Boozer and Bulls '14 pick in salary dump for expiring?

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Re: Boozer and Bulls '14 pick in salary dump for expiring?

In response to Mployee8's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Brown (#19) and Fox (#24) were damn good picks given the slots Gavitt had to pick in verses #10 for Pitino (Pierce fell like Sully) and #6 for M.L. Carr .... That's comparing apples to oranges to make your point and it's a failure.

[/QUOTE]

Gavitt had 4 drafts to work with and Brown, Fox, Jon Barry (a jacka## who heldout but not Gavitt's fault) and Acie Earl all in the 19-24 range was just as good a 4 year run as Danny from 2010-2013 (Bradley, Jujuan Johnson, Sully and Melo) in that same range.

When you cherry pick those are the results you can get. 

Had Gavitt been allowed to keep running the show we all know he would have picked Eddie Jones in 1994 (his suggestion from his demoted Board of Director's chair over Montross), kept Chris Ford as the head coach (he was down with Gavitt's plan to tank), NEVER signed Wilkins, Pervis and Barros and likely gotten top 5 picks in 1995 and 1996 and actually had a TON of cap space when Lewis's contract Stern shamefully kept on our books came off. You know, the space Pitino used on Travis Knight and Chris Mills, only twice as much of it.

I'm guessing that in 1997 Ford is moved up into the front office and Gavitt let's Larry coach if he wants to, or hires Bird's first choice Larry Brown over Pitino (who demanded front office powers Brown did not) and steps aside as head decision maker in favor of Bird. At that point his job of rebuilding the Celtics in the post big three 90's after a 72 year old Red ruined everything in 1989 would be complete and at age 60 he could take a back seat to the 40 year old Bird.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

Too bad nobody was asking you to prove what Dave Gavitt did or did not do over 4 years as CEO.

You were asked: 'What set the 1990's rebuild back further, Red's '89 deadline/draft decisions or Gavitt's decisions after Bird retired in '92 and Reggie died in '93?' Because YOU said Gavitt set the rebuild back after those two events, and I said 'yeah, probably, but his hands were tied by then, Red set the rebuild back MORE.' and you foolishly decided to disagree with the facts.

You FAILED to prove Gavitt's 'Unable to really do anything' approach was worse than Red's 'mess up everything by doing the opposite of what everyone else in the organization wanted' approach.

Hahaha

rame

Both you and I are Celtic fans, right?

From the 1950s up to 1986 Red Auerbach was responsible for the Celtics' 16 NBA championships.

Dave Gavitt was then hired in 1990 to take over for Red Auerbach.

Gavitt was then fired in 1994.

From Danny Ainge to Chris Wallace to Rick Pitino to ML Carr, all of them made something happen or did something that took the Celtics further than the 1st round of the playoffs.

ML Carr took over for Gavitt in 1994 and was replaced by Rick Pitino in 1997.

So what will Carr be remembered for?

The tanking in 1996-97, right?

But Carr also drafted Antoine Walker in 1996.

Toine became an All-Star player.

Chris Wallace took over when Pitino stepped down.

What did Wallace do that Celtic fans will remember?

He traded Joe Johnson for Rodney Rogers and Tony Delk in 2002 and the Celts went to the east finals that year, right?

So you see, rame, almost every front office man the Celts hired, except Gavitt, did something good.

Worst thing Wallace did for the Celtics was trading Pau to the Lakers for a bag of peanuts. Kobe would not have won any of the recent titles without him. Sealed

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to CeltsFanInNH's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Worst thing Wallace did for the Celtics was trading Pau to the Lakers for a bag of peanuts. Kobe would not have won any of the recent titles without him. Sealed

[/QUOTE]

Ha, at the time I thought that trade was very unfair, and most of the league cried foul, it really would have only been fair if Bynum were in the package instead of Kwame Brown.

But remember Marc Gasol went from LA in Memphis in that deal.

Marc averaged 13 points, 8 rebounds and a PER of 18 in the 6 seasons since that trade at an average cost of 8.5 million. He's 29 years old right now.

Pau was a 17.5/10 with a PER of 20 during that time but at an average cost of 18 million and is 33 years old.

Probably a toss-up as to which player most teams would have wanted the past 6 years. So the deal was fair a couple years into it, but not at the time when Marc was overweight and overseas and nobody knew he'd be a quality big.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

There is a 'what if's' for me from that season and that trade.

1. What if the trade was fair AT THE TIME and not a joke. Therefore Bynum was included and Marc Gasol stays a Laker? The rivalry between our teams would have been altered and the league would have had fun watching the brothers on the same team over the ornery thug Bynum.

Bynum played hurt in the 2010 finals after a nearly identical season as Marc Gasol. I would assume the outcome of those NBA finals would have been less painful for the C's if they were beaten in 6 instead of leading in the 4th quarter of a game 7... maybe... and butterfly effect probably means no Perk ACL injury when it was Bynum who made the contact with him.

So the trade everyone wanted, Harden for Perk, could have happened that summer and included Tony Allen signed and traded to OKC as a Kobe defender (Krstic still to Boston) and if the C's still signed both O'Neals to counter the Gasol brothers at least one would have been healthy for the playoffs with Kristic around as a starter. JON would have had his 4 month surgery right away in November and been back by March instead of opting for 5-6 weeks of rehab and maybe Shaq doesn't have the ankle/foot issue if he's not played as much.

2011 NBA Championship is Celts vs. ______, that we know would have happened with Harden on Wade and a healthy big against the Heat.

Are the Mavs still better than LA if it is the friendly Gasol brothers instead of the hated Bynum on the roster?

Are the Mavs still better than the Thunder with Perkins having a whole year with them and no surgery, Tony Allen hounding Terry and Stephenson (Harden had two good games and a Dud) while Jeff Green was another option to throw at Dirk as they played Collison like 36 mins a night on him that series.

2012 is crazy as Thunder would lose Green to heart surgery and obv have no Harden and Celtics would have been able to be in a stronger position as a player like David West may have wanted to come here with an exciting Harden/Rondo backcourt. Spurs probably get to the finals, old and gassed like Boston, and seeing who laid the claim to being a better PF KG/Duncan (undercard Rondo/Parker for better PG) would have been fun. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

rame

The thing is I turned you into the next Mployee.

You're arguing with me and talking about Fiercy until 3am or 5am.

Posters here are already starting to ignore you because you're acting like Fiercy and Mployee.

I already accomplished what I set out to do.

[/QUOTE]

Fungus, you are quite the masochist. You have  cleverly groomed both #8 and rame to beat the living snot out of you .

How utterly brilliant.

Pud

[/QUOTE]

+1000

Hahahahahaha

He sets out to lose all the arguments he starts and come off as an even WORSE person than we already know him to be.

Hahahaha

What a guy!

[/QUOTE]

Why pay for humiliation at his favorite S&M parlor when fungus can post 50X a day, get all the punishment  he wants here... and never have to bother undressing.

Pud

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

My fellows celtics fan.

Lets forget all the trades predictions.It is over.Lets enjoy the last 27 games and let Danny do his job.I believe some moves will be made after the seasson.The celtics are not too faraway of being a good team.Lets support our team.Go Danny,keep up the good work.We are going in the right directio.Go celtics.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to debrit's comment:

[QUOTE]

My fellows celtics fan.

Lets forget all the trades predictions.It is over.Lets enjoy the last 27 games and let Danny do his job.I believe some moves will be made after the seasson.The celtics are not too faraway of being a good team.Lets support our team.Go Danny,keep up the good work.We are going in the right directio.Go celtics.

[/QUOTE]

I totally agree with you.

The problem is some of these Celtic fans are only happy when they're talking about trades that never happen.

I only missed one Celtic game this season and only watched the 4th qtr of the Celtics vs. Suns the other day.

But nobody made a Celtics vs. Suns game thread until I started posting here at 11pm.

I think some of the Celtic fans here just get excited when it's about who the Celtics trade.

Seriously, Joel Anthony and picks is VERY fair!

HAHAHA

[/QUOTE]

Two first round picks for restricted FA Gordon Hayward would have been VERY fair.

Fiercy was mocked by all in the thread he started trying to say that trade idea was laughable and then he tried to lie and say it was an Anthony for Hayward swap when Anthony was just in it to make the $ work.

So pathetic of him, but when he's wrong that's what he does.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Two first round picks for restricted FA Gordon Hayward would have been VERY fair.

Fiercy was mocked by all in the thread he started trying to say that trade idea was laughable and then he tried to lie and say it was an Anthony for Hayward swap when Anthony was just in it to make the $ work.

So pathetic of him, but when he's wrong that's what he does.

[/QUOTE]

What???

I told you it will NEVER happen, right?

You kept saying it was VERY fair, but in the end it didn't happen.

So how could I be wrong when the result was NO GORDON HAYWARD FOR JOEL ANTHONY AND PICKS TRADE HAPPENED!

[/QUOTE]

You are wrong (like you often are) because you have no clue about the discussion. There was NO prediction dummy. It was 'going rate for Gordon Hayward is..' remember??

It was a fun discussion about fair value and all speculative and nobody thought it would happen by this deadline exactly like that.

But sportswriters and insiders were saying the Jazz might move Hayward for ONE 1st rd pick. My deal that you laughed at as being as joke of an offer was TWO first round picks. Multiple posters came on and said the deal was fair value and many said they wouldn't even do it.

Then you LIED and pretended picks weren't even involved and it was just Anthony for Hayward, until people called you out for being a slimy liar.

And you were laughed off your own thread.

THAT is why you were wrong.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Did Boozer get traded with the Bulls 1st rd pick in a salary dump Fiercy?

Hahahaha

That was yourt awful prediction that didn't pan out.

You only had to listen to Ram in December to know that trade idea was moronic and would never happen.

Good thing I don't make trade predictions. Just propose IDEAS that are FAIR and sit back and discuss them knowing the percentage of it happening is so low that a prediction is pointless.

Was the offer I made for Hayward fair? Yes VERY. Did you think it was? Nope, you laughed like a drunken idiot at it for days. Were you WRONG in doing so. 100%.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Boys, your constant bickering is getting very tiresome.

Moderators, wake up and eliminate the above junk.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts