Board Negativity

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from jerseycfan. Show jerseycfan's posts

Board Negativity

Sames as 2008 with the Big Trades.  Due to unfortunate circumstances Green and Kristic could have really helped this club.  Glad they started winning because I have had a hard time coming to this board as a C fan.....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Re: Board Negativity

you mean the criticism of a player one day then praises the next day after one good game.......or the constant trade proposals before the team has had a chance to come together.......or the declarations that Pierce is old and fat only to watch him killing other teams now......or the declaration that KG is pathetic only to see him playing great defense now and passing like no other big man.......or the new claims that the Celtics may be better off without Rondo and Ray?

Hang in there, buddy.  The negativity is par for the course for a few posters on this board but we all love the C's.  Some folks just have a difficult time being patient with the team.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from basketbert. Show basketbert's posts

Well, Pierce did look very bad a couple weeks ago, and I don't think many posters here would have forecast his turnaround. I do think one can knock him for being out of shape, heel injury or not. I mean, he's a professional, incredibly well-paid athlete, right.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Board Negativity:
    Well, Pierce did look very bad a couple weeks ago, and I don't think many posters here would have forecast his turnaround. I do think one can knock him for being out of shape, heel injury or not. I mean, he's a professional, incredibly well-paid athlete, right.
    Posted by basketbert

I posted a similar thought on another thread.  Even on Comcast I heard many (Gary, Jackie McMillan, among others), say that it appeared that Pierce and KG were both out of shape to begin the season.  In their opinion that was the main reason for their slow start.  Definitely not good for veteran players.  You would expect this from some of the younger players, but not veterans. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from notrade. Show notrade's posts

In Response to Re: Board Negativity : I posted a similar thought on another thread.  Even on Comcast I heard many (Gary, Jackie McMillan, among others), say that it appeared that Pierce and KG were both out of shape to begin the season.  In their opinion that was the main reason for their slow start.  Definitely not good for veteran players.  You would expect this from some of the younger players, but not veterans. 
    Posted by susan250

Ah its nice to see 2 posters expect to see a guy getting paid 15 million a year to come in shape.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

The uniqueness of this season's start threw us all a curve on Pierce and hopefully KG.   The effort this  team is putting out makes them worth watching and gives us some encouragement for what will be brutal road trips in the coming weeks.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

you mean the criticism of a player one day then praises the next day after one good game.......or the constant trade proposals before the team has had a chance to come together.......or the declarations that Pierce is old and fat only to watch him killing other teams now......or the declaration that KG is pathetic only to see him playing great defense now and passing like no other big man.......or the new claims that the Celtics may be better off without Rondo and Ray? Hang in there, buddy.  The negativity is par for the course for a few posters on this board but we all love the C's.  Some folks just have a difficult time being patient with the team.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

No one knows where the Celtics will end up this season. Speculation is the reason for us to blog here and express our frustrations.  I know you know that, so consider the many types of people that find it logical to throw up trades and ask for changes in the rotations.  Just think of them as the complainers and the ballon bursters.  I vacillate between the two, you seem more of a ballon burster. It is what makes this board go.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from MrJohnnyMost. Show MrJohnnyMost's posts

A couple of weeks ago this team was SLOW!

Glacial.

It was difficult to see light. Painful to watch.

Now they are finally moving, like crash test dummies miraculously sprung to life. I'm digging it.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

Well, they did test the faith but I was claiming that the Celts will need 20 games to figure things out.  It is getting better but they are not done yet.  They also need to figure more ways to get the offense going.  Atleast one more way other than through Paul Pierce.

I will not mind a 5-6 seed and I will not mind Sheed coming back.  He may be old but he has belief.  If he gets in OK shape, I will cut Steamer just to get his attitude.  This team can do very well just by believing in themselves.

Looks like Rondo may be gone this season.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from bobbestgolf. Show bobbestgolf's posts

GREAT POSTS SHOWS WHAT PATIENCE CAN DO. ONCE THE BENCH AND ROOKIES GET MOORE PLAYING TIME THE STRONGER THE C'S WILL BE. TRADES WON'T CURE FATHER TIME USE THEDRAFT PICKS TO SELECT THE BEST AND SEE WHAT RESULTS WE GET. TRUE KG MAY RETIRE UT DON'T COUNT ON IT. HE'LL FINISH HIS CONTRACT, RAY WILL RETURN WITH MORE FOCUS AND RONDO WILL BE OK ONCE HEALD FOR THE PLAY OOFS. LET'S HOPE MIAMI SUCCUMBS TO INJURY TO LEBRICK AND BOOSH.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Well, they did test the faith but I was claiming that the Celts will need 20 games to figure things out.  It is getting better but they are not done yet.  They also need to figure more ways to get the offense going.  Atleast one more way other than through Paul Pierce. I will not mind a 5-6 seed and I will not mind Sheed coming back.  He may be old but he has belief.  If he gets in OK shape, I will cut Steamer just to get his attitude.  This team can do very well just by believing in themselves. Looks like Rondo may be gone this season.
    Posted by prakash

Where do you get he is out for the season?  He'll be back.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In Response to Re: Board Negativity : Where do you get he is out for the season?  He'll be back.
    Posted by concord27

Oh, I didn't mean the injury.  I meant a trade.  Danny might move him this season.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamLock. Show JamLock's posts

you mean the criticism of a player one day then praises the next day after one good game.......or the constant trade proposals before the team has had a chance to come together.......or the declarations that Pierce is old and fat only to watch him killing other teams now......or the declaration that KG is pathetic only to see him playing great defense now and passing like no other big man.......or the new claims that the Celtics may be better off without Rondo and Ray? Hang in there, buddy.  The negativity is par for the course for a few posters on this board but we all love the C's.  Some folks just have a difficult time being patient with the team.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

Concur.

As Always,

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

You're mistaking passion for negativity.  As fans, we are emotionally invested in the Celtic's fortunes.  We are also keenly aware of both their strengths and weaknesses.  Because we post with our hearts as much or more than our heads, when they are on a roll we are going to magnify their strengths and when they slump, we are going to do the same with their weaknesses.
    What's the chief weakness of this team.  The age  of their key players, hence the call for DA to "blow it up" when things don't look so good.
    If this was a "negative" board, you'ld see  a great deal  of negative posts when the C's were winning.
    I  don't see that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JustWords. Show JustWords's posts

Posted by Celtsfan4life

Amen.  This is like a bipolar support group where nobody is supportive.  Bostonians are just not a friendly bunch, which is why I so seldom post.  I like reading for the occasional informative comment, and to follow the team (especially since I don' get to see many games), but your assessment couldn't be more right.  You're being kind, really.

And yes, I lived there 25 years.  I was born there.  I'm not really a hater so much as "done" - with the 'tude.  You don't realize how ridiculous and awful it is until you live elsewhere and then visit; like a smell in an old apartment you never recognized was so foul until you go back to see your old roommate.

Worst part?  People are proud of it.  What a shame.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Well, they did test the faith but I was claiming that the Celts will need 20 games to figure things out.  It is getting better but they are not done yet.  They also need to figure more ways to get the offense going.  Atleast one more way other than through Paul Pierce. I will not mind a 5-6 seed and I will not mind Sheed coming back.  He may be old but he has belief.  If he gets in OK shape, I will cut Steamer just to get his attitude.  This team can do very well just by believing in themselves. Looks like Rondo may be gone this season.
    Posted by prakash

Interesting that you mention Rasheed.  I started a thread that he lives in the Boston area.  A friend's niece is in school with his son.  Someone told me that he is originally from Connecticut which would be an explanation of why he is living in New England.  I am still not sure that he would return to the Celtics, although, we certainly could use him.   I am optimistic that Rondo won't be out for longer than a month. 

Sections
Shortcuts