Born Again Krstic

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

Born Again Krstic

-

I hate to say I told you so, but . . . I told you so.  (big smiley face here)

I mean, I said that the new guys Danny got would be elevating their game once they got to the C's because of 1) Doc's coaching, 2) the Celtic system of team basketball, 3) the veteran Hall of Fame presence of the Big 3, 4) Rondo and the unselfish sharing of the basketball, and 5) the Celtic mystique.

Exhibit # 1  Take Krstic, For Instance

Krstic is like a kid in a candy shop. He hasn't had so many touches on the b-ball since his playground days.  And he's been a quick study on defense.  And he has good hands and finishes at the basket.  And he's only going to get better.

He's a hard worker and after seeing him catch the ball and finish at the basket or get the foul, and his soft touch on mid-range shots, well, let's just say that I now understand Danny's rationale for trading Perk.

Yes, yes, yes, our interior D suffers a bit, but not for Krstic's lack of trying. He will get it eventually, and with the adjustments the others will make there will not be much of a drop off in effectiveness in this department as was feared and predicted.

-

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

Re: Born Again Krstic

as for interior D, krstic is three times more mobile than perk was. 

perk really excelled at grinding and was terrible at setting pics and did not excel at showing, switching and switchbacks.

i'm glad he got his payday and we got krstic, a guy who was largely ignored as a fourth scoring option  on a team that didn't look to get him the ball except for incidentally.  here he will be a fourth scoring option that will be well used to get easy buckets!

now that we are looking to get him the ball and he's an able passer, shooter, finisher AND FT SHOOTER, we have advanced our offensive game significantly.  i can also foresee a davis-krstic interface that will do the bench wonders assuming shak starts.  two big guys with good floor vision, spacing and passing AND shooting abilities.

i can't come up with any downers other than we lost bulk. 

but to offset that, we also lost all of our bullying of the refs that perk did that cost him foul calls and the c's cred with the refs overall.  kind of a wash there.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Krstic's hands are gonna make him alot of $. So is his range.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Doc does too.  KG always got Perk some freebies, and quite a few that Perk messed up.  Kristic finishes ten time what Perk did, and when he don't he can hit a free throw. "He has missed a few though"

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

20lbs of muscle next year and we have a steal!This guy comes to play.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mem17. Show mem17's posts

I like Krstic's offensive game a lot. He does one thing that very few 7 footers do well and that's the pump fake. He draws a lot of fouls around the basket just by giving a simple pump fake. It's so easy to do. He makes the opposing team pay the price for the fouls by being a good free throw shooter.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from strider9. Show strider9's posts

If he can be half the defender Perkens was down low, his offense will balance out with his ability to spread the floor. Everybody else will benefit as well if they collapse on the cutters and drivers the kick out pass will be open and Krstic can knock down shots. I really like the way he finishes at the rim too.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneNation. Show OneNation's posts

Consensus is Krstic has been really good. I admit I am surprised how well he is playing. Anyone else?

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from lalakerman. Show lalakerman's posts

In Response to Re: Born Again Krstic:
    [QUOTE]Consensus is Krstic has been really good. I admit I am surprised how well he is playing. Anyone else?
    Posted by OneNation[/QUOTE]

No he hasnt played against a good team yet.  You will be dissapointed when  he does.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Karllost. Show Karllost's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Born Again Krstic : No he hasnt played against a good team yet.  You will be dissapointed when  he does.
    Posted by lalakerman[/QUOTE]

Kristic is better than Kareem ever was.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

I am pleasantly surprised at how adept Krystic is on the offensive end.  And even a 39 y.o. Shaq for that matter is a major upgrade offensively to anything the C's have trotted out there at the 5 in the past few years.  If you can score tha ball, Rondo will get it to you where you can do damage.  Above what Rondo brings, there are a lot of good players on this team who will pass the ball if you're open.  No egos. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kccorwin. Show kccorwin's posts

I like him also and with Green and a pick we made out well on that trade. Perk will never be worth 9 million a season no matter where or who he plays with.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

One thing's for sure, Krstic is better than Joe Smith and Theo Ratliff combined!

