Board Bios

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: Board Bios

In Response to Board Bios:
    I wanted to get a better sense of who some of you guys are as people. We're on here everyday and night and wanted to know more about some of you besides a screen name. Who knows we may be related in some way...well hopefully no one claims P34 but that's another story. :-) (just joking) If you want to just tell some things about yourself...hometown, college, family, job, age, how you became a C's fan. I'm 47 went to college at NC A&T and played ball. I'm a Network Systems Engineer. I live in Ashburn, Va (suburb of DC, MD and Va) Grew up in this area but lived in Atlanta and Orlando for a few years. Divorced and dating, no kids (none that I know of). I've been a C's fan when I saw Bird at ISU killing guys on the court and he was white, talkin trash and taking names. McAdoo, Bird, Magic, Russell and MJ have always been my favorite players.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I  knew you was a engineer. had to be.  Always wanting to change something.  Doesn't matter if its for the good or not.  Just change it.  Now I can tolerate you better, I understand where its coming from.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

In Response to Re: Board Bios:
    In Response to Board Bios : I  knew you was a engineer. had to be.  Always wanting to change something.  Doesn't matter if its for the good or not.  Just change it.  Now I can tolerate you better, I understand where its coming from.
    Posted by OneOnOne

LOL! We fix things when they're broken.

How could I forget Len Bias. Definately one of my favorite players and cool guys.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Board Bios : LOL! We fix things when they're broken. How could I forget Len Bias. Definately one of my favorite players and cool guys.
    Posted by BiasLewis

You guys fix a lot thats not broken also.  

Bias- favorite  player?   I never would have guessed that one.  LOL

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

In Response to Board Bios : I  knew you was a engineer. had to be.  Always wanting to change something.  Doesn't matter if its for the good or not.  Just change it.  Now I can tolerate you better, I understand where its coming from.
    Posted by OneOnOne

Guess that's why he always wants to "engineer" a trade.

HAHAHA!!!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Board Bios : Guess that's why he always wants to "engineer" a trade. HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34

Dang my grammer is bad

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I'm 37.  Born and raised in Los Angeles.  I'm a 6th grade Teacher & Realtor. I Graduated from Cal State Long Beach c/o 97. Married. I have 13 year old son who lives in College Park, Ga who is a big time FAKERS fan(influenced by his mom) and a 16 step-daughter.  Ive been a fan since waking up sunday mornings and seeing the Celtics and Sixers battle it out on CBS.  A fan since 1980.  My hobbies are bowling(164 avg) and drag racing!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from 003323344. Show 003323344's posts

I don't post much but been here awhile. I'm 53 grew up in southern NJ near Philadelphia. Went to Rutgers for my undergrad and Drexel for grad school. I'm a Computer Scientist working for the FAA. In the 70's when I should have been a Flyers fan I was a Bruins fan and still am. I liked them because of Orr and the gang. He is the best I ever saw then or since.

As for the Celtics I never was a big basketball fan until Bird arrived. Saw all the battles with him and Magic and Detroit. I have never seen a Celtics game in Boston but have seen them play the Sixers a couple of times in Philadelphia. I came very close to getting a ticket on stub hub for game 6 against the Lakers in 2008 and making the drive up to see them. I can kick myself for not going through with it.

I currently live in Cherry Hill, NJ still in southern NJ.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I live in southwest kansas.  My website is www.colestt.com and I'm a table tennis fanatic as well as bb.  I'm 43 years old, and have been a c's fan since bird's rookie year.  My favorite player was actually mchale, though.

I'm a computer and business teacher by day.  I've only seen the c's in person twice, both times in okc.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from beavis. Show beavis's posts

Hatched in Natick in mid-60's...funny, good-looking and have a real serious or "insatiable" appetite for Boston sports...except for Bruins, can't stand it...wish I knew as much as Bob Ryan...

Work in Law, but hate lawyers...

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from RickFox17. Show RickFox17's posts

Im 43 years old but look like im 28 years old some girls tell me which is a good thing I guess. I grew up in NY but moed to LA 11 years agao.  I am a multimedia event consultant and technician.  I have an 11 year old duaghter who was in here in LA but is a Celtics fan.  I started following the Celtics in NY when I first saw Larry Bird play basketball and said to myself this guy works hard, is not the greatest athlete in terms of leaping or running abilities and is a winner.  It made me wanna play like him cause I had to play basketball at age 13 against my black friends and had to use use Bird's basketball tools and style.  It was great and it worked.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

im 28, born in miami, lived there until i was 5 and then went to germany for 2 years. but because of the seperation between my mother and father, i traveled to miami for christmas' and during the long, hot summers between school. i moved from germany to new hampshire to kissimee, FL within the course of a year and a half before my step dad found out his father was terminal with cancer, so we moved up to massachusetts in 89. mostly a baseball fan at heart but love sports in general.

my little cousin, Jeff Locke was drafted by the atlanta braves in 06 out of high school and traded to the pirates where he most recently was at the AA level.

i now work for a collection agency(although im not a collector) and have no kids(thankfully)

GO HEAT!

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Jimmy42Jack0,

Um, GO HEAT??

Ok you're banned. LOL!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from colombiano. Show colombiano's posts

47 years old....Born in Cartagena, Colombia, South America. Immigrated to the USA [BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD} in 1978 straight to Manchester CT. Grew up following the Celts, Pats, Red Sox and even the Bruins. Executive for a premier world wide hair replacement & cosmetic company, with offices in Toronto, Hong Kong, Qingdao-China and West Palm Beach-FL....Business Administration Degree from Manchester Comm. College & also PBCC.  I live in Jupiter, Florida. Married with 2 kids. 5 sateliites dishes in my backyard. Love fast cars. Naopolitan Mastiff breeder.

I have been a Celtic fan since 1978, and have seen the GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY......

In Doc we trust!!!!   

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jimmy42Jack0. Show Jimmy42Jack0's posts

Jimmy42Jack0, Um, GO HEAT?? Ok you're banned. LOL!
    Posted by BiasLewis

what can i say? lebron took his talents to south beach while i brought my loyalties to near worcester

Wink

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

47 years old....Born in Cartagena, Colombia, South America. Immigrated to the USA [BEST COUNTRY IN THE WORLD} in 1978 straight to Manchester CT. Grew up following the Celts, Pats, Red Sox and even the Bruins. Executive for a premier world wide hair replacement & cosmetic company, with offices in Toronto, Hong Kong, Qingdao-China and West Palm Beach-FL....Business Administration Degree from Manchester Comm. College & also PBCC.  I live in Jupiter, Florida. Married with 2 kids. 5 sateliites dishes in my backyard. Love fast cars. Naopolitan Mastiff breeder. I have been a Celtic fan since 1978, and have seen the GOOD, THE BAD & THE UGLY...... In Doc we trust!!!!   
    Posted by colombiano

Colombiano,

Why do you have 5 Satellite dishes in your yard? I'm assuming so you can get International TV but FIVE!! Do you have DISH Network? Did you get stuck not having a multiplexer and had to keep adding dishes?

I have the KA KU 5 LNB Oval dish from DirecTV. I know satellite providers still have that big dish they put in yards for International TV.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Icon11. Show Icon11's posts

I am 45 years old, live in Portland Maine and started a prisoner rights non profit and run a program helping the homeless get housed. Married but not a fanatic about it.  Ha.

I've been a hardcore fan for 35 years or so...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

Isn't anyone here from Boston? lol  or at least Mass???

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

I am in my 40's, grew up in French Lick, Indiana. Attending Indiana U then transferred to Indiana State, where I starred on the basketball team.

Later I joined the Celtics and won a few NBA titles and am considered one of the greatest players in NBA history.

My name is Larry Bird (not joking)

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Driscoll92587. Show Driscoll92587's posts

I'm from Mass.  I'm still in college in the city and alot younger than most of you but I know my basketball in and out. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Originally from Milford, MA.
    Went to HS with Howie Long
    First from my town to go to basketball camp
    League All-Star 1978

College at HC (as opposed to BC)
    Ref since 1982, varsity boys and girls games
    Moved to Cape in 1995 when I got my first teaching job. 
    Been coaching since 1995
    Moved to sunny CA in 2007 (still coaching)
    HS math teacher
    Father - born in Milford, taught in Natick - lost him in 2008
    Mother - born in Natick, taught in Milford - lost her last week!
    2 step-daughters and 2 daughters

First game I ever saw - ND vs UCLA - when The Streak ended
    First game I ever attended - 1972 playoffs, Game 7 - NYK 92 BOS 78....:(
    Tough but not impossible to keep a green face on out here in lakers land!!

That'll do for now!!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from colombiano. Show colombiano's posts

In Response to Re: Board Bios : Colombiano, Why do you have 5 Satellite dishes in your yard? I'm assuming so you can get International TV but FIVE!! Do you have DISH Network? Did you get stuck not having a multiplexer and had to keep adding dishes? I have the KA KU 5 LNB Oval dish from DirecTV. I know satellite providers still have that big dish they put in yards for International TV.
    Posted by BiasLewis

Hey Bias-Lewis....It is a long story. Started in 1987 when I bought a 14 footer Orbitron Dish KU & C band in order to get New England Sport Network and watch the Celts & Sox games, and International Channels for soccer matches from Europe & Latin America. In those days the live feeds were all free....Then in the 90s I added a Ku 6 footer dish with circular polarity to get Colombian channels on satellite NS806.....then around 2006 I added 2 for Dish Network and one for Direct TV......Yeah the multiplexer helps but the problem is the amount of cables I have to deal with.... Best of luck to you!! 

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Age: 42. I'm in the media, so to speak. I'm a writer and consultant, own my own company (small business). That's why you see me posting here in different times - I do this when I'm taking short breaks from my work. That's also why I may not always follow up on conversation threads, the work can take me out of here for a while. I live in central Mass. Came out here for college in the mid-80s and never left. I admired the heck out of Larry Bird before I moved here but wasn't really a true fan at that point. However I admired his obvious work ethic, passion, and drive and wanted to try to emulate those qualities. Once I lived here I basically adopted the teams here in the late 80s/ early 90s and followed them through thick and thin from there. That means my first years rooting for the Celts they were pretty bad. I don't know if I will always live in the northeast, I'm not a huge fan of winter, but I can safely say I will be a Celts/Sox/Pats fan for the rest of my life, that's pretty much ingrained in me now. Bruins too except I don't follow hockey as closely, probably as it's too much for me to track Celts and Bruins and basketball comes first as I used to play before my knees gave me trouble. I was a pesky point guard like Rondo. Only I had a better three point shot LOL. Otherwise I wasn't very good but I loved playing.

p.s. I should add I started out very anonymously here as I wasn't sure how long I would stick around. But I'm overall liking it here. I like strong conversation with intelligent folks. I'm not fond of trolls, and that includes some homers (aka "concern trolls,"), but I will say I am not here to make enemies so even if I criticize someone I will take their next post with an open mind. Except when they go ignore but I try not to ignore people unless they are axe grinders.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Bias,

I'm 60, live in Maryland.  I'm from the technology fields and am now retired.  I'm an engineer and business combined major (yes, strange mix) who benefitted by building a business in technology's high growth period of the 80's and early 90's.   

Have 3 wonderful, grown kids and a lovely wife who's stuck with me during good times and bad (and I have her liking the Celtics as well!!!).

I've lived all over the world (from New Jersey to California to Alaska to Europe) and I'm glad I have a team to pull for that's recognized and followed by people everywhere.  My father was a HUGE Celtics fan as he loved Bill Russell and he love the fact that Auerbach was the first to field a team of multiple players where the color of their skin didn't matter.   I loved the stories of how tight the old Celtics teams were no matter how racist the city or the country was - they stuck together.   So, I fell in love with them (like father like son).  I've loved them in the good times like (in no particular order) Cowens and Havlicek and Jo Jo to Nate Archibald to Reggie and Bird, McHale, Parish, DJ, Danny and through the bad of those lean years.  Antoine may be my second or third favorite Celtic because through those bad times, he bled green. No matter how much fans blamed him for the bad years (which were NOT his fault), he still bled green.    

I love this team and when the current Big 3 are gone and we are no longer contenders.....I'll love the new guys, as well.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

And in case you didn't figure out who's my favorite Celtic - its Bill Russell, then Larry Bird/Antoine with Jo Jo White close behind.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from PierceIsTheTruth. Show PierceIsTheTruth's posts

29, from western mass. went to first celtics game in 93 vs washington bullets. fan ever since. i wanted to see that big 7ft center play, but he never did. celtics lost, go figure.

Sections
Shortcuts