Blow Up This Collection OF Garbage

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Eldunker. Show Eldunker's posts

Blow Up This Collection OF Garbage

starting with Rondo and Doc.

We need a complete overhaul and focus on complete and consistent players withy chemistry.

Our PG needs to be a responsible leader and able to at least shoot a better free throw percentage than my Jr. high School son!!!!!  Nobody over 34. A shooting guard that can hit threes.  and a big man that can block the middle.  Other than Green, nobody should be sacred. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

Re: Blow Up This Collection OF Garbage

chin up, turkey. there's still a chance lakers lose tonight and salvage your evening.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrainDoctorDanny. Show BrainDoctorDanny's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

We need a complete overhaul and focus on complete and consistent players withy chemistry.

Our PG needs to be a responsible leader and able to at least shoot a better free throw percentage than my Jr. high School son!!!!!  Nobody over 34. A shooting guard that can hit threes.  and a big man that can block the middle.  Other than Green, nobody should be sacred. 

Agree. It's a total joke.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

We scored 25 in game 1 and 23 in game 2 in the 2nd half.  Maybe we are doing a tactical different ploy as 31 points 1st half at home is pretty pathetic too so maybe we will have a strong showing 2nd half (HA!) I'm searching for my Dale Carnegie Power of Positive thinking book.

OK, Red Sox are winning, I can, hopefully, look forward to the Lakers losing. Darn the Yankees are winning. I like GS too and especially Step Curry, he scores more points in a game than our team does in a half. But, w/o David Lee it will be tought. Sure wish we had Curry and Lee and I'd give up KG & PP for them(HA Again !).

I would get rid of this whole team in the off season except Rondo, Bradley & Sully & maybe Melo.  What bad luck we didn't /couldn't unload KG & PP. Did KG seriously adhering to his no trade clause really think we were going far in playoffs.  Ya know, Ray Allen was the smart one & we'd won more game if he stayed but still wouldn't have challenged for the title. Maybe, with Ray & Kenyon Martin, yup, a good possiblity. Ok, I know Ray didn't want to stay as we did want to keep him.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

Danny Ainge started blowing up this team as soon as Boston won their 17th banner. Look at his failures in his draft picks, his poor trades, his failure to sign key players, his poor acquisition of players. Sure Boston had tons of injuries to some very key players this season but the truth is that Danny has been throwing KG, Pierce, Rondo and Ray Allen under the bus for several years.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to guyfromtex's comment:

Danny Ainge started blowing up this team as soon as Boston won their 17th banner. Look at his failures in his draft picks, his poor trades, his failure to sign key players, his poor acquisition of players. Sure Boston had tons of injuries to some very key players this season but the truth is that Danny has been throwing KG, Pierce, Rondo and Ray Allen under the bus for several years.

And that's the truth! 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I'd make every player on the team available except Rondo.  Other than Rondo, every single player would be available.  If I could get Josh Smith in place of Jeff Green, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  If I could revisit getting Bledsoe and Jordan from the Clips for KG, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'd sign Kyle Korver or trade Terry for him.  I'd also try to get one of Milwaukee's guards - preferable Monta Ellis.  I'd also make a play for O.J. Mayo and give up Courtney Lee or Brandon Bass in return.

I'd look to send Pierce to a contender who is one veteran scorer away from a title (Golden State or Denver).  I'd even consider sending Pierce to LA for Pau Gasol.  If not that, I'd try to get a combination of younger players and draft picks for Pierce.

I'd get a quality backup PG and two backup bigs.  If my bigs next year were DeAndre Jordan, Sully, Dalembert, Gasol, Josh Smith and Melo, I'd go to war with that front court.  And in mid-season, I'd go out and not hesitate signing someone like Kenyon Martin or Chris Anderson if they were available.

AB would also be available as he is strictly an on-ball defender.  He can be completely exposed defensively and when he is, he's useless overall.  He is an offensive liability.  Even if Rondo were out there passing the ball, he has no confidence in his shot.

Bottom line, this team is a mess.  It's a mix of players who really don't play well or play well together.

Total change, bring back Lawrence Frank as our defensive coach and coach up guys on the offensive and defensive sets.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from candre99. Show candre99's posts

what makes u think these teams would take these players

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from JG9000. Show JG9000's posts

true change can't happen untill Danny Ainge and Doc Rivers are fired. this team is an embarrassment to Celtics fans.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

candre99, these guys are decent role players for the right team, just not for the Celtics.  The Celtics wanted Terry to come in and be Ray Allen (although nobody will admit it).  Courtney Lee came in to start until AB returned.  Honestly, both Lee and AB are backups at best but for the Celtics, they were expected to be starters at times.  Bass would be a decent mid-range shooting backup PF playing behind a solid PF like Aldridge (Port) or a team that doesn't need to depend on his contribution like the Celtics do.  He's a backup at best but his role with the Celtics is unrealistic.

If a team like Atlanta loses Korver, they would need a spot up shooter like Terry.  And they have players who would open Terry up for those open shots (see Ray in Miami).

Ray's a good example of what I'm talking about.  Had Ray stayed, he would have had a much greater role in Boston and the expectations would have been greater.  And when he was not able to reach those expectations, we would be in the same place.

The fact that the Celtics have NO PLAYERS capable of allowing players like AB, Bass, Lee, Terry and Green to be who they are is the main reason we had a mediocre season.

We've hinged our success this season on a bunch of average, at best, backups and role players and two guys who got real old and showed it all season.  The Celtics need to go find (that's Danny's job) two 18-20 point-capable scorers this offseason (Ellis, Josh Smith, O.J. Mayo).  We can teach the defense.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from zeitgeist49. Show zeitgeist49's posts

In response to Eldunker's comment:

Excellent post. I would add, the Celts need a competent GM. Also, they should hold onto AB. Bradley has made good strides and will continue to get better.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Be careful what you wish for Cs fans! You do not want to turn this team into the LA Lakers!

No one is perfect in their professional life! No one!! 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

The only player I would keep is Sullinger - granted the back issue is a concern.  I would shop Green while his value is high.  I just don't like his now-you-see-it-now-you-don't game.  Get rid of the veterans and allow Green to establish his identity....if there is one.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

The Boston Celtics are not a collection of garbage! 

I will always support the Cs, win or lose! 

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Yeah it's all Rondo's fault even though he's not even playing. 

You can't blow up a team that is full of players nobody wants (except Rondo).

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

teejaytee70, if we got an offer for Sully, he'd go too.  A 6'8" non-athletic big guy with a back issue in his rookie year is not exactly who is going to be a long-term solution.  Guys like Dejuan Blair, Big Baby and possibly Sullinger come out the box like gang busters but eventually level out.  Sully is a bull but can he be that effective long-term is the question.

So, again, for me, everyone besides Rondo is available.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from SFBostonFan. Show SFBostonFan's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

I'd make every player on the team available except Rondo.  Other than Rondo, every single player would be available.  If I could get Josh Smith in place of Jeff Green, I'd do it in a heartbeat.  If I could revisit getting Bledsoe and Jordan from the Clips for KG, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

I'd sign Kyle Korver or trade Terry for him.  I'd also try to get one of Milwaukee's guards - preferable Monta Ellis.  I'd also make a play for O.J. Mayo and give up Courtney Lee or Brandon Bass in return.

I'd look to send Pierce to a contender who is one veteran scorer away from a title (Golden State or Denver).  I'd even consider sending Pierce to LA for Pau Gasol.  If not that, I'd try to get a combination of younger players and draft picks for Pierce.

I'd get a quality backup PG and two backup bigs.  If my bigs next year were DeAndre Jordan, Sully, Dalembert, Gasol, Josh Smith and Melo, I'd go to war with that front court.  And in mid-season, I'd go out and not hesitate signing someone like Kenyon Martin or Chris Anderson if they were available.

AB would also be available as he is strictly an on-ball defender.  He can be completely exposed defensively and when he is, he's useless overall.  He is an offensive liability.  Even if Rondo were out there passing the ball, he has no confidence in his shot.

Bottom line, this team is a mess.  It's a mix of players who really don't play well or play well together.

Total change, bring back Lawrence Frank as our defensive coach and coach up guys on the offensive and defensive sets.

=========================================

Excellent analysis above, yes indeed ! First, let me say, I hate the Lakers but if Kobe were healthy---has much more heart & skills than PP---just he and Howard & Gasol would be giving the Spurs a battle. Anyway, I'm sorry KG didn't waive his no trade and he didn't go to the Clippers...I would rather have had Bledsoe & DeAndre Jordan and I'm not being a Monday morning qtrback. I would love to trade PP for Gasol, two old guys straight up and he'd be in the land of his roots, So. Cal. but better still, although in No. Cal, I'd love PP to go to GS and for us to get one of the best PFs in the game, reminds me of Dave Cowens, David Lee. GS might have beaten Denver with Lee not hurt. Yup, I'd keep Rondo with a whole new group of people. I've liked Jess Green but he has been too inconsistent & Josh Smith straight up would be a great deal. Just wanted to end and say I too like Monta Ellis(used to see him alot at GS games) and OJ Mayo. And, if we had Gasol, maybe DeAndre Jordan & kept Sully and Melo developed, I'd go after Kenyon Martin whom we should have had this year & I'd even put up with the Birdman & all his tattoes in Green. Now, we'd be a factor in the Post especially with David Lee & Josh Smith & Rondo & OJ Mayo as Guards...definitely a contender.

Cousins & Evans too would be good pickups.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

I think that "Fierce" is actually Danny Ainge! He is the only one that doesn't realize that Danny Ainge has made foolish move after foolish move since the C's won their last title!

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from tomobo. Show tomobo's posts

In response to teejaytee70's comment:

The only player I would keep is Sullinger - granted the back issue is a concern.  I would shop Green while his value is high.  I just don't like his now-you-see-it-now-you-don't game.  Get rid of the veterans and allow Green to establish his identity....if there is one.

I'm not entirely sold on Green yet either. His lack of an in between game and neglecting his weaker hand denotes either laziness or lack of basketball IQ. Being blessed w/ incredible althetic skill sometimes is accompanied w/ complacency. It may also be connected w/ what appears to be a deficiency of physical and mental toughness. The heart ailment certainly was a set back. I'm beginning to feel that his ceiling is forming right before our eyes. The same goes for Rondo. One can mature mentally after age 27, but mechanical hitches appear harder to reverse. If we decide to keep the both of them(or one or the other) I hope they both surprise me(not if they're on other teams, of course)...

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

In response to Petey62's comment:

teejaytee70, if we got an offer for Sully, he'd go too.  A 6'8" non-athletic big guy with a back issue in his rookie year is not exactly who is going to be a long-term solution.  Guys like Dejuan Blair, Big Baby and possibly Sullinger come out the box like gang busters but eventually level out.  Sully is a bull but can he be that effective long-term is the question.

So, again, for me, everyone besides Rondo is available.

I agree concerning Sullinger.  If we get a good offer, then I would trade him simply due to the fact that his game is physical and it does not bode well if he already has back issues.  His lack of athleticism does not concern me in the least.  His basketball IQ makes up for that and more.  He was very close to cracking the starting lineup when he went down with this injury.  His minutes were starting to hit 30-plus.  If it weren't for his back issue, I would say Sullinger is someone to build around.

As for Rondo, I'm not so sure....and I was a Rondo fan, but I cannot deny that this team and the offense functioned better after Rondo went down.  I think he's brilliant at running the half court offense, but he holds the ball too much now.  He really does seem stat hungry.  He no longer advances the ball upcourt with a pass - seems like he doesn't want someone else to get the assist or there is simply no one ahead of him.  I don't know, but he can't hold the ball as much as he does now because the offense stagnates.  I don't know if he is going to be willing to change that.  His difficult personality is a concern and I'm concerned what happens when his current contract is up.  I do not want to give him a max deal.  If the deal is right, then ship him out.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

In response to BCSP's comment:

The Boston Celtics are not a collection of garbage! 

I will always support the Cs, win or lose! 

True. Lets not forget the past 5 years, which were great.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Green needs to develop his game between the dunk and 3 pt shot. Step-back jumper anyone?

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

i get DA has tried to trade RR already, and maybe more than once. the problem is getting the right deal. everybody is aware of the rondo negatives that come with the rondo positives.