Blazers vs. Celtics 11/30/12

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Re: Blazers vs. Celtics 11/30/12

In response to BCSP's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to AyyyBoston's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Assuming AB comes back healthy and picks up around where he left off (after some time), I have to think we would trade for a big man around the deadline...Rondo, Terry, Lee, Barbosa, and Bradley is a very crowded backcourt and we need another big.

[/QUOTE]

So what you are saying is the Cs should Get One Rebounder To Assist Team

[/QUOTE]

Ha!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Very nice win today. Good games from just about everybody.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Right back at it tomorrow night! The Bucks at home are no push-overs! We need another strong game from JG tomorrow night!!

He is the enigma the C's have to solve!!!!!!!!

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]

Right back at it tomorrow night! The Bucks at home are no push-overs! We need another strong game from JG tomorrow night!!

[/QUOTE]

I still want him to start, but as long as he is getting more minutes, I'm fine with anything!

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I still want him to start, but as long as he is getting more minutes, I'm fine with anything!

[/QUOTE]

Even tonight Jeff Green didn't get many minutes. He's averaging 22 minutes per game, tonight he got 23.

[/QUOTE]
    True. He needs to be getting at least ~26 or so IMO.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Even tonight Jeff Green didn't get many minutes. He's averaging 22 minutes per game, tonight he got 23.

[/QUOTE]

JG could be so good! I really hope the Cs figure out a way to permanently tap into that endless wealth of talent!

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

JG could be so good! I really hope the Cs figure out a way to permanently tap into that endless wealth of talent!

[/QUOTE]

I think the vast majority of this board is on the same page regarding Green.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

OK. I've said it before...many times, and I'll say it again.  Rondo does NOT make this team better. He is an intriguing player with certain amazing skills (like AI and Wilt) but he hurts team chemistry.

Ray Allen is a good example. I believe that Green, Terry and Lee (and whomever plays SG) performance has been hindered by Rondo as a result of his decision making and slow-mo ball control.

I would trade Rondo for Gortat straight up in a second. Rondo is great but has dibilitating weaknesses and is dispensable.  Much tougher to get a good big than an adequate PG who will make this team better.

Trade Rondo.  Fire Doc.  Win more championships.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

Man I hope we can get Gortat...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Much better ball movement tonight! No pound, pound, pound, while the other 4 guys run around like chickens with their heads cut off, while our point guard looks for the perfect pass for another assist!!  If the right trade comes along i'm all for saying good bye to Rondo!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from AyyyBoston. Show AyyyBoston's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Much better ball movement tonight! No pound, pound, pound, while the other 4 guys run around like chickens with their heads cut off, while our point guard looks for the perfect pass for another assist!!  If the right trade comes along i'm all for saying good bye to Rondo!!

[/QUOTE]

Starting to agree with this. If trading Rondo means we can get Gortat and an okay PG to fill in, I'm for it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 !!!

Man, I hope Rondo was watching the game and learned something about moving the ball!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

good Lord. given the slightest half baked opening, and here come the anti-rondo zealots full force. mighty impressive there gentlemen. how 'bout this: rondo is your all star boston celtic pg and possible future hall of famer. you'll suck on it and like it.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to Celtsfan4life's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 !!!

Man, I hope Rondo was watching the game and learned something about moving the ball!

[/QUOTE]

To be clear, I agree that we should stop the Rondo pound, pound, pound of the ball.   However, I do NOT want to trade him.   I just want him to get the message about holding the ball too long, about scoring more, and about playing better D.   Too much potential and great performances to trade this guy.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 !!!

[/QUOTE]

To be clear, I agree that we should stop the Rondo pound, pound, pound of the ball.   However, I do NOT want to trade him.   I just want him to get the message about holding the ball too long, about scoring more, and about playing better D.   Too much potential and great performances to trade this guy.

[/QUOTE]  I said if the right trade comes along, and Gortat straight up wouldn't be the right trade!! 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

+1 !!!

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]  I said if the right trade comes along, and Gortat straight up wouldn't be the right trade!! 

[/QUOTE]

Not advocating trading Rondo - don't think we should.....BUT, while we are on the subject....this trade works salary wise (after 12/15), helps all teams, and gets rid of disgruntled players:

Rondo to NO

Eric Gordon and Fab Melo to PHO

Gortat and Dudley to BOS.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Wow.  Can't believe after 1 win people turn on the team's best player.  I don't think Rondo is the problem.  I think he's been one of the few bright spots this year.  Celtics brought the effort tonight after an embarrassing effort weds. night.  That's it.  Nothing to do with Rondo not being there.  Let's see if Green can string together 2 good performances in a row.  Yeah, let's trade the best point gaurd in the league for a slightly above average center in Gortat.  Good lord.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from darkman20. Show darkman20's posts

This team appears to be playing a lot harder without Rondo....makes me go...mmmMMMhh...wonder why?! 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from gman101019. Show gman101019's posts

After everything rondo has accomplished on this team and especially in the playoffs, I started to think finally he had earned that unanimous support. Boy was I wrong. The guys is avg 14 13 5 and shooting over %50 this season. WHAT THE HELL U WANT? Hes our only superstar. We need more superstars not ship out our only one.  Its just ridic.

Just to put some perspective on tonights win the celtics historically own the blazers they have beaten them now 6  times in a row. They are a jump shooting team which plays into our hands. Yes we did play with some defensive intensity finally,  but come on.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Lets see what happens tonight. If we get a win again you do have to wonder...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

Agreed, and it was also nice to see our guards keep the opposing guards out of the paint.  It will be fun to see if they do it again tonight.  I like the ball moving around and not be stuck in one persons hand all the time.  I think its more Doc's problem than it is Rondo's.  Rondo is running Docs offense isn't he?

Sections
Shortcuts