Bleacher Report - Rebuilding the Celtics

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Bleacher Report - Rebuilding the Celtics

Resign Rondo
    Draft Aaron Gordon
    Trade for Gordon Haywood
    Trade Jeff Green to Pistons for Monroe.

Rondo, Haywood, Gordon, Sullinger and Monroe

Hmmm not sure that scares anyone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

Re: Bleacher Report - Rebuilding the Celtics

We could do their job equally as well at BR

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Check My Pats/Sports Blog:

http://joepatsfan.blogspot.com/

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from jgallag1. Show jgallag1's posts

As a C's fan it scares me...does that count?

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

IS this site fixed yet or am I missing the boat again?

Check,,,,,test

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

No thanks.  Much rather trade Rondo to LA or Detroit for their picks in this draft.  OMG, drafting Gordon at 4 or 5????  No thanks.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Bleacher Report has Utah taking Exum at 4?  Why would they take Exum at 4 when they have Burke and Hayward in the backcourt?  There is a dearth of talented forwards on the Jazz roster.  Don't you think they would draft Randle if they end up selecting at 4?  I would think so.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

Looks like the epitome of a treadmill team to me.  And not a very good one to boot.  Why would Rondo resign here if there are no other top flight players on the squad, and no prospects that will turn into one? Still no rim protection, still no-one who projects to average over 20ppg.

Monroe can play center but isn't that great at it, which is why Detroit drafted Drummond.  He and Sully are redundant in their skills unless Sullinger ever does become a true long range threat but I'm not holding my breath on that one.

Hayward is a nice player but if he was ever going to put up big #s he would've done it this year with that terrible Utah team. But he is just too streaky to be a night in night out 20+er. He's the white Jeff Green.  Both guys are looking for a big payday too...neither are worth it.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Celtics trade Jeff Green and a future #1 to the TWolves for Gorgui Dieng and Chase Budinger. Get lucky in the Draft and take Parker or if Parker is gone Exum. Trade Rondo to Houston, Lakers, Orlando, for the best deal Danny can get. Keep Bradley, Sully, KO, and Humphries. Give OKC  a future pick for Reggie Jackson and we'll be, i don't know, what will we be?

Point Jackson

Shooting Bradley

S forward Budinger

P forward Sully

C Dieng

Pick Parker or Exum. 2nd pick Nik stauskas. Bench KO, Humphries, Bayless, and whoever comes over in Rondo trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

I have to say I was bad-mouthing Dieng up and down before the draft last year.  Looks like I was wrong about that one.  Not sure if Minnesota would give us Dieng for Green, though.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

No thanks.  Much rather trade Rondo to LA or Detroit for their picks in this draft.  OMG, drafting Gordon at 4 or 5????  No thanks.

I'm never going to be on the Gordon bandwagon...I don't see it at all...A 210 pound PF on a team with nothing but PF with no athletic skills? KO is three years and 20 pounds of muscle and natural body maturity from being a real 5 and because he has no ups at all he'll NEVER be a rim protector...he's better as a "european" outside shooting forward or high-post player where his court vision and passing can be put to use......

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Why not this lineup

PG-Rondo 

SG-Bradley

SF-Melo (give up Green, Humphries and 2015 #1, 2017 #1

PF-Sully

C-Embiid (4th pick)

Off the bench - KO, Bass, Wallace and Nick Young (6th man)

We have defense and scoring

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

Agree Mel. No Gordom. Let Oly play either forward and get a real center

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

In response to mellymel3's comment:

In response to teejaytee70's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'm never going to be on the Gordon bandwagon...I don't see it at all...A 210 pound PF on a team with nothing but PF with no athletic skills? KO is three years and 20 pounds of muscle and natural body maturity from being a real 5 and because he has no ups at all he'll NEVER be a rim protector...he's better as a "european" outside shooting forward or high-post player where his court vision and passing can be put to use......

[/QUOTE]

I'm kinda looking at Gordon as a SF. I'd like him at that spot. He's kinda being touted as a "combo" forward. But, his outside shot is nothing to write home about. When playing the SF position, he'll need that in his arsenal.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from billge. Show billge's posts

8 rebounds 42% free throw playing small forward but actually center?

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticelmo. Show celticelmo's posts

If Gordan was their guy and I hope he is not, the C's could trade back a few spots to get him and pick up a little something extra. I am hoping for Embiid but not sure how much the C's should give up to move up and get him? 

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts