Bosh fined $5000 for flop....how ridiculous is that...?

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Bosh fined $5000 for flop....how ridiculous is that...?

I have no idea how much Bosh earns....but I assume it's at least $5M per year....a $5K fine equates to .001 percent of his salary.....so to a guy that earns let's say $75K per year....that fine would be $75 if my math is right...why even impose a fine like that on a multi millionaire...I mean really Mr Stern....? ...this is supposed to be your idea of a fine to police the game...? ...please, get real....

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

Re: Bosh fined $5000 for flop....how ridiculous is that...?

Are you seriously implying he should pay $100,000 for a flop? 

The players union would never go along with that. 

The point of the fine was public shaming, and it worked, bunch of media outlets picked up the story. 

The right way to go about this is to assign a technical foul for a flop upon review, much the way flagrants can be upgraded or downgraded. 

Those technical fouls can add up to suspensions. I'd go that route if I were the NBA....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE

I'm saying that it's not even a slap on the hand....instead of $100K....why not a one game suspension...? ....dock the guy a day's salary and make him miss a game....hurts the pocketbook and the team...maybe the teams will police themselves....JMO...

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Other sports have players faking in an attempt to get a favorable call. In baseball its a quick move toward first after a close pitch trying to get a hit by pitch call. And football has its flob by the punter looking for  a run into kicker call.  Personally it doesn't bother me because I assume that the offical is able to make the right call.

Seems 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Anyone who flops should be called for a technical foul, and the ball should be awarded to the other team after the free throw.

That would put an end to the flopping.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from SeemsToMe. Show SeemsToMe's posts

Duke

Below site has excellent nba salary coverage.

http://data.shamsports.com/content/pages/data/salaries/index.jsp

Seems

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Chris Bosh had a tough time in the first half of Game 4 of the NBA Finals. He threw down an emphatic dunk to end the second quarter, but unfortunately for him, the quarter expired while the ball was still in his hands. It was that kind of time for Bosh.

In many ways, that mistake was typical of Bosh. So was his flop earlier in the half, when he made a slight bump by Tim Duncan look like he was hit by a bus. The flop prompted a foul on Duncan, which cost the Spurs a layup by Gary Neal, who had cut through the lane and gotten to the hoop thanks to Duncan’s seal.

Check out Bosh’s hilarious flop in the GIF below.

Bosh flop

GIF via fauxjohnmadden.lockerdome.com

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to Duke4's comment:

THE DUKE

I'm saying that it's not even a slap on the hand....instead of $100K....why not a one game suspension...? ....dock the guy a day's salary and make him miss a game....hurts the pocketbook and the team...maybe the teams will police themselves....JMO...

That's extreme.

I disagree. It's not extreme for the type of flop that Bosh is being fined for in this instance. This shyghte has to stop. It's gone way beyond "gamesmaship."

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from antibody. Show antibody's posts

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to antibody's comment:

I disagree. It's not extreme for the type of flop that Bosh is being fined for in this instance. This shyghte has to stop. It's gone way beyond "gamesmaship."

If the referee can't spot a flop then he's not a good referee.

No argument on that point, but they do get missed in game.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Gasthoerer. Show Gasthoerer's posts

Strange that this threads always appear when a member of miami flops. When a player of the spurs flops, then no one here even cares.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

THE DUKE

I guess I'd agree with a technical foul ....free throw and ball retention...that would probably be a little more effective.....

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

In response to Gasthoerer's comment:

Strange that this threads always appear when a member of miami flops. When a player of the spurs flops, then no one here even cares.

Miami is filled with floppers it is that simple.

Sections
Shortcuts