Bob Ryan on Rondo

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Bob Ryan on Rondo

Told Tanguay on CSN, That Rondo was a selfish assist guy, who holds on to the ball too long and passes up shots trying for the perfect pass so he can get an assist, and is not optimistic, he will ever change!!  I guess that makes Ryan a Rondo hater!!

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Re: Bob Ryan on Rondo

Ryan is a blowhard who doesn't hesitate to criticize the Celtics and pounce whenever things aren't going well.

He's not telling us anything we didn't see with our own eyes. We all knew and can see what the problems were. I wonder why he wasn't saying this BEFORE the injury.

Bob Ryan STFU

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

Ryan has never liked Rondo. He always has said he goes too much for the assist and doesn't shoot well.

Here is what he said.

"My question is, is he sitting and watching and taking notes and reevaluating himself?" Ryan wondered. "We now can see, and didn't I sit here and tell you he was the selfish assist guy? He holds the ball for too long in order to get the assists, passes up shots … all which is true in my judgment. Ok, next year does he change? Or does he say, 'I'm Rajon Rondo. I was going to start in the All-Star game. I'm the best point guard in the NBA.' If he comes back with that attitude, next year is going to be a big mess. If he comes back with the appropriate team religion, they'll benefit greatly, but I'm not thinking that's going to happen."

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill24. Show JamezHill24's posts

well if BOB RYAN said it, i dont think theres any question!!

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to JamezHill24's comment:

Bob Ryan never met a microphone he didn't like! LOL! 

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

We have  been so blessed in Boston to have both Bob ( the game isn't over until I write about it) Ryan and Shank (let's write a book bashing the first Red Sox title in 86 years) Shaughnessy.

I can understand Ryan, as a BC grad, being a idiot, but Shank is a Crusader.........it's embarassing!!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

I once met Ryan with another los angeles sports reporter I knew during the 1984 finals in Los Angeles.  It was game three I think and I was young and excited to meet him.  The great Bob Ryan of the Globe told me the Celtics didn't have a chance.  I was surprised and told him the Celtics would win.  He talked to me for a few minutes like I was some diehard Boston fan that couldn't be objective.

The Celtics of course won and he went to talk ad nauseum of the great glory of the win.   

I don't put much in his insider's view after that.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Ryan is a blowhard who doesn't hesitate to criticize the Celtics and pounce whenever things aren't going well.

He's not telling us anything we didn't see with our own eyes. We all knew and can see what the problems were. I wonder why he wasn't saying this BEFORE the injury.

Bob Ryan STFU

Maybe we all knew and could see what the problems were... but damn few had the 'nads to actually say these things out loud.

Better late than never Bobaloo... and yet the whining/wailing/crybabying/bedwetting continues right here, right now in this thread at this late date.

Folks just don't want to hear the truth.

Deal with it, ladies.

Pud

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

In response to BirdLewsBias' comment:

Bob Ryan STFU

Maybe we all knew and could see what the problems were... but damn few had the 'nads to actually say these things out loud.

Better late than never Bobaloo... and yet the whining/wailing/crybabying/bedwetting continues right here, right now in this thread at this late date.

Folks just don't want to hear the truth.

Deal with it, ladies.

Pud

Yes, you do the whining and bedwetting daily. 

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

He is more reliable and knowledgeable than you are Jamez. He is a Nationally respected sprots analyst......... I know, I know, Jamez.....RONDO's DA MAN! And I am a racist, Rondo HATER because I think the Celtics are better off without a selfish "team" mate. I know, I know, Already! Talk about blind love! 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to RallyC's comment:

He is more reliable and knowledgeable than you are Jamez. He is a Nationally respected analyst. I know, I know, RONDO IS THE MAN......

And Danny Ainge, Doc Rivers, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, are all more knowledgeable than you.   Doesn't seem to stop you from giving your opinion. Why should James stop with his because Bob Ryan says so? I know know I know Rondo is the source of all our problems. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

He is more reliable and knowledgeable than you are Jamez. He is a Nationally respected analyst. I know, I know, RONDO IS THE MAN......

And Danny Ainge, Doc Rivers, Larry Bird, Magic Johnson, are all more knowledgeable than you.   Doesn't seem to stop you from giving your opinion. Why should James stop with his because Bob Ryan says so? I know know I know Rondo is the source of all our problems. 

