blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year.

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year.

guess i'll be saving some money not buying the NBA season ticket this year. my best wishes to jeff green and i hope he has a speedy recovery. happy christmas, folks!

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Re: blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year.

jeff green helps but not the key.
    you need 5 good starter...one awesome center and 5 good bench.
    it's a teamwork effort sport.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

Re: blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year.

?!@#*?!! The season hasn't even started yet!!
    I don't have a lot of hope for this team either, but maybe this thread would have been better posted in another 6 wks.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year.:
    ?!@#*?!! The season hasn't even started yet!! I don't have a lot of hope for this team either, but maybe this thread would have been better posted in another 6 wks.
    Posted by breaktime

Agree with you.  The season hasn't even started yet.  It is too early to already give up on this team and declare that it was not meant to be. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Oh Darn a bandwagon jumper has lost his interest. Do me a favor on the way out grab some trolls and take them with you. Don't jump back on in a couple of months when we're still contending. Who's your favorite team this year ? The Heat or the Mavs ? Typical New England turn coat fan, through thick not thin.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Remember in the last lockout effectes season, quite a few big trades occurred during the season.  I have a feeling this will be the case - DH12 for one.  Too early to write things off

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Remember in the last lockout effectes season, quite a few big trades occurred during the season.  I have a feeling this will be the case - DH12 for one.  Too early to write things off

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

rondo off to a great start.  2-9 shooting.  just 22% better than ray charles.

chris wilcox is a nothing sandwich.  he's 30 y/o and never played on a good team.  expect nothing when the action gets hot.  if he was anything, a good team would have picked him up starting 7 or 8 years ago, and the "hired gun" late in the season PJ Brown thing would have been 5 years ago even though he's dubious to begin with. 

once again i find myself disgusted with ainge.  we did not get an even exchange with brandon bass.  mark my words.  now with green gone we'll really be seeing it with bass's defensive LOL abilities in the help defense system.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I'm kind of agreeing with you to stop hanging on with this team and look to rebuild now...although we dont have many chips to rebuild with.

SO many feeling good about this Celtics team but I just dont see it...even if we had Green playing... I find this team worse than last years.

Now Doc says hes gonna play KG in 5 mins spurts... of course, Doc says lots of things about minutes and never follows thru.. but if he does, Im expecting KG to be a 20 min player for us, thats less than 1/2 a game.

We got a weak Doolingreplacing what I consider a superior player in West.  Bass a wash replacing BBD if we're lucky, Big 3 older  and deteriorating, Wilcox playing 1/2 game at center...Green gone and lotsa bacl-2-backs

Lastly, will Doc limit the Big 3 minutes and play the youngins??? He always says it but history says he rarely follows thru... so the physical condition of the Big 3 possibly to be in jeopardy again

We need to survive this season and try to pick up a couple good players next season in FA and hopefully have a good draft.  Im not expecting much of anything this year.. hope im wrong

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Tachometrix. Show Tachometrix's posts

In Response to Re: blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year.:
    rondo off to a great start.  2-9 shooting.  just 22% better than ray charles. chris wilcox is a nothing sandwich.  he's 30 y/o and never played on a good team.  expect nothing when the action gets hot.  if he was anything, a good team would have picked him up starting 7 or 8 years ago, and the "hired gun" late in the season PJ Brown thing would have been 5 years ago even though he's dubious to begin with.  once again i find myself disgusted with ainge.  we did not get an even exchange with brandon bass.  mark my words.  now with green gone we'll really be seeing it with bass's defensive LOL abilities in the help defense system.
    Posted by aciemvp

Chris Wilcox was born on Sep. 3, 1982. If he's 30 years old to you then something is wrong with your math.

Big Baby played 32 minutes and ended up 6 pts 5 rebs and went 2-8 from the field.

Brandon Bass played 25 minutes, 9 pts 5 rebs and 2 blocks. Also shot better than Baby, Bass went 4-9 from the field. 