HAHAHA!!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from genaro008. Show genaro008's posts

[QUOTE]One thing's for sure, Krstic is better than Joe Smith and Theo Ratliff combined! HAHAHA!!!
    Posted by P34[/QUOTE]

I love to see Krystic with a training camp under his belt. You can teach D you cant teach having hands big enough to handle the ball.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-Doc-Redemption. Show Red-Doc-Redemption's posts

I'm starting to think that Krstic will be getting the bulk of the minutes at C whether Shaq is healthy or not...Its been a long time since we have had a center that is as poised on the block as Krstic. I like the trade just from the standpoint that we got an athletic versatile Green & a valuable draft pick, Kristic is the cherry on the sundae...I really dont think Perk was healthy to contribute this season. Doc & Danny sensed that...

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Born Again Krstic : Kristic is better than Kareem ever was.
    Posted by Karllost[/QUOTE]

Are you serious?  If you are, then this is the dumbest comment in message board history.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

Apparently Krstic is the second coming of Russell.  Hilarious.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CHEisCHE. Show CHEisCHE's posts

Krstic has balance skills - a little defense and a little offence that makes you solid.

Perk has overrated little defense---nothing else.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I agree AGAIN with Mr. Rondowski ! (except the part about "Celtic Mystique", I don't think these young guys are even aware of Celtics history like we are, especially a foreigner)

We all loved Perk, but seeing is believing - Mr Kristic is no stiff and I hope Danny signs him to an extension.

What a blast it's gonna be to watch these last 20 games - every one of them is actually relevant.

I want to see Kristic and Jeff Green for 20+ minutes ea
    I want to see Troy Murphy shake off the rust with 15-20 minutes a game
    I want to see Rondo sit and even go inactive on the 2nd of back to back games
    I want to see Arroyo for 15 minutes a game
    Same with Pavlolic
    I want to see Ray Aleen and Paul Pierce sit and be inactive on back to back games
    I want to see Big Baby sit for another 2 weeks , not another 2 games
    I want to see Delonte work with all the new guys and stay lucky for once
    I want to see Shaq sit until his Tigerblood is boiling to get out there and rock the house.
    I want to see J'ON come back and get in shape & work with all the new guys

YES !

the last 20 games are gonna be a blast to watch, when was the last time that ever happened......um, NEVER !

CELTICS ARE GOING OT THE FINALS AND THEY ARE GOING TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF WHOEVER THEY FACE !

IT'S GOOD TO BE GREEN !

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Krstic looks quicker than I remember - amazing what playing for a good team does

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from RajonRondowski. Show RajonRondowski's posts

[QUOTE]I agree AGAIN with Mr. Rondowski ! (except the part about "Celtic Mystique", I don't think these young guys are even aware of Celtics history like we are, especially a foreigner) We all loved Perk, but seeing is believing - Mr Kristic is no stiff and I hope Danny signs him to an extension. What a blast it's gonna be to watch these last 20 games - every one of them is actually relevant. I want to see Kristic and Jeff Green for 20+ minutes ea I want to see Troy Murphy shake off the rust with 15-20 minutes a game I want to see Rondo sit and even go inactive on the 2nd of back to back games I want to see Arroyo for 15 minutes a game Same with Pavlolic I want to see Ray Aleen and Paul Pierce sit and be inactive on back to back games I want to see Big Baby sit for another 2 weeks , not another 2 games I want to see Delonte work with all the new guys and stay lucky for once I want to see Shaq sit until his Tigerblood is boiling to get out there and rock the house. I want to see J'ON come back and get in shape & work with all the new guys YES ! the last 20 games are gonna be a blast to watch, when was the last time that ever happened......um, NEVER ! CELTICS ARE GOING OT THE FINALS AND THEY ARE GOING TO BEAT THE CRAP OUT OF WHOEVER THEY FACE ! IT'S GOOD TO BE GREEN !
    Posted by PHX85014[/QUOTE]

-

I love it, and I love your perspective.  This part of the season usually seems interminable and I just want the playoffs to start.  But you're right all the new guys make it interesting.

What'd Nenad have in the loss, a career high 20 points? He was a big part of the comeback from 23.  He's improving before our very eyes on a game by game basis.  Don't know what was up with Rondo, he was terrible.

But I just wanted to say I loved your post, highly entertaining.  Go charlie!!!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Victorlee,
    You are really out of it.  

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Beat-Boston. Show Beat-Boston's posts

For one year I listened and read how Perkins injury in the playoffs last year cost the Cs the title. Now, based on these comments, he really wasn't any good and Krstic is the next Bill Walton. So, I guess the Lakers were just the better team and all that whining in Boston were just coming from a bunch of crybabies----typical of Boston fans.

The key is how Krstic matches up vs the league's better centers, such as Howard and Bynum.

Sections
Shortcuts