Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game

Fierce the lack of rebounds I don't think indicates much based on the kind of game this was.  We will see how they bang during the season but I did think Wilcox looked like a real presence at this point.  

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

I look at JON, Wilcox and Bass a bit like the Bulls used to with Longley, Wennington and Purdue.  It is their collective output that matters, not individual.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

I think the Avery Bradley experiment is over.  Let's let Moore develop as a backup SG.

With losing Green, we will need some "punch" from our bench, especially from the backcourt.

I cannot believe I'm saying it but I would be fine with the Celtics making a veteran's minimum offer to Gilbert Arenas.  Defensively we're fine. We need more offensive fire power.

We have, what, 14 players under contract so we can pick up one more.  I would be fine with trading Bradley for a 2nd round draft pick which would open another spot, for which we can offer to a backcourt player like Arenas.

I know he's not the best defensive player and I know he was a head case but he was a model citizen in Orlando.  Also with a full year (plus) removed from surgery AND with alot to still prove AND with our veteran leadership, I think it's a safe risk to take considering the potential upside.

If Arenas was in Green and gets hot and takes over in 10 games, it would be well worth it.  Bradley will never make any kind of contribution like that.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Can Bradley be traded for someone of value or has he been exposed as a player without a position?

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

My take on Avery based on this game, he looked way more comfortable than any other game last season including that odd 20 point game against the Knicks. However, look at Gilbert Brown, he looked as comfortable as Bradley and same with Etwan and it was their first game, right? .. Stiemsma looked  to me to be NBA ready. He should be kept. He is defensive/rebound minded. Jajuan, geez, the guy needs a lot of weight and alot of game. I think he is NBDL bound..and last but not least, I am in that Etwan fan club, he is solid! He can handle the pressure without a doubt he also needs weight..

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game:
      Defensively we're fine. We need more offensive fire power. Posted by Petey62

Agree - remember in 08 we could bring House, Posey, Cassell, Powe off the bench who could all put up 10 points or more.  I like the idea of Arenas - what is to lose if his knee can hold up.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Petey, I agree that Bradley is not much of an NBA player and the experiment should be terminated.  But, I'd rather have Stevenson over Gibert Arenas as Stevenson can also play D.  Also, Gibert seems to have lost everything, including his offense.  Don't know if Stevenson can be had for vet minimum or for Bradley's salary + minimum but he's worth it.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan4life, Stevenson would be a great addition AND with the solid defense to boot.  I just have concerns about our offense and point production from our backcourt.  Right now, Ray Allen is our ONLY offensive threat in the backcourt.  That's it!

I am not sure if Moore is capable offensively but it would be interesting to have someone who could provide some offense from the bench in the backcourt.  All this will eventually lead to is Ray being run into the ground again because we just have nobody who can provide backcourt scoring.

Stevenson's just another tough, hard-nosed guard with offensive limitations.  However, if he decided to accept the vet minimum, I'd sign him.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

Petey, all good points.  Stevenson can hit the occasional 3 and shoots "ok", but clearly not a great shooter.  I think our choice is to put Paul at the 2 at times and play Bass and Garnett as the forwards.  

But, the thing I worry about the most that you mentioned is running Ray into the ground which affects his already poor defense more than it affects his offense in my opinion.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from proftom. Show proftom's posts

Danny and Doc know how to win basketball games. We've got to take that into account. Danny brings the players and Doc helps them perform. 

Big things are going to happen to this team this year.  

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Celtsfan4life, I, too, thought about running Pierce at the 2 but then we run HIM into the ground.  In my opinion, we have to find a source of offensive production from someone other than the Big 3.  I think Bass will shoulder some of that responsibility but that's about it.  I just don't know where our points will come from outside these guys.

We know there will be days when Pierce, Ray or KG will not have their "A" game (or won't be playing at all) so, again other than Bass, I just don't know who we can count on for points.  Maybe Rondo but I'm not sold on his ability to score baskets.  I just don't anticipate too many games where Rondo drops 20 points.  Just don't see it.

We will always play that tough defense but I don't know where our offense will come from.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

Unlike Moore, JJJ looked like deer in the headlights when the lockout was lifted and ill-prepared physically & mentally to deal with what was ahead. I just hope he can contribute some and doesn't turn into another 1st round project like Bradley.

I got to think that all the off-season plans/options DA talked about the beginning of last summer didn't pan out because we seem to have similar problems with scoring and getting adequate rest for the big 3, so it looks like it could be another long grind again this year.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Petey I agree with you about our lack of offense.   We need the scoring bad from somewhere on the bench.  Bass will give a little.  I never was a Dooling fan and I am afraid he won't help us a lot.  Not a good shooter and doesn't dish out a lot of assists, doesn't sound like a pg to me.  If Moore can score he needs to play even if his defense is not good.  It would get better as time goes by.  Not thrilled about Stevenson either.  Didn't like him on Dallas.  He was pretty bad much of the year until he hit a few threes in the playoffs. He is not a good shooter but plays defense. Doesn't help with our bench scoring though. Sure wish we had gotten Ford. Someone said after watching Stensma tonight that he was NBA ready.  Not sure how you can tell that in 4 minutes.  He will have to be NBA ready since we don't have much else in that area.  If he can just play defense and block some shots I will be happy.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Celtsfan4life. Show Celtsfan4life's posts

In response to "Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game":
    Celtsfan4life, I, too, thought about running Pierce at the 2 but then we run HIM into the ground.  In my opinion, we have to find a source of offensive production from someone other than the Big 3.  I think Bass will shoulder some of that responsibility but that's about it.  I just don't know where our points will come from outside these guys. We know there will be days when Pierce, Ray or KG will not have their "A" game (or won't be playing at all) so, again other than Bass, I just don't know who we can count on for points.  Maybe Rondo but I'm not sold on his ability to score baskets.  I just don't anticipate too many games where Rondo drops 20 points.  Just don't see it. We will always play that tough defense but I don't know where our offense will come from. Posted by Petey62
    That worry about running PP into the ground is valid, but we have backup for Pierce in Marquis while we have no backup for Ray. So maybe moving Paul over and then when we bring Ray back in, Doc can sit Pierce while MD plays for a while. We don't really have much choice. This also highlights why Danny was willing to go after Chris Paul.......he's one of the few who can pass almost as good as Rondo, play D, and shoot as well. Man, I hope Moore steps up to scoring as Ray's backup!

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

Hoping Pierce will be back?, for a meaningless result less game.  I hope he takes the first 10 games of the season off.  As long as we make the playoffs the record is irrelevant.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game : Not true. You need to warm up, get a feel for the game. Being a great player doesn't mean you don't need to play meaningless games. Pierce playing 1 preseason game will good for him. Don't forget the Celts face NY on Christmas and Miami on the 27th.  Taking 10 games off will just make him rusty.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I think any result in the first 10 games is irrelevant personally.  Pierce, KG, Ray and Rondo will be right for the playoffs, it is everyone else who needs to be ready.  I have this feeling as soone as the real thing begins the Big 3 will again be playing 35-40 mins every night.

21. This post has been removed.

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BoylestonBB. Show BoylestonBB's posts

In Response to Re: Boston @ Toronto - Preseason Game : Don't underestimate the importance of 10 games in a shortened season. Those 10 games could decide whether the Celts have home court advantage in the 1st round of the playoffs.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I get your point and its logic.  For me I am not worried about home court advantage - as Kevin McHale once said, 'if you do not feel you can beat your opponent wherever you play them, you should go home'

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts