Bledsoe

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Bledsoe

He has to be included........if Ainge only makes a trade for Jordan and 2 first rounders.......Lakers are going to hand over DH and get Blake and Bledsoe........While this guarrantees them nothing it does help them get younger.

I absolutely think DA should go all in or hang onto the group.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

Re: Bledsoe

Not saying he has to replace RR.......but he is a valuable commodity...one we don't want to just hand over to the Lakers and help their rebuild.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

So ..you would rather have Bledsoe over Rondo?......

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Iceman4. Show Iceman4's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Iceman4's comment:

Yes.

Rondo will not succeed in a rebuilding situation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Bledsoe is better than Rondo, what I'm saying is Rondo will not be a good fit without Doc.

I would rather keep Rondo......not sure if the fit thing is correct either. Seems like Rondo might have a better rapport under different coaching. Seems like there was tension with him and Doc.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from GregCelts. Show GregCelts's posts

Once you trade KG, you are in rebuilding mode.  Get rid of your bad contracts like Bass/Lee/Terry first, before trying to get someone who is not even a top 15 PG in the league. 

Draft Shroders, play the kids, let Rondo rest a year like Rose,tank the season and go for the Andre Wiggins sweepstake.

Celts will need cap space for 2014. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

I could care less about Bledoe.

All I want is for the Celtics to get young and have some salary flexibility.

Way too much dead wood on the roster right now.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Honest opinion:

Right now,

Bledsoe = overvalued

Rondo = undervalued

Bledsoe is young, and an amazing freak athlete, but what has he proven? Playoff game dominance .... no. Ability to be a starting PG ... not really. Ability to dominate against 2nd and 3rd string PGs .... YES

So we have in Bledsoe a young, athletic freak, no better at shooting than Rondo, who isn't proven against the elite PGs in this league, hasn't shown any playoff differenciation stepping up his game. A guy who will command a salary probably not to dissimilar to Rondo's current salary in just one year.

Yes, I prefer Rondo.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

The only reason to get Bledsoe, I feel, is to keep him from being traded to the Lakers for the Clippers to get Howard. But a bigger reason for the trade is to get rid of the big salaries !

Bledsoe 2012-2103

PPG  REB ASST  FG%
     8.5   3.0    3.1    44.5%

Rondo 2012-2013                        

PPG   REB  ASST FG%

13.7  5.6   11.1 48.4

Thus based on stats, I'd rather have Rondo. But could Bledsoe fetch us a competent big man. I don't want Jordan, he's under double digits scoring & rebounding and a poor foul shooter. In short, he's a younger version of Perk. I want a Center who can gieve us 15+ pts & 10+ rebs.

I think the real plumb in the trade is not Bledsoe, Jordan etc. but would be the value of the draft picks in addition to our own. Don't know if Melo will develop but Sully should help our rebounding but we still need a 7 footer. With our draft picks and or a lottery pick for Bledsoe or even Rondo if there are not desirable big men in the draft, could we then get a Cousins or another formidable big man, Jefferson, Josh Smith and a scorer too like Redick.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I would rather keep Rondo......not sure if the fit thing is correct either. Seems like Rondo might have a better rapport under different coaching. Seems like there was tension with him and Doc.

Doc gave Rondo a lot of freedom. That's something other coaches don't usually do.

Without stars on the team, Rondo can't excel because he's not a scorer. His assist numbers will go down because he has no one to pass to that score like Pierce or KG.

Rondo is at his best when he's in a winning situation.

Is Bledsoe really a true point guard?

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Bledsoe is a really good back up PG. the reason the C's want him is the avoid the mess that happened this year. This team didnt have a PG after Rondo got hurt. Now if you get Bledsoe you have two. You need two. This would allow the C's to move some of the mess at SG and figure out who want to be your two guard.

1 Rondo/Bledsoe

2?

3 Green/Bulter/Pierce

4 Sully/Bass

5 Jordan/Melo 

That isn't a champion but it isn't a lottery team. Green and Rondo are just too good.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from 37stories. Show 37stories's posts

In response to SFBostonFan's comment:

The only reason to get Bledsoe, I feel, is to keep him from being traded to the Lakers for the Clippers to get Howard.

Bledsoe 2012-2103

PPG  REB ASST  FG%
     8.5   3.0    3.1    44.5%

Rondo 2012-2013                        

PPG   REB  ASST FG%

13.7  5.6   11.1 48.4

Thus based on stats, I'd rather have Rondo. But could Bledsoe fetch us a competent big man. I don't want Jordan, he's under double digits scoring & rebounding and a poor foul shooter. I short, he's a younger version of Perk. I want a Center who can gieve us 15+ pts & 10+ rebs.

I think the real plumb in the trade is not Bledsoe, Jordan etc. but would be the value of the draft picks plus our own. Don't know if Melo will develop but Sully should help our rebounding but we still nedd a 7 footer. With our draft picks and or a lottery pick for Bledsoe or even Rondo if there are not desirable big men in the draft, could we then get a Cousins or another formidable big man, Jefferson, Josh Smith and a scorer too like Redick.

The Lakers aren't any better than we are.

This is not the time to make decisions based on who the Lakers are going to have on their roster.

Bledsoe per 36 minutes. 14.9 points 5.4 assists.

Nothing to get excited about. At all.

18. This post has been removed.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to BosoxJoe5's comment:

Bledsoe is a really good back up PG. the reason the C's want him is the avoid the mess that happened this year. This team didnt have a PG after Rondo got hurt. Now if you get Bledsoe you have two. You need two. This would allow the C's to move some of the mess at SG and figure out who want to be your two guard.

1 Rondo/Bledsoe

2?

3 Green/Bulter/Pierce

4 Sully/Bass

5 Jordan/Melo 

That isn't a champion but it isn't a lottery team. Green and Rondo are just too good.

Most posters say not to do the deal unless we get Bledsoe. You mention Butler and then PP playing together. I thought we could only get Butler if the Clippers got PP. I like him...6'7" and not a PP in his prime but he ave 10 pts per game and 15 lifetime but without scorers like Paul & Griffin, maybe he'd do 15-20 with us.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from antiqueman1. Show antiqueman1's posts

Yes.

Rondo will not succeed in a rebuilding situation.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying Bledsoe is better than Rondo, what I'm saying is Rondo will not be a good fit without Doc.

Just hire Phil Jackson. He will straighten everything out. Ha

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts