Bleacher Report ranks C's as 2nd worst team in NBA

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrCricket. Show MrCricket's posts

Bleacher Report ranks C's as 2nd worst team in NBA

i'm confident Boston will secure a top 5 pick in 2014, which represents hope for the future.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1708425-nba-power-rankings-stacking-up-every-team-after-2013-free-agent-frenzy/page/3

Like the Sixers, the Boston Celtics plan to stink for a reason: They want Andrew Wiggins...or Julius Randle...or Jabari Parker...or Marcus Smart...or any of the other bajillion or so superstar prospects likely to be available in the 2014 NBA draft.

Of course, the C's wouldn't have been so amenable to starting from scratch if it hadn't been so apparent that the Paul Pierce-Kevin Garnett era in Beantown had run its course. With Rondo sidelined by a torn ACL and Doc Rivers jonesing for a new start, Danny Ainge saw the out he needed to spark a rebuild and seized it.

Now, KG, Pierce and Jason Terry will be suiting up for the Brooklyn Nets, Doc will be leading the Los Angeles Clippers' charge toward the top, and the C's...well, they'll be terrible for a bit.

But at least they'll be terrible for a good cause. If the next great star winds up in Boston as a result of this tank job, then the misery of losing (and breaking in a 36-year-old rookie coach) will have been well worth it.

Just don't remind anyone in New England of 1997 and 2007, when the C's took a dive but still missed out on Tim Duncan and Kevin Durant (and Greg Oden), respectively.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Bleacher Report ranks C's as 2nd worst team in NBA

sounds about right

we have no center right now.

KO?

Melo...LOL

Fav or Iverson....!!!

Sullinger is the best option as a low post player right now, but ay 6-8 at best it's a problem. We saw what happened last year when Bass had to play center when KG needed rest.

you could argue that Randolph is the best center on the roster right now...YIKS!!

of course I expect a move to adress this problem before the season starts.

depening on what trades happen, we'll be anywhere from 5-15 form the bottom IMO.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Wow...2nd worst? LOL...even I wasn't THAT pessimistic...

I suppose that depends on Rondo and when he'll be back...if he's not back until the 2nd half of the season this guesstimate might be true, at least in term of record...

I can just see 'lil R9R approaching his contract year with doc in Clipperland, RA with the Heat and KG/CPP in Brooklyn all competing for rings... while back in Beantown he leads a team hoping to win the Andrew Wiggins lottery.

A lose-lose situation for our foundering ASPG as he probes the depths of futility and despair.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

In Rondo's absence, Jeff Green is their best player.  While a good player, JG isn't leading this team anywhere except to the lottery. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to MelWitt's comment:

Wow...2nd worst? LOL...even I wasn't THAT pessimistic...

I suppose that depends on Rondo and when he'll be back...if he's not back until the 2nd half of the season this guesstimate might be true, at least in term of record...

Who knows, maybe Rondo will wind up smelling like a Rose & take the whole season off(not a criticism, if you know what I mean)...

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:

In Rondo's absence, Jeff Green is their best player.  While a good player, JG isn't leading this team anywhere except to the lottery. 

.............................................................................................................................

Rondo, Green, and Olynyk are all pretty good players. Wallace was an allstar, Humphries was a double double guy, Bradley is a great defender, Pressey looks good, Faverani has some skills, etc...

It's not like we are starting Ryan Gomes and Sebastian Telfair.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Now if they can only live up, i mean down to their ranking.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

.............................................................................................................................

Rondo, Green, and Olynyk are all pretty good players. Wallace was an allstar, Humphries was a double double guy, Bradley is a great defender, Pressey looks good, Faverani has some skills, etc...

I agree with you trying to be positive going forward. I am also an avid Red Sox fan and was not completely happy with the unloading of Gonzo, Crawford & Beckett to the Dodgers but if anyone hasn't noticed, Sox are 20 games over 500 and in 1st place. OK, OK, I don't expect the C's to achieve the same results but as the Sox did, we unloaded a lot of salary so, I repeat,  I'll try to be positive with KG & PP gone. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

If the team stays like it is now and RR comes back soon there's no way we'll have the 2nd worst record.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to basketbert's comment:

If the team stays like it is now and RR comes back soon there's no way we'll have the 2nd worst record.

Numero Uno for sure.

Pud

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

Yes,lottery is the destination.Part of the rebuilding process.The real celtics fans will support the team during this process.Go celtics

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Big j. Show Big j's posts

i believe the suns, bucks, 76ers, and raptors will be worse than the celtics. hopefully rondo sits out for a while 

Boston Celtics, and Bruins fan till i die!

Anything is possible!!! -- kevin garnett

If we Go down we go down fighting --Brad marchard

one hundred thirty-four years ago yesterday, a bunch of rag-tag farmers stood up against the greatest fighting force in the world. And today school children in Massachusetts have Patriot's Day off because of that. Well, a bunch of modern-day Bostonians have turned back Hockey's royalty and they have sent their faithful on a redcoated retreat through the exits. It's 4-2 Bruins, --- Jack edwards

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Very true. This team has more talent than they are getting credit for.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

No, but in reality, we could be starting Phil Pressey & Fab Melo

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to Big j's comment:

i believe the suns, bucks, 76ers, and raptors will be worse than the celtics. hopefully rondo sits out for a while 

I don't understand why so many are down on the Raptors. They are not a lottery team. As constituted, they are easily a 7 or 8 seed.

Lowry, DeRozan, Gay, Johnson, Valanciuas is a solid starting 5, with a solid bench of Fields, Novak, Ross, Gray, Acy, Richardson...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Vegas money has the Celtics as 10th worst.  

That sounds about right, maybe by the time the season starts they fall a bit to 7-8th worse with Rondo confirmed on the sidelines.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

Red Sox Unloaded Stars/Salary and in 1st Place---C's may surprise !!!

Many fans were lamenting this move but, I'm sure, are happy now. As I am also an avid Red Sox fan and was not completely happy with the unloading of Gonzo, Crawford & Beckett to the Dodgers but if anyone hasn't noticed, Sox are 20 games over 500 and in 1st place. OK, OK, I don't expect the C's to achieve the same results next year but as the Sox did, we unloaded a lot of salary so, I repeat,  I'll try to be positive with KG & PP gone and believe we could complete for ring # 18 with the new players and draft choices in 2-3 years.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from stevekubersky. Show stevekubersky's posts

If Rondo, Avery, Sullinger, Olynyk, Green, Bass, Wallace, Humphries, and Lee all have season ending injuries, and the 29 other teams have 100 per cent injury free season, I reckon the Cs are second worst material. Very. Highly. Unlikely.

Otherwise this bleacher prediction is nothing more than mildly amusing, giving false hopes to the lets-tank-so-we-can-get-Wiggins club.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Cs never had a number 1 overall choice in their history. There are other, realistic ways to achieve the ultimate goal. That's been proven in 2008. Now stop dreaming about Wiggins and let Danny do his job.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

Nope, this is a very young but reasonably talented team. These are young guys who are hungry to prove themselves. This isn't a team with aging reserves and a few rising NBA worthy starters on it. This is a young, athletic team with plenty of NBA level starters on it. The slot will depend on DA's next couple of moves, but even as is this team will not be a bottom 10-lottery team. Sorry, watch........

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Also, I wouldn't put the Nets at 8. To me, the Nets have taken a huge step past the Pacers. To add Paul, Kevin, JET, Kirlenko to what they had last year puts them up in a power-4,until Rose's Bulls go on a tear.

I'd honestly put Heat, Nets, Pacers, Bulls as best 4 in the East and Spurs, Warriers, Rockets, Clippers as the best 4 in the West. With Westbook's injury, Perks decline, and no Harden/Martin, I think OKC takes a step back. Same with Grizz & Nuggets. They will be 5-7. 8th spot will be a toss-up between Blazers, Wolves, Mavs and Lakers again.

In the East, I think it'll be Knicks, Hawks, Wiz, Cavs, Bucks, and Raptors fight out for the last 4 spots.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to MrCricket's comment:

i'm confident Boston will secure a top 5 pick in 2014, which represents hope for the future.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1708425-nba-power-rankings-stacking-up-every-team-after-2013-free-agent-frenzy/page/3

Like the Sixers, the Boston Celtics plan to stink for a reason: They want Andrew Wiggins...or Julius Randle...or Jabari Parker...or Marcus Smart...or any of the other bajillion or so superstar prospects likely to be available in the 2014 NBA draft.

Of course, the C's wouldn't have been so amenable to starting from scratch if it hadn't been so apparent that the Paul Pierce-Kevin Garnett era in Beantown had run its course. With Rondo sidelined by a torn ACL and Doc Rivers jonesing for a new start, Danny Ainge saw the out he needed to spark a rebuild and seized it.

Now, KG, Pierce and Jason Terry will be suiting up for the Brooklyn Nets, Doc will be leading the Los Angeles Clippers' charge toward the top, and the C's...well, they'll be terrible for a bit.

But at least they'll be terrible for a good cause. If the next great star winds up in Boston as a result of this tank job, then the misery of losing (and breaking in a 36-year-old rookie coach) will have been well worth it.

Just don't remind anyone in New England of 1997 and 2007, when the C's took a dive but still missed out on Tim Duncan and Kevin Durant (and Greg Oden), respectively.

2ND WORST .... Not bad..... Could be worst so things are looking up.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No way Melo starts.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

In response to R9R's comment:

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

No way Melo starts.

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps. But, if:

Pressey, Bradley, Green, Sullinger, Melo are our starting 5 .... thats a sure thing to the lottery.

Sections
Shortcuts