Bosh denied HOU. And now HOU is interested in Rondo. What could they possible offer us?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Bosh denied HOU. And now HOU is interested in Rondo. What could they possible offer us?

Hou just cleared a ton of space.  They will definitely go after a big-name such as Rondo.  But would they offer?

I don't think Hou has enough to entice DA now that Asik and Parsons are gone.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Re: Bosh denied HOU. And now HOU is interested in Rondo. What could they possible offer us?

Terrence Jones. Very underrated and is an efficient scorer.

The problem with Houston is that they can't swallow Rondo's contract. They don't have the money to balance out. Unless they include Howard or Harden in the deal.

Houston will likely make a push for Eric Bledsoe in a sign and trade. Bledsoe is cheaper and is much better than Rondo.

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

Re: Bosh denied HOU. And now HOU is interested in Rondo. What could they possible offer us?

The amnesty deadline is 07/16/14. Rondo is eligible. Why carry $12mil of baggage? His presence will only hurt this team now that they have Smart. Rondo could be disruptive if things don't go his way in his contract season.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to MitchUnderpants' comment:
    [QUOTE]

Hou just cleared a ton of space.  They will definitely go after a big-name such as Rondo.  But would they offer?

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

I think Capela for starters.  Need a draft pick.......and a third team!

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

That's a lot for one season of Rondo. Lets hope Houston is that stupid.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Who said it was one season?  I'm assuming he'll re-sign with the Rox in the off-season.  You were ready to give up Jones...who starts for them.

I think Capela and a draft pick is more than fair, esp since they have to match salaries.  HOU is NOT stupid enough to give up Jones, who they control for the next 3 years for a "half season " of Rondo, as you suggest.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MitchUnderpants. Show MitchUnderpants's posts

Hey Cuban Pete-  Please explain how the Amnesty deadline impacts Rondo's availability?  Are you suggesting that we should be trying to deal him before this deadline, 7/16?

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

[QUOTE]

Hey Cuban Pete-  Please explain how the Amnesty deadline impacts Rondo's availability?  Are you suggesting that we should be trying to deal him before this deadline, 7/16?

[/QUOTE]

It sounds like he wants to straight up amnesty him! LOLOLOLOLOL!!!!  That's the first Ive heard of someone suggesting that. Geez, talk about biting your nose to spite your face!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to CubanPete's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Who said it was one season?  I'm assuming he'll re-sign with the Rox in the off-season.  You were ready to give up Jones...who starts for them.

I think Capela and a draft pick is more than fair, esp since they have to match salaries.  HOU is NOT stupid enough to give up Jones, who they control for the next 3 years for a "half season " of Rondo, as you suggest.

[/QUOTE]

Capela is being signed ...

http://www.hoopsrumors.com/2014/07/rockets-clint-capela.html

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from spewey. Show spewey's posts

Rondo and throw in Bass (they need a stretch 4) for some assortment of Terrence Jones, Patrick Beverly, Donatas Motiejunas, Clint Capela would do it for me.  Particularly the first two.  HOU has to do something after the Chandler fiasco.

Indiana also needs to make a big change-but don't think they have much to offer.  Don't want Hill.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from croc. Show croc's posts

I see no need to package Rondo off unless they are getting a very good return.  His services will likely be in need at the deadline.  Would it be horrible if he re-signed with the C's after reaching FA?  Rondo is a very good PG with someone to pass too. Look for that person in another deal. 

Smart didn't look like a true PG IN summer league.  If anything he's more redundant with Bradley. 

Bledsoe is better if you don't want a PG who'll spread the ball, which is kinda what I think they do :shrug

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

Houston Rockets are in what's known as "in trouble!"  They cleared all that cap space they traded away their point guard, 1st round, 2nd round draft picks, got denied at the altar with both Bosh and Gasol and let their more than capable forward walk...I love it!  This team will be a middle of the road playoff team at best and loose in the first round.  I really can't see big name free agents next summer signing with them.  I will predict Howard will be about done if he does not win the Rockets a title in the next two years especially after burning two teams. 

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

Rondo gets amnestied?  There is a better chance of seeing Santa Claus riding a purple unicorn up Savin Hill Beach on Labour Day.  Rondo is their best player and an asset.  They either sign him, sign-and-trade him, straight up trade him or let him walk for the cap space.  But they'll let him walk only after pursuing every other scenario.  

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to CablesWyndBairn's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo gets amnestied?  There is a better chance of seeing Santa Claus riding a purple unicorn up Savin Hill Beach on Labour Day.  Rondo is their best player and an asset.  They either sign him, sign-and-trade him, straight up trade him or let him walk for the cap space.  But they'll let him walk only after pursuing every other scenario.  

[/QUOTE]

Agree.  Rondo might not get traded immediately, but I definitely could see him being traded to a contender who really needs a point guard.  Rondo could help make a playoff team better.  

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from JamezHill. Show JamezHill's posts

In response to spewey's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Rondo and throw in Bass (they need a stretch 4) for some assortment of Terrence Jones, Patrick Beverly, Donatas Motiejunas, Clint Capela would do it for me.  Particularly the first two.  HOU has to do something after the Chandler fiasco.

Indiana also needs to make a big change-but don't think they have much to offer.  Don't want Hill.

[/QUOTE]

Thank goodness you aren't Danny Ainge. lol

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from FierceBrand. Show FierceBrand's posts

The Rockets have the Pelicans' 2015 protected 1st round pick from the Asik trade.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Houston Rockets are in what's known as "in trouble!"  They cleared all that cap space they traded away their point guard, 1st round, 2nd round draft picks, got denied at the altar with both Bosh and Gasol and let their more than capable forward walk...I love it!  This team will be a middle of the road playoff team at best and loose in the first round.  I really can't see big name free agents next summer signing with them.  I will predict Howard will be about done if he does not win the Rockets a title in the next two years especially after burning two teams. 

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

So, are they in in as much trouble as your lakers?  Are they in in as much trouble as the Knicks?

Can you define "in what's known as 'in trouble'?"  Because all we, the intelligent fans read after your huge grammar miscue was blah blah blah - I'm still bitter about Dwight Howard - blah blah blah.

Grow up, son.  Kareem, Magic and JACOBY Parker are not walking through that door!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BrandBreaker8. Show BrandBreaker8's posts

In response to FierceBrand's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The Rockets have the Pelicans' 2015 protected 1st round pick from the Asik trade.

[/QUOTE]

and then what?