OK, Mrs. Jamez. Thanks for chiming in. I bet you girls get you some Rondo this weekend now that he's not playing. Ha! Opinions? you don't have an opinion when your words contradict what we are all seeing. DOC, Danny, and the rest are playing psychology so tht they can dump your boyfriend. Its called doing business. But you wouldn't know about that would you? How many $19.99 gadgets you have in your house from TV ads dude? 

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Danny puts up a good front, but there is no denying he has tried to trade him more then once, and i'm sure would do so again, if a deal he thought would help the Celtics came along.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from RallyC. Show RallyC's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

Danny puts up a good front, but there is no denying he has tried to trade him more then once, and i'm sure would do so again, if a deal he thought would help the Celtics came along.

KY, its hard explaining basic buisiness concepts and salesmanship to these folks. They don't want to believe what their own eyes are telling them. Sad.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

A handful of posters here have been calling out Rondo for some time now.... the bandwagon is getting many more passengers in the past few weeks...

I dont know what Bob Ryans been saying in the past, but if hes coming out now for the first time about Rondo, in the regard we talk about him, then it doesnt mean too much...

Observe and notice it before the rest of the world is blogging and providing articles and commentary on tv..   but youre welcome on the bandwagon

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

Also, it is beyond moronic to say it's salemanship because you are not the great Kreshkin and cannot read Danny Ainge's mind. Your saying that is the equivellent of me saying bob Ryan is writes what he writes just to sell papers and that there is no honesty behind it. 

KY, its hard explaining basic buisiness concepts and salesmanship to these folks. They don't want to believe what their own eyes are telling them. Sad.

He tried to trade him for Chris Paul and Westbrook. Two pretty outstanding players. hardly an argument that Rondo isn't good. 

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

If it is a fact that Rondo has a personal priority on piling up his assist stats then he isn't doing the Celtics any favors. It is nothing more than a FEEL GOOD STAT for the hometown fans and has very little value in determining a teams success.

Seems

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

Also, it is beyond moronic to say it's salemanship because you are not the great Kreshkin and cannot read Danny Ainge's mind. Your saying that is the equivellent of me saying bob Ryan is writes what he writes just to sell papers and that there is no honesty behind it. 

He tried to trade him for Chris Paul and Westbrook. Two pretty outstanding players. hardly an argument that Rondo isn't good. 

He wasn't good enough that the other teams would do the trade. The Hornets knew they were losing Paul and still wouldn't trade him for Rondo.  Ever wonder why?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

He wasn't good enough that the other teams would do the trade. The Hornets knew they were losing Paul and still wouldn't trade him for Rondo.  Ever wonder why?

Right, but the point is Danny Ainge thought he was good enough to offer in trade for those players. Implying Ainge thinks Rondo is a good player.

So some people think Jamez should shut up because bob Ryan knows more than he does. I would offer that if that is the case then the person making that point should shutup as well because Bird, Ainge and Magic, know more than he does.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

OK, Mrs. Jamez. Thanks for chiming in. I bet you girls get you some Rondo this weekend now that he's not playing. Ha! Opinions? you don't have an opinion when your words contradict what we are all seeing. DOC, Danny, and the rest are playing psychology so tht they can dump your boyfriend. Its called doing business. But you wouldn't know about that would you? How many $19.99 gadgets you have in your house from TV ads dude? 

I don't why you think I'm gay with Jamez your wife doesn't. She and I are very friendly. but I digress speaking of the joys your wife has for a real man and neglect to mention that you completly dodged the point. Which is because you know your point wasn't valid and are upset someone called you on the fact that you are an idiot.  

This is a bit much, don't you think?  If you don't agree, fine, but you are out of line here!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I don't why you think I'm gay with Jamez your wife doesn't. She and I are very friendly. but I digress speaking of the joys your wife has for a real man and neglect to mention that you completly dodged the point. Which is because you know your point wasn't valid and are upset someone called you on the fact that you are an idiot.  

This is a bit much, don't you think?  If you don't agree, fine, but you are out of line here!

Total agreement, way over the line!!

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:

I don't see how it is more out of line than calling me "Mrs Jamez" and saying "I bet you girls get you some Rondo this evening". He got personal first. I retaliated.