Boston Celtics - 2012-13 Championship Expectations

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Re: Boston Celtics - 2012-13 Championship Expectations

Pud........it was 20, 000.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

Wilt was "larger than life" as the saying goes.....I was glad when he and Russ finally buried the hatchet and became friends again....they were good friends during their playing days...although some feel that Russ was playing "head games" to get an advantage....they certainly brought out the best in each other, that's for sure....

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

have either of you guys read Bill Simmons' book entitled "The Book of Basketball" (The NBA According to The Sports Guy)....?  It's one of the best books I've ever read....great insight on the history of the NBA....with an emphasis on things "from a Celtic fan's perspective"......it should be required reading for any real fan of the NBA..!

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

No, I'm not familiar with Simmons book. I'll see if the local library has it.

Hard to believe that they were friendly adversaries.

Russ ate him alive on the court. Head games galore. It was pitiful.

20,000 for sure???

My claim of  10K was not meant as a slight.

As the Church Lady says..... nevermind!

Pud

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Pud, I always doubted the validity of the number, but half way down the page is how it came into being.

I don't believe it, never did, but far be it from me to stand in the way of what anyone else believes.  The ORIGINAL Superman!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Personal_life_of_Wilt_Chamberlain

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Red:

I browsed the link. That's way more info than I ever wanted (or needed) to know about Wilt.

Not surprising. Very sad.

Russell was a man of incredible integrity by comparison and few rergets.

Jabbar called Wilt  a "crybaby, a loser and a quitter." That I agree with.

I don't even remember Wilt dying in 1999. It obviously made little impression on me or on the world.

Russell's passing is going to be huge though. Hopefully no time soon. Good health as far as I know. Knock on wood.

Pud

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

I think the odds of Wilt banging 20K women are lower than the odds of him making stuff up.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from bostonsucks69. Show bostonsucks69's posts

I would love to see Celtics vs Lakers III. The rubber match. Dwight Howard would destroy Kevin Garnett. Lakers would win in 6 games.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In 8 years, he hasn't destryed him yet

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Hi,
    I'm amazed by the persistance of Lakers trolls here. Is it that difficult to comprehand a simple fact: before Lakers can beat Celtics in the finals they, LAL, have to beat OKC. So far they couldn't accomplish that, quite the opposite.
    Also, for the last 16 years Lakers had an alpha-dog who carried the team all those years. Once they've got another alpha-dog and it took them several years and one of the best coaches in the league to win. Why all of a sudden will it change? They still have that original alpha-dog, they acquired another alpha-dog, they don't have a coach who could deal with them and they don't have several years.
    So, before bragging about dynasty, about great moves by Kupchak, about Lakers beating Celtics in the Finals, let's see if KB gets along with DH, if SN can produce on the same level as he used to, if MB can coach all that team.
    BTW, even if the Celtics becomes the worst team in the league, with the worst GM, the worst coach and the worst PG in the league, it would not help to solve the above mentioned Lakers problems.

AK

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

Considering only 8 teams have EVER gone back to back, probably 9 after this year,  I'd say we are in pretty good company!

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

With the re-signing of Garnett, Bass and Dooling, and the signings of Terry, Lee, Green, Wilcox, Collins, Sullinger and Melo, the Celtics team is a vastly different one than the one that took the champs to 7 games last year.  And while no one can say we will definitely beat the Heat, neither should anyone say we won't.  This is a vastly different Celtics team - and, of course, this thread is supposed to be about the Celtics and their chances.

15. This post has been removed.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from sinus007. Show sinus007's posts

Tommyrules,
    Your last 2 posts confirm what I said in my post: Lakers trolls can't comprehand simple facts.
    Let's see.
    How would you consider Dwight an Alpha Dog?   " -  Anyone who watched Orlando Magic games featuring Dwight Howard will say that he was alpha-dog on that team. Why would he change now?

" He does not demand the ball on the offensive end like Shaq did.   " - I wasn't comparing DH and Shaq stats.

Dwight averages less fga's per game then Jeff Green has in his career.  " - This one borders on insanity: JG has made 3707 FGA in his career. There's no player who can have the same or better number of FGA per game.

"  Sinus wanted to make this about LA instead of Boston.  " - I was responding to posts of your comrades Bostonsucks69: "  I would love to see Celtics vs Lakers III. The rubber match. Dwight Howard would destroy Kevin Garnett. Lakers would win in 6 games.  " and Bloggetybloop: " The Celtics would have better expectations if Danny Ainge had done more than pick up some mediocre players for their roster. Mitch Kupchak on the other hand was hitting grand slams with the Lakers and have propelled them back to the top. It is truly great times to be a Laker fan as it has been the past few years. People here in L.A. are talking about yet another Dynasty. I can only assume that Celtic fans have trouble understanding the true concept of a Dynasty considering the Celtics are in the midst of only 1 title in 25 years and it being 40+ years since their last back to back. Good luck guys!   " 

AK

17. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts