.  He's the white Larry Hughes without Hughes' defense.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

Really still witn the posey stuff? Oh yeah we need another mid thirty player to reduce the playing time of our young developing players because he had a couple of well placed months. I gueess there is no reason why N.O. was trying to dump him since about a month after they over paid him. I guess the saying ;"A rising tide raises all ships" is lost on some of you. What has he done since he left the Cs. There is a reason why some don't have positions in NBA front offices.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Parish-sez. Show Parish-sez's posts

Oh and Harangoody is better than Poser and Dunceleavy.