Boston Celtics Dancers final audition 2011

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Red Auerbach didn't like the idea of NBA cheerleaders.

In the Books - Red Auerbach On and Off the Court Part 3

I'll tell you another thing I don't like today: Cheerleaders. You don't need them at the professional level. They don't contribute anything. They're nothing more than a poor attempt to emulate the freshness of the college atmosphere. Whether it's football or basketball, they don't belong at the professional level, and I've been fighting that for years. They belong in high school. They belong in college. They don't belong in the professional game.

First, you've got enough problems in basketball without having girls hanging around the gym. Before you know it, they're making eyes at some of the guys, and some of the guys are going to stray. It happens.

But the main point is, they're running up and down the court, cheering their brains out, and nobody's cheering along with them. All they're really doing is entertaining themselves. You can't take professional fans to a pep rally, like they do in college and hand out leaflets telling them: "These are the songs and these are the cheers, so memorize them; then, when we bang the thing and have the horn, you come in and do this..."

It can't be done. So the idea of cheerleading is a facade, a joke, just an excuse to have some scantily clad girls running around, turning your game into a Broadway show. I don't like it. And I don't like cheerleading organists either.

I'd much rather have high school tumblers and gymnasts doing routines for the crowd's enjoyment. And I love that double dutch jump roping kids are doing now. Of all the entertainments you see at basketball games today, that's my favorite.

I agree with Red. It's a distraction. They might not be as obnoxious as piped in sounds, but the game itself should be all that matters.

So clean up the officiating. Come up with a collective bargaining agreement that makes the teams more competitive. Reduce the number of teams making the playoffs. Reduce the number of teams. Get rid of the draft lottery or keep it for only the bottom five. That will make each game special.

We get it. Women are hot. They're everywhere. They make up half the population. We can go two and a half hours without them.

That being said, here is the First Annual NickFaldo Cheerleader Competition made possible via the Boston Globe.

That's a nice belly button, but we need to see your face. Next.

There she is. I pass on these two. Moving along.