Blame the bench it sucks.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Blame the bench it sucks.

Our starters vs their starters

Celtics 65 Heat 68

Our bench vs their bench.

Celtics 12 Heat 32

Delonte West led the way with a sterling ZERO Points in 17 minutes and a whopping -25 on the plus minus scale. (I sure hope he starts over rondo)

Nenad krystic, fought Delonte hard for most ineffective player today with TWO points in 12 minutes and a -17 on the plus minus scale. He also got 1 rebound. Not bad for a 7 footer. 

Baby and Jeff Green rounded out the top, with 6 and 4 points respectively and a -16 on the plus minus scale in 25 and 19 minutes. Although jeff Green's defense on Lebron made me forget about perk for for--PERK PLEASE COME BACK!!! I know you don't defend Lebron but you do defend, and rebound and bring Nate with you. At least he some cojones.  

This is not on Ray Allen, or Rajon Rondo. They didn't play great but tell me how they are supposed to overcome the worst bench in the league? I thought Miami had it, they don't.

When I wake up from this nightmare, I want Jeff green and Krystic back in Oklahoma, I want Troy Murphy in New Jersey and I want Nate, Perk, Luke, and Semih back were they belong. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Blame the bench it sucks.

Hard to disagree with you today.  We are horrible.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from DaCeltics. Show DaCeltics's posts

In Response to Blame the bench it sucks.:
    [QUOTE]Our starters vs their starters Celtics 65 Heat 68 Our bench vs their bench. Celtics 12 Heat 32 Delonte West led the way with a sterling ZERO Points in 17 minutes and a whopping -25 on the plus minus scale. (I sure hope he starts over rondo) Nenad krystic, fought Delonte hard for most ineffective player today with TWO points in 12 minutes and a -17 on the plus minus scale. He also got 1 rebound. Not bad for a 7 footer.  Baby and Jeff Green rounded out the top, with 6 and 4 points respectively and a -16 on the plus minus scale in 25 and 19 minutes. Although jeff Green's defense on Lebron made me forget about perk for for--PERK PLEASE COME BACK!!! I know you don't defend Lebron but you do defend, and rebound and bring Nate with you. At least he some cojones.   This is not on Ray Allen, or Rajon Rondo. They didn't play great but tell me how they are supposed to overcome the worst bench in the league? I thought Miami had it, they don't. When I wake up from this nightmare, I want Jeff green and Krystic back in Oklahoma, I want Troy Murphy in New Jersey and I want Nate, Perk, Luke, and Semih back were they belong. 
    Posted by jtkl[/QUOTE]

I feel your pain.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Look... it took Miami the better part of a year to get their new act together and play in rythem.  We have 4 players including backup position 2, 3 and 5 who have only been playing together for about a month.  It takes time to jell.  Doc needs to give them minutes despite the pain.  

I think they'll continue to improve right through the last victory in the NBA finals. 

Today's game meant nothing to us, only the Heat.  Shaq and JON will be an anchor come playoff time and everything will be much different.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Blame the bench it sucks.:
    [QUOTE]Look... it took Miami the better part of a year to get their new act together and play in rythem.  We have 4 players including backup position 2, 3 and 5 who have only been playing together for about a month.  It takes time to jell.  Doc needs to give them minutes despite the pain.   I think they'll continue to improve right through the last victory in the NBA finals.  Today's game meant nothing to us, only the Heat.  Shaq and JON will be an anchor come playoff time and everything will be much different.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]
    Amen brother. great post

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Oh man do I hope you are right.  Something is up with this team.  I have never seen Doc so disheartened after a game.  He did not seem confident.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MsLithium21. Show MsLithium21's posts

I hope you guys are right too.  I wish these guys could have all had a training camp together.  We'd have the league's best record in my opinion - or at least would have gotten to and stayed at 2nd.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from dk33. Show dk33's posts

Totally agree with the bench.  The last 3-4 games they trot out the lineup of Delonte, Kristic, Green, Baby and Ray--and as soon as the bench comes in, especially today they look completely lost out there--all work done by the starters erased.  All I see from them is hot potato ball,constantly swinging the ball at hte top of the key--with a rushed shot attempt, usually by baby with approximately 2-3 seconds on the shot clock.  I'm at a loss for why they are not going to Green looks like he's in a coma--I don't get why he's not playing more minutes especially during these last few games--play him more than 20 minutes a game.

Lets hope they get this together next week when shaq "comes back"

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

[QUOTE]Oh man do I hope you are right.  Something is up with this team.  I have never seen Doc so disheartened after a game.  He did not seem confident.
    Posted by concord27[/QUOTE]

The team chemistry hasn't been the same since the trade.  Their isn't enough time for this team to develop any chemistry for the playoffs.  The bench was horrible and we can only hope that they are better during the playoffs.  I will try to remain optimistic, but won't be surprised if we struggle this year once the playoffs begin. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

[QUOTE]Look... it took Miami the better part of a year to get their new act together and play in rythem.  We have 4 players including backup position 2, 3 and 5 who have only been playing together for about a month.  It takes time to jell.  Doc needs to give them minutes despite the pain.   I think they'll continue to improve right through the last victory iWe really have no n the NBA finals.  Today's game meant nothing to us, only the Heat.  Shaq and JON will be an anchor come playoff time and everything will be much different.
    Posted by Eldunker[/QUOTE]
    But thats just dribble to these guys..If we have 5 new guys here, they expect them to seemlessly gel iwth the starters and be effective against the best in the league. Especially if they are the rejects from other teams. make perfect sense, right. There is no learning curve here. Seriously, it was bad, but hopefully we can get it right  in time.. there is no other choice. We need some offense, for sure though

Sections
Shortcuts