Love the Baby all you want, the facts don't lie.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from nutter44. Show nutter44's posts

I'm kind of agreeing with you to stop hanging on with this team and look to rebuild now...although we dont have many chips to rebuild with. SO many feeling good about this Celtics team but I just dont see it...even if we had Green playing... I find this team worse than last years. Now Doc says hes gonna play KG in 5 mins spurts... of course, Doc says lots of things about minutes and never follows thru.. but if he does, Im expecting KG to be a 20 min player for us, thats less than 1/2 a game. We got a weak Doolingreplacing what I consider a superior player in West.  Bass a wash replacing BBD if we're lucky, Big 3 older  and deteriorating, Wilcox playing 1/2 game at center...Green gone and lotsa bacl-2-backs Lastly, will Doc limit the Big 3 minutes and play the youngins??? He always says it but history says he rarely follows thru... so the physical condition of the Big 3 possibly to be in jeopardy again We need to survive this season and try to pick up a couple good players next season in FA and hopefully have a good draft.  Im not expecting much of anything this year.. hope im wrong
    Posted by Karllost

Respectfully disagree about bench players. Dooling is a better point than Delonte. will run the offense better. Bass waaaay more athletic than BBD. Might not draw as many charges, but this isnt High School. I think the C's will be OK if vets stay reasonably healthy. And check this out..Having Green is far more important nexture when noone knows what KG will do. Praying for Jeff to get healthy for the rest of his life.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

celtic fans predisposed to disgust and skepticism entering the season will likely find plenty to fuel themselves this season. hopefully, the more upbeat among us will also find some bit of satisfaction along the way. go Cs.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

celtic fans predisposed to disgust and skepticism entering the season will likely find plenty to fuel themselves this season. hopefully, the more upbeat among us will also find some bit of satisfaction along the way. go Cs.
    Posted by BaileyPowe

Agree, anyone disguted with Ainge and the moves he's made given limited finances should go watch hockey, or another team in the NBA!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

rondo off to a great start.  2-9 shooting.  just 22% better than ray charles. chris wilcox is a nothing sandwich.  he's 30 y/o and never played on a good team.  expect nothing when the action gets hot.  if he was anything, a good team would have picked him up starting 7 or 8 years ago, and the "hired gun" late in the season PJ Brown thing would have been 5 years ago even though he's dubious to begin with.  once again i find myself disgusted with ainge.  we did not get an even exchange with brandon bass.  mark my words.  now with green gone we'll really be seeing it with bass's defensive LOL abilities in the help defense system.
    Posted by aciemvp

For those disgusted with Ainge - check out these numbers:

Davis  32 mins    2-8 FG    5 Reb   6 points      -22
    Bass    25 mins   4-9 FG     5 Reb  9 points      +7

I'll take 9 in 25 over 6 in 32 any day!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Bass was supposed to be a starter quality player or at least 6th man type.  Unfortunately he had his best year during his first couple years in Utah, and I was never that impressed later.

Green was good...a nice fit.  But at 9mil I'm about as happy to lose that contract.  Sorry Jeff, liked you at OKC and was glad to have you, but not at 9mil.

I am so happy to have quis back.  Love that guy and think he can add.  Nice seeing west in a mavs uniform, simply because it isnt' a celts uniform.  Too unpredictable.

In closing, I don't think it's fair to compare guys +/- numbers from other teams vs the celts.  The celtics' bench has struggled since the start of the big three era.

#1, teams have always done that thing where they leave the starters out to play against the bench to try to recover deficits before halftime.

#2 but most important, bench players are a freaking nervous wreck with madman kg frothing at the mouth to yell at them for any little mistake.  Who can play confidently like that?  You can see it when they take any shot. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Bass was supposed to be a starter quality player or at least 6th man type.  Unfortunately he had his best year during his first couple years in Utah, and I was never that impressed later. Green was good...a nice fit.  But at 9mil I'm about as happy to lose that contract.  Sorry Jeff, liked you at OKC and was glad to have you, but not at 9mil. I am so happy to have quis back.  Love that guy and think he can add.  Nice seeing west in a mavs uniform, simply because it isnt' a celts uniform.  Too unpredictable. In closing, I don't think it's fair to compare guys +/- numbers from other teams vs the celts.  The celtics' bench has struggled since the start of the big three era. #1, teams have always done that thing where they leave the starters out to play against the bench to try to recover deficits before halftime. #2 but most important, bench players are a freaking nervous wreck with madman kg frothing at the mouth to yell at them for any little mistake.  Who can play confidently like that?  You can see it when they take any shot. 
    Posted by cole-ely

So, explain why Bass, a bench player, had a +7, while starter BBD had a minus 22.  That flies right in the face of your theory, part 2.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Problem is with blowing it up is that you'd have to take contracts back to get rid of Ray, KG and PP, etc.  Even if they wanted to get something for KG or other vets, I think you can argue that having his salary slot for next year is better than what you could get back for him in trade.  Find me a contender that thinks KG, Ray, PP is the missing piece to put them over the top and who is willing to give you young talent.  I think that is near impossible.    

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

Red russ, I think you need to go back and re-read my post.  Or perhaps I just didn't write it well enough.  The whole point WAS to explain that.  Did I confuse everybody?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I hope you're not implying that a healthy Jeff Green would have been some kind of huge difference maker. Sorry, he's not that good. 

Your post is ridiculous for this reason: Ainge has always entertained good offers for our best players and would have made a move (CP3) if he could. 

By saying "blow up the team," you are implying that Ainge's aggressive moves were not enough and that he should trade our best players for pennies on the dollar. That's foollishness. Especially given that there are NO dominant teams in the NBA right now and the best team in our conference (Heat) talentwise has big maturity problems. 

I'm gonna go ahead and root for our flawed team and you may want to do the same, especially when you consider that it was Ainge's desire to blow things up (including trading Perk) that got this team into trouble without a center. Careful what you wish for....

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]Bass was supposed to be a starter quality player or at least 6th man type.  Unfortunately he had his best year during his first couple years in Utah, and I was never that impressed later. Green was good...a nice fit.  But at 9mil I'm about as happy to lose that contract.  Sorry Jeff, liked you at OKC and was glad to have you, but not at 9mil. I am so happy to have quis back.  Love that guy and think he can add.  Nice seeing west in a mavs uniform, simply because it isnt' a celts uniform.  Too unpredictable. In closing, I don't think it's fair to compare guys +/- numbers from other teams vs the celts.  The celtics' bench has struggled since the start of the big three era. #1, teams have always done that thing where they leave the starters out to play against the bench to try to recover deficits before halftime. #2 but most important, bench players are a freaking nervous wreck with madman kg frothing at the mouth to yell at them for any little mistake.  Who can play confidently like that?  You can see it when they take any shot. 
    Posted by cole-ely[/QUOTE]

Bass played well, or did I miss that?
    He clearly outplayed the guy he replaced, who is now in ORL.  You said bench play has been weak.  Bass played better than Davis, who now apparently STARTS for ORL. 
    And, he didn't play with confidence??
    No, I don't think you explained your point  - I re read it, like you asked, and it still sounds like you dont' like Bass.  Also, the starters for TOR were in the game at the end, against our bench!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

In Response to Re: blow it up. don't spend another dime. it was not meant to be. not this year. : [QUOTE ]Bass was supposed to be a starter quality player or at least 6th man type.  Unfortunately he had his best year during his first couple years in Utah, and I was never that impressed later. Green was good...a nice fit.  But at 9mil I'm about as happy to lose that contract.  Sorry Jeff, liked you at OKC and was glad to have you, but not at 9mil. I am so happy to have quis back.  Love that guy and think he can add.  Nice seeing west in a mavs uniform, simply because it isnt' a celts uniform.  Too unpredictable. In closing, I don't think it's fair to compare guys +/- numbers from other teams vs the celts.  The celtics' bench has struggled since the start of the big three era. #1, teams have always done that thing where they leave the starters out to play against the bench to try to recover deficits before halftime. #2 but most important, bench players are a freaking nervous wreck with madman kg frothing at the mouth to yell at them for any little mistake.  Who can play confidently like that?  You can see it when they take any shot.  Posted by cole-ely
    Bass played well, or did I miss that? He clearly outplayed the guy he replaced, who is now in ORL.  You said bench play has been weak.  Bass played better than Davis, who now apparently STARTS for ORL.  And, he didn't play with confidence?? No, I don't think you explained your point  - I re read it, like you asked, and it still sounds like you dont' like Bass.  Also, the starters for TOR were in the game at the end, against our bench!!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11

I didnt watch either game but its very premature to compare one preseason games stats btw BBD & Bass and christen the Celtics victors in the trade.

Also, stats rarely tell the whole story... for example, not expecting BBD to grab as mant rebs/min as he did in Boston.. With the C's, he was one of the few bangin the boards... in Orlando, he'll have to take the crumbs DH leaves behind.
    Perspective can be inserted with just about every stat which is why they arent as important imo...

watching the players in the game over a period of time gives you much better input.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Can we not wait until the 15 game mark to have these debates?  Not saying some points do not look valid but some players have had one week of camp and one pre-season game.

• Sections
    Shortcuts