Bleeding Green

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from miscricket. Show miscricket's posts

Bleeding Green

Did anyone see the Nets' press conference where Paul Pierce and KG were introduced as the newest members of the team? I know that my reaction to seeing Pierce and KG ( especially Pierce) being introduced as members of the  Nets is purely emotional...but I have to say..I have never disliked Danny Ainge more than I do now.

Paul Pierce was a Celtic who bled green. His heart and soul was with this team. I still can't believe Ainge traded him. Watching him at that presser was a little like being a teenager and watching the person you  have a crush on walk into the dance with their girlfriend.

Ainge could have done what the Red Sox did with Ortiz..and given him a "golden parachute" for a year. I doubt there would have been many Celtic fans who would object to that.

Yeah..I know. Basketball (the NBA) is big business..and at the end of the day it's all about winning. Except that sometimes...it's not.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Re: Bleeding Green

Fans get emotionally caught up with long time players and loyalty... then stuff like trading off PP happens and it hurts, in a sports sense.  Ugly reality of pro sports.

At least PP didnt search for a better deal elsewhere and flee Boston like Doc did. PP seemed hurt that he was traded and wished he remained in Boston. Doc was always lip service, saying whatever gets him by to build upon his facade and phony perception hes a good coach. Doc also tried to drag KG from the Celtics with him to have a guy that could lead the team cause Doc cant... and DOc had the balls to criticize Ray for leaving for all the wrong reasons..

Wait and see when PP and KG come to Boston in Nets uniforms, they will get a long standing ovation and deservedly so. Hopfully a video dedication.

Contrast that to when DOc returns with the Clippers, if he has the guts to. Im expecting and wishfull of a solid round of BOO's....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE    I get it.....I kind of feel the same way....on the other hand, we did it with Bird and McHale and getting nothing set our franchise back...at least we have some pieces to begin the rebuild....it happens in sports...the Dodgers tried to sell Jackie Robinson to the Giants....Robby retired rather than going there to play....the Niners parted ways with Joe Montana ....in reality, it happens quite often...Pierce and KG get another shot at a title before they retire (as Celtics I hope)...and Danny starts the rebuilding process...going forward it's a win/win for both parties in my opinion...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Its a win-win situation for doc and the Cs too.

Doc clearly wasn't up to the rebuilding task and hasn't been for some time.

KG and CPP  left with regrets, their heads held high.

Doc left  w/no  regrets....

Huge difference in circumstances but the end result is the same.

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Regardless of the events that took place. At least I feel with Brad Stevens the younger players will have a chance to develop better than than with Doc. Unfortunately the Celtics will be a lottery team but at least not an old team. Should be exciting. Let's see if Rondo can be the leader a lot of people thinks he can be.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

It was a great trade for the Celtics. However, both of them seem to have looks of confusion and looked a little uncomfortable to be there...especially PP. When it's all said and done I think both will sign back with the Celtics for one day and retire Celtics.

I will be rooting for the Nets this year.

To get a TPE, 3 #1s and and $12M expiring contract is a KILLER trade.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

It was a great trade for the Celtics. However, both of them seem to have looks of confusion and looked a little uncomfortable to be there...especially PP. When it's all said and done I think both will sign back with the Celtics for one day and retire Celtics.

I will be rooting for the Nets this year.

To get a TPE, 3 #1s and and $12M expiring contract is a KILLER trade.

Yes it is, like I stated this can be a one and done year for the Nets. It's now or never.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

I keep going back and forth with this one. It was sad, emotional, upsetting but DA did them a favor by giving them one more chance with Brooklyn and the C's entered rebuilding earlier and with a bunch of assets. At the end, DA made sure everyone won with this...sooooo...who knows what will happen when Pierce enters the end of his contract over there. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

My heart bleeds for the two multi millionaires, Pierce and KG.

I am sure they cried in the limousine all the way to the bank.

Thank God for Danny Ainge!

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Im glad you guys could hear the conference.  Hit he audio was so bad I couldn't really hear it.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

In response to ANONMD08's comment:

Regardless of the events that took place. At least I feel with Brad Stevens the younger players will have a chance to develop better than than with Doc. Unfortunately the Celtics will be a lottery team but at least not an old team. Should be exciting. Let's see if Rondo can be the leader a lot of people thinks he can be.

Doc Rivers is an average coach who only won a championship because he had a team with 4 allstars.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I will be a NET fan, after the C's of course, to beat the Knicks who knocked us out and then the Heat !!!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from hops29. Show hops29's posts

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE    I get it.....I kind of feel the same way....on the other hand, we did it with Bird and McHale and getting nothing set our franchise back...at least we have some pieces to begin the rebuild....it happens in sports...the Dodgers tried to sell Jackie Robinson to the Giants....Robby retired rather than going there to play....the Niners parted ways with Joe Montana ....in reality, it happens quite often...Pierce and KG get another shot at a title before they retire (as Celtics I hope)...and Danny starts the rebuilding process...going forward it's a win/win for both parties in my opinion...

