Boozer and Bulls '14 pick in salary dump for expiring?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

Re: Boozer and Bulls '14 pick in salary dump for expiring?

Don't forget these marvelous predictions by Fungy:

Re: Is it likely............no trades by deadline??? posted at 2/12/2014 8:12 PM EST Fiercy Posts: 2055 First: 1/7/2014 Last: 2/20/2014 Don't worry, Pete, Danny will surprise you.

Re: Is it likely............no trades by deadline??? posted at 2/12/2014 8:12 PM EST Fiercy Posts: 2055 First: 1/7/2014 Last: 2/20/2014

Don't worry, Pete, Danny will surprise you.

Just two moves.

Trade Hump and Bass for expiring contracts or picks and we're done.

Re: Is it likely............no trades by deadline???

posted at 2/17/2014 12:21 PM EST

• Fiercy
    • First: 1/7/2014
    • Last: 2/20/2014

In response to Petey62's comment:

Are we willing to make a trade that benefits another team and not the Celtics?  I am really beginning to wonder if any team will give us something we need or can use that will help in our rebuild.

We, Celtics fans, are the only people who believe Bass and Bogans and Humphries are going to yield us quality players or picks.  It's just not going to happen.

And I, for one, am against DA trading these guys if it doesn't benefit us.  As much sense as it makes to move these guys, it's senseless to do it without getting some value in return.

There seems to be very little talk of pending trades.  Very few rumors this close to the deadline.  Why?

That's because a lot of trades will happen at the trade deadline.

Right now teams are posturing, waiting for someone else to make the first move.

And Ainge already made a trade that resulted in the Pistons getting a championship and the Celts not benefitting from it.

Remember the Chucky Atkins and Lindsey Hunter to Boston trade?

posted at 2/18/2014 7:52 PM EST

• Fiercy

I'm hearing a rumor of Bayless to Detroit for Wil Bynum.

If this is the trade deadline deal by DA, I'd consider the Celtics as having done nothing.

I'm really beginning to believe we will not make a deal by Thursday at 3 pm EST.

It doesn't seem like DA really wants to.

I'm not disappointed if that is the case.

No way Ainge doesn't make a move. Worst case scenario is Ainge only makes 1 trade  

posted at 2/18/2014 8:11 PM EST

• Fiercy

Fierce, I hear you but, again, if that one trade is Bayless for Wil Bynum, then I'm not considering that any real kind of deal.

I mean, doesn't seem like anybody wants Hump or Bass for what the Celtics are asking.  Besides, other teams are driving that deal happening.  Not the Celtics.

Also, it's being reported that DA is receiving calls about Rondo, Sully, Oly and Green.  Maybe that's just too many "irons in the fire" to focus on one good, meaningful deal.

What deal do you think DA will eventually make because there is nothing seemingly imminent as of now?

Bass and Hump will be gone.

Both players are really playing well and playoff teams would really benefit from having Bass or Hump.

The Suns or Bobcats would be ideal for Hump.

OKC would be ideal for Bass.

Worst case scenario is out of the two, Bass and Hump, only one gets traded.

jack nicholson

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

Joel Anthony and picks for Gordon Hayward also didn't happen, right?

Rondo for George Hill happened?

We both got it wrong.

The only difference between you and I is I don't pretend to be better than Red Auerbach.

No you don't

jack nicholson

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

rame

The thing is I turned you into the next Mployee.

You're arguing with me and talking about Fiercy until 3am or 5am.

Posters here are already starting to ignore you because you're acting like Fiercy and Mployee.

I already accomplished what I set out to do.

Fungus, you are quite the masochist. You have  cleverly groomed both #8 and rame to beat the living snot out of you .

How utterly brilliant.

Pud

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

Too bad nobody was asking you to prove what Dave Gavitt did or did not do over 4 years as CEO.

You were asked: 'What set the 1990's rebuild back further, Red's '89 deadline/draft decisions or Gavitt's decisions after Bird retired in '92 and Reggie died in '93?' Because YOU said Gavitt set the rebuild back after those two events, and I said 'yeah, probably, but his hands were tied by then, Red set the rebuild back MORE.' and you foolishly decided to disagree with the facts.

You FAILED to prove Gavitt's 'Unable to really do anything' approach was worse than Red's 'mess up everything by doing the opposite of what everyone else in the organization wanted' approach.

Hahaha

rame

Both you and I are Celtic fans, right?

From the 1950s up to 1986 Red Auerbach was responsible for the Celtics' 16 NBA championships.

Dave Gavitt was then hired in 1990 to take over for Red Auerbach.

Gavitt was then fired in 1994.

From Danny Ainge to Chris Wallace to Rick Pitino to ML Carr, all of them made something happen or did something that took the Celtics further than the 1st round of the playoffs.

ML Carr took over for Gavitt in 1994 and was replaced by Rick Pitino in 1997.

So what will Carr be remembered for?

The tanking in 1996-97, right?

But Carr also drafted Antoine Walker in 1996.

Toine became an All-Star player.

Chris Wallace took over when Pitino stepped down.

What did Wallace do that Celtic fans will remember?

He traded Joe Johnson for Rodney Rogers and Tony Delk in 2002 and the Celts went to the east finals that year, right?

So you see, rame, almost every front office man the Celts hired, except Gavitt, did something good.

Worst thing Wallace did for the Celtics was trading Pau to the Lakers for a bag of peanuts. Kobe would not have won any of the recent titles without him. Sealed

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

rame

The thing is I turned you into the next Mployee.

You're arguing with me and talking about Fiercy until 3am or 5am.

Posters here are already starting to ignore you because you're acting like Fiercy and Mployee.

I already accomplished what I set out to do.

Fungus, you are quite the masochist. You have  cleverly groomed both #8 and rame to beat the living snot out of you .

How utterly brilliant.

Pud

+1000

Hahahahahaha

He sets out to lose all the arguments he starts and come off as an even WORSE person than we already know him to be.

Hahahaha

What a guy!

Why pay for humiliation at his favorite S&M parlor when fungus can post 50X a day, get all the punishment  he wants here... and never have to bother undressing.

Pud

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

My fellows celtics fan.

Lets forget all the trades predictions.It is over.Lets enjoy the last 27 games and let Danny do his job.I believe some moves will be made after the seasson.The celtics are not too faraway of being a good team.Lets support our team.Go Danny,keep up the good work.We are going in the right directio.Go celtics.

20. This post has been removed.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from charliedarling. Show charliedarling's posts

Boys, your constant bickering is getting very tiresome.

Moderators, wake up and eliminate the above junk.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts