Blakely: C's look to deal Wallace & Humphries

1. This post has been removed.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Blakely: C's look to deal Wallace & Humphries

Both of these guys have value! Hopefully the Cs get draft picks, young talent, and expiring contracts! 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I don't care if we don't get sh*t for them, if DA can get rid of Wallace's contract he is a freakin genius.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to APpats21's comment:

I wonder how he can work these trades so we dont get better.

Maybe Dallas?  They have Shawn Marion who is on the books for 9 million this coming season, but it is expiring.  If we could get Marion for Wallace, that would be a coup.  Marion could then either be shipped out or play minimal minutes for us next year.  Don't think Dallas would go for that, but maybe we could sweeten the deal with one of the first round picks we picked up and they could send us Larkin - he has a broken ankle, though.  We'll see.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

Both of these guys have value! Hopefully the Cs get draft picks, young talent, and expiring contracts! 

but Humphries IS an expiring contract!

if thats what Ainge is going for, there is no need to move Humphries, except for a draft pick or YOUNGER piece.

I agree with others who said if Ainge can Move Wallace's deal....he's a genius.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

I don't think anyone will take Humphries right now. Ainge should hold that expiring chip until the trade deadline and wait for a better deal.

Wallac will help someone right now and Ainge could get an expiring deal in return.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

AP, he can't and I am starting to believe that DA has other things in mind. We already are not a lottery team. We aren't going to be either.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

AP, he can't and I am starting to believe that DA has other things in mind. We already are not a lottery team. We aren't going to be either.

Well if youre right then that sucks. This year is a good year to be a lottery team.

I hear ya. Problem is, we have too many quality players on this team still. JG is a star on the rise, if they hold onto RR and he corrects his deficiencies he gives us top 5-PG talent, KO was a lottery pick that got passed on ala Tom Brady, AB is an all defensive player with lots of upside still, Sully is a Charles Barkley type in the making if healthy, with moves by DA still to come......If DA starts moving a few of the players I just mentioned, then I will start believing in the "tanking it" theory. Otherwise, its rebuild on the fly with the intent of being competative......See, the guys he presently has want to win. If you start showing them a culture for losing, then you damage them as a group. So, if he is tanking, he's gotta get value for them ASAP for the future. Otherwise, you are holding onto very good players only to kill their competative spirit by forcing them to lose. Winners wanna and gotta win, Period! Can't have it both ways. Either really suck, or always go for it. I believe in today's NBA, you gotta do what DA does, make GREAT DEALS. Building via the draft is a crap shoot, first because of the lottery balls rarely drop the way they are suppoosed to, and secondly because everybody coming out of the draft, lottery or not, has measured risk. KO is a rarity in the way we got lucky with him. DA is the secret to our success. Its gona be fun seeing how and what he does. I think DA is an NBA genious........

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from mrbungle. Show mrbungle's posts

Is there a chance Humphries gets re-signed by the Celtics after next year? I mean, he's a big body that can give you 10 points/10 rpg easily. I've always thought this guy gets a bit of a bad rap myself. He's a decent player, why do we need to dump him so badly? Wallace I get but, Humphries, unless he's a must to go along with Wallace in a trade (which may be the case) is a player I wouldn't mind keeping. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

I don't think anyone will take Humphries right now. Ainge should hold that expiring chip until the trade deadline and wait for a better deal.

Wallac will help someone right now and Ainge could get an expiring deal in return.

Phoenix could be a team looking to deal. They have space and Gortat has one year left @ 7.5 and has stated his displeasure with the team and they drafted Len. They also Have Marshall a pg drafted too high but could be a good backup for 3 yrs @ 2mil. We only save 1 mil this year and pay 560k in luxury but we'd have almost 20 mil in cap space next year. Wallace is an effort guy and could help himself and the Suns with increased production this season and be insurance in case Beasley blows another brain gasket.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

does blakely even know crap? to me blakely is a hack...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to raider3524's comment:

you are correct sir!  Cool

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

http://www.masslive.com/celtics/index.ssf/2013/07/boston_celtics_trade_rumors_20_66.html

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

In response to raider3524's comment:

[QUOTE]

you are correct sir!  Cool

[/QUOTE]

it's just like everytime i see the guy talking i'm like w t f? i don't think iv'e ever heard somthing he said come true? but this anybody can say C's look to deal hump and wallace...this is not news....lol

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from shines01. Show shines01's posts

i'm still keen on Gortat....Gortat-Olynyk-Sullinger-Green-Rondo isa good NBA team

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mployee8. Show Mployee8's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

Is this NEWS?

Are we supposed to scratch our heads in wonderment?

Mouth dropping report from the Fungus .... LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from victoryismine. Show victoryismine's posts

Some of you just dont understand the NBA trading requirements. I suggest you do some research. The NBA is not MLB. You cant just dump salary.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

If a team is under the cap they don't have  to match salaries Poenix is under the cap so if they want to make a trade like that they can since we would taking in less salary.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to victoryismine's comment:

Some of you just dont understand the NBA trading requirements. I suggest you do some research. The NBA is not MLB. You cant just dump salary.

http://espn.go.com/nba/tradeMachine

Similarly, that "trade machine" is wrong like 33% of the time. There are nuances that it can't possibly include, and not all the players and salary are up to date. Just sayin

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to shines01's comment:

i'm still keen on Gortat....Gortat-Olynyk-Sullinger-Green-Rondo isa good NBA team

Yeah  but with Ryan running the show down there, don't expect to get any deals on Gortat. He really values (overvalues) that guy, and intimately knows the value of the Celtics on our roster.

Plus, the wanted Gortat to teach up Len. Gortat is also a great Vet to have on a young team.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

[/QUOTE]

it's just like everytime i see the guy talking i'm like w t f? i don't think iv'e ever heard somthing he said come true? but this anybody can say C's look to deal hump and wallace...this is not news....lol

[/QUOTE]

Raider... I 100% agree with you. I think Sherod is the biggest fake insider ever. His columns suck, he can't write, he can't interview, he looks like a giant slacker. I mean, I don't have high standards for the losers at CSN, but I really hate this guy.

It baffles me how a basketball genius like Grande is stuck on the radio, and all this airtime is given to the lazy sack of pooo Sherod. And why the heck does he have to have that annoying A. before his name? Its like, GET A REAL NAME, YOU BUM!

24. This post has been removed.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I don't think anyone will take Wallace's contract unless we give them something else.