Bias and Reggie both dying is what set the Celtics back. Not letting Bird retire here. Can we cut the crap with that already?

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Skins and Heart. Show Skins and Heart's posts

In response to hops29's comment:

[QUOTE]

Bias and Reggie both dying is what set the Celtics back. Not letting Bird retire here. Can we cut the crap with that already?

[/QUOTE]

If Bias used Cocaine as much as it has been aluded too then hes may not have contributed as much to the team as people like to think. 

At best a Roy Tarpley type. At worst a Chris Washburn type. Maybe contributing enough to keep McHale on the sidelines healing after his foot injury in '87 and not playing though it compounding the injury and shortening his career. And that is it. Unless he magically decides one day to stop using Cocaine. And if he was that much of an addict it may not have been easy to stop.

Bird was litterally untradeable though. I think there would have been a riot in Boston if he was traded. McHale on the other hand, in hindsight ought to have been traded around 1990. But that's hindsight.

From what I can gather though. Boston in the late 80's and early 90's had the mentality that everything would just 'happen' for them. Free agents would come and players would develop. Plus they had the history. I don't know why management let the team slide as badly as they did. And I don't think Ainge will let this happen again. At least he's being pro-active and not letting things go like was done previously.

The death of Lewis did set things back. But it really shouldn't have completely destroyed the team like it did for years. Poor free agent signings like Wilkins and bad management did that. 

A death shouldn't wreck a champion team. Bad management did that for the Celtics after the death of Reggie Lewis. 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to Skins and Heart's comment:

In response to hops29's comment:

If Bias used Cocaine as much as it has been aluded too then hes may not have contributed as much to the team as people like to think. 

At best a Roy Tarpley type. At worst a Chris Washburn type. Maybe contributing enough to keep McHale on the sidelines healing after his foot injury in '87 and not playing though it compounding the injury and shortening his career. And that is it. Unless he magically decides one day to stop using Cocaine. And if he was that much of an addict it may not have been easy to stop.

Bird was litterally untradeable though. I think there would have been a riot in Boston if he was traded. McHale on the other hand, in hindsight ought to have been traded around 1990. But that's hindsight.

From what I can gather though. Boston in the late 80's and early 90's had the mentality that everything would just 'happen' for them. Free agents would come and players would develop. Plus they had the history. I don't know why management let the team slide as badly as they did. And I don't think Ainge will let this happen again. At least he's being pro-active and not letting things go like was done previously.

The death of Lewis did set things back. But it really shouldn't have completely destroyed the team like it did for years. Poor free agent signings like Wilkins and bad management did that. 

A death shouldn't wreck a champion team. Bad management did that for the Celtics after the death of Reggie Lewis. 

There's also theory out there that Bias was maybe just a casual user or even just a one time user that got caught up in the celebration of draft day. However, his buddy Brian Tribble did have a rep as a shady dude(which became public afterwards). I was a Terp during those years and remember seeing him in the Student Union holding court. I never heard any rumors concerning his drug use, but I was just a face in the crowd(albeit a handsome one). I'd be lying if I said I got a nod out of him back in the day. He was truly something.Cry

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

I am also an avid Red Sox fan & Bleed Red too and was not completely happy with the unloading of Gonzo, Crawford & Beckett to the Dodgers but if anyone hasn't noticed, Sox are 20 games over 500 and in 1st place. OK, OK, I don't expect the C's to achieve the same results but as the Sox did, we unloaded a lot of salary so I'll try to be positive with KG & PP gone. 

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to miscricket's comment:

Did anyone see the Nets' press conference where Paul Pierce and KG were introduced as the newest members of the team? I know that my reaction to seeing Pierce and KG ( especially Pierce) being introduced as members of the  Nets is purely emotional...but I have to say..I have never disliked Danny Ainge more than I do now.

Paul Pierce was a Celtic who bled green. His heart and soul was with this team. I still can't believe Ainge traded him. Watching him at that presser was a little like being a teenager and watching the person you  have a crush on walk into the dance with their girlfriend.

Ainge could have done what the Red Sox did with Ortiz..and given him a "golden parachute" for a year. I doubt there would have been many Celtic fans who would object to that.

Yeah..I know. Basketball (the NBA) is big business..and at the end of the day it's all about winning. Except that sometimes...it's not.

LaBron is really bleeding green.....At the end of the day it's all about the money !!!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Life is always changing.  So despite the emotional investment in Pierce and KG, it was time for everybody to move on.  It would have been a travesty to trade Pierce to Cleveland at this point in his career.  But to trade him into a situation to win that one more ring was the next best thing that could have happened.  I wish that the Nets will win the championship in 2014, their best chance.  That way everybody will emerge a massive winner.

Sections
Shortcuts