Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game

Not for the Knicks during the last shortened season, won the East, never had home court advantage.

It did not matter for us in 2010 when we won the East until the finals.  Home court is only an advantage when you play the Lakers as they start each game with an 8 point lead at home.

2. This post has been removed.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

20 MINUTES A NIGHT FROM BOTH J'ON AND WILCOX GIVES THE CELTICS A NICE 2 HEADED MONSTER IN THE MIDDLE

ANY OTHER MINUTES IN THE MIDDLE CAN BE FILLED WITH KG, JUJAN AND B BASS...

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game:
    In Response to Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game : That would have been true 4 years ago. Right now are Big 3 are old, we need all the help we can get. It may not mean much to us, but I'm pretty sure Ray would prefer sleeping in his own bed the night before Game 1 than some hotel in Miami.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Everyone would prefer to sleep in their own bed.  You say the big three is old which is true by basketball standards.  Your earlier post said they didn't look like a old team. With our experience we can win on anyones court provided our key guys are not wore out from tooo many minutes. If we don't get help from our new guys its not going to matter anyway.  If we do get help from them  we will be fine whereever we play. Remember the Miami series last year, we were in position to win every game as I recall even in Miami. We faded at the end.  Wore down maybe?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from guyfromtex. Show guyfromtex's posts

In Response to Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game : The Celts didn't look like an old team. I was surprised, they were better than I expected. Avery Bradley was the backup SG in this game and he totally doesn't belong. He's too short to be a SG and has a tendency to try to do too much. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

I still can't believe that Ainge passed up on James Anderson. Oh well...

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Hypothetically, if (a big one) they added some bench scoring, they'd have Arenas (seriously?), Posey, AI, and who to choose from? DeShawn Stevenson isn't that player; he fits other roles, but not that one. Of the three listed, the only one that really makes sense is Posey. Arenas and AI are both trouble waiting to happen. They seem satisfied to sit on the roster for now anyway, but with Ainge, one never knows what might pop up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

Gilbert Brown 6'6". I think the guy has skills..I see what you guys say about James Anderson. Spurs do a better job in the drafting department.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

Re: Dooling over E'twan

In Response to Re: Dooling over E'twan:
    makes me wonder once again, why Dooling and not Delonte?? it is just wrong.
    Posted by cabutan

I agree with you.  Doc loved him;  I cannot imagine how folks think Dooling is better at that roll than Delonte.  If you want 100% no drama, then ok, but history shows that you need a few people with edge.  I was watching the Mavericks and OKC game last night and the announcers were commenting how much Carlise was gushing over Delonte.  

Anyway, from what I remember about Keyon Dooling was the fact he loved to shoot.  Hope we are not trying to stick a square peg in a round hole.  

Lastly, I think E'twan Moore play was a revelation;  we may have found a Ray Allen unerstudy.   Loved his game yesterday.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

Only 35 total rebounds for the Celts.  Avery Bradley is not an NBA player. Too small for a SG. JaJuan Johnson will not get any minutes as Wilcox, JO, and Bass are looking good. E'Twaun Moore was clutch. Daniels was very impressive.
    Posted by Fiercest34

Agreed...

What I also liked is when Doc through all the rooks on the floor, after a few mess-ups, Moore took over and ran the sets.  

I think this is another Gomes, Powe, second-round wonder Danny pulled off. 

Loved his poise.  

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

What I am concerned about why could you not sign both Delonte and Dooling if the issue was Delonte breaking down.  

Delonte, Tony Allen, and Kendrick brought the "edge" along with Baby and Nate Robinson.   You need some that on your team.  Bass, Wilcox, Dooling, while excellent pick-ups seem "nice".   I think you need someone who goes off the reservation every now and then.   You need the Deshawn Stevensons, the trash talkers.... 

That is my only concern with current roster...

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Jump-ball-overtime. Show Jump-ball-overtime's posts

Notes:

Taking this game too seriously, or any preseason game too seriously would be a mistake. However, I liked what I saw from Oneal, Bass, Etwaun, Wilcox, Daniels, and Stiemsma.

The others may still show why they are here on Wed.

I guess the loss to the Heat last year was all KG's fault. It had nothing to do with Rondo's injury, or Baby playing for a contract, or the Oneils playing at half speed. I guess the super hero cloak is gone.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from ShepherdCall. Show ShepherdCall's posts

I think the Avery Bradley experiment is over.  Let's let Moore develop as a backup SG. With losing Green, we will need some "punch" from our bench, especially from the backcourt. I cannot believe I'm saying it but I would be fine with the Celtics making a veteran's minimum offer to Gilbert Arenas.  Defensively we're fine. We need more offensive fire power. We have, what, 14 players under contract so we can pick up one more.  I would be fine with trading Bradley for a 2nd round draft pick which would open another spot, for which we can offer to a backcourt player like Arenas. I know he's not the best defensive player and I know he was a head case but he was a model citizen in Orlando.  Also with a full year (plus) removed from surgery AND with alot to still prove AND with our veteran leadership, I think it's a safe risk to take considering the potential upside. If Arenas was in Green and gets hot and takes over in 10 games, it would be well worth it.  Bradley will never make any kind of contribution like that.
    Posted by Petey62

Gilbert Arenas might be a thught, but do not underscore Marquis Daniels; he has a nice mid-range and post-up game.   In addition to him staying healthy, he no longer has to deal with Doc making him compete for the minutes as a back-up.  He is a smooth operater and I think a second unit with him leading it along with Bass, Wilcox, Dooling and Moore is something to look at.   From what I have seen and heard Moore is ahead of Bradley.  

So we may want to wait until later, but I like what Daniels can bring.  He can absord 25-30 minutes and cause a lot of headaches with his craftiness.  

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game : Again, the only time the Celts beat the Heat was when KG scored 28 pts and grabbed 18 rebounds. The Celts only beat the Heat once, KG only scored 20 points or more once in the series. The last time the Celts won a championship, KG was the leading scorer in the playoffs. Enough said.
    Posted by Fiercest34

You lost me there.  How did the conversation turn to KG?  I was talking about experience can win on anyones court if they aren't wore out. I saw all the games last years as well. Doc has already said he wants KG to shoot more.  I assume you do as well.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Notes: Taking this game too seriously, or any preseason game too seriously would be a mistake. However, I liked what I saw from Oneal, Bass, Etwaun, Wilcox, Daniels, and Stiemsma. The others may still show why they are here on Wed. I guess the loss to the Heat last year was all KG's fault. It had nothing to do with Rondo's injury, or Baby playing for a contract, or the Oneils playing at half speed. I guess the super hero cloak is gone.
    Posted by Jump-ball-overtime

I continue to believe KG wasn't a superstar in every game, but he wasn't the goat, either.  The problems were that Shaq was out (no starting center), JON was there for 15 or 20 minutes of ineffective play, and BBD had spaced out on us trying to prove he was a big time player and not rebounding, and there was NO bench beyond that (Sasha, Murphy, and Arroyo).   Add to that they had 2 superstars playing absolutely great ball (Lebron and Wade)......even shooting much better than they normally shoot on 3 pointers, especially.  

So, if KG's playing a little better, Ray and Paul hold up their end, Rondo is healthy (and therefore playing better than an injured Rondo), JON is now showing he can give a 25 minutes of good ball, and the bench plays better than last year's bench - the team is a darn good team.  Certainly not the favorites to win a championship, but definitely a team to be reckoned with.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game : I still can't believe that Ainge passed up on James Anderson. Oh well...
    Posted by guyfromtex

Agree and Anderson plays the 2 where we have limited depth

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game : Don't forget the only time the Celts won a championship with the current Big 3 was when the Celts had home court advantage. The old Big 3 won all 3 championships with home court advantage. Taking regular season games for granted is not a good idea. 
    Posted by Fiercest34

Nor is playing old men 35-40 mins a game which is what we will need to do to get home court advantage.  We need to pick our poison and personally, I would rather us being in peak shape come the playoffs than be January champions.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game : I continue to believe KG wasn't a superstar in every game, but he wasn't the goat, either.  The problems were that Shaq was out (no starting center), JON was there for 15 or 20 minutes of ineffective play, and BBD had spaced out on us trying to prove he was a big time player and not rebounding, and there was NO bench beyond that (Sasha, Murphy, and Arroyo).   Add to that they had 2 superstars playing absolutely great ball (Lebron and Wade)......even shooting much better than they normally shoot on 3 pointers, especially.   So, if KG's playing a little better, Ray and Paul hold up their end, Rondo is healthy (and therefore playing better than an injured Rondo), JON is now showing he can give a 25 minutes of good ball, and the bench plays better than last year's bench - the team is a darn good team.  Certainly not the favorites to win a championship, but definitely a team to be reckoned with.
    Posted by Celtsfan4life

I agree with you Cfan. That is basically the same thing I was saying. Our old players where in each game inthe 4th quarter. The starters just didn't have much help. Rondo injured and Wade and James playing out of their heads. If Jon plays 25 minutes a game he is just as good as Perk was. He blocks shots. Like I have said since last year we just have to get some offense from somewhere besides the Big 3.

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In Response to Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game : How could our experience be worn out when KG just played 31.3 minutes per game in the regular season?  Pierce 34.7 minutes per game and Ray 36.1 minutes per game are all below their career average of 37 minutes per game. Dirk won a championship because he rose to the occassion. No matter how much experience you have, if you're a 7-footer who keeps settling for outside shots and can't get to the FT line you're not going to go far in the playoffs. Our current Big 3 have not won a championship when they didn't have home court advantage in the 1st round, 2nd round, 3rd round, and Finals. In 2008 the Celts won a championship when they had the best record in the NBA. Saying that they can win on anyone's home court remains to be seen.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I didn't say they were wore out. (I don't think I did anyway)  I said we can't wear them out. I also said they needed some help with the scoring. It doesn't matter what someones career average minutes are, its what they can do at a certain age. That is why Doc says every year he wants to keep their minutes down. I am fully aware of Dirk, I am sure I have watched him just as much if not more than you. Dirk is a better offensive player than KG. Plain and simple.  We have to live with that.  KG brings other things.  BTW I believe the Heat had the home court last year so it can be done. Just because we haven't done it yet doesn't mean it can't happen. Every year someone "rises" to the occasion to win a championship. EVERY YEAR. I am not arguing about KG not shooting free throws. He is a jump shooter plain and simple, pretty much done that his whole career. Don't expect it to change now, aint happening. Back to what I originally said was we were in every game against Miami with what KG was doing or not doing. Bottom line is Wade scored at will against us and Lebron couldn't miss at crunch time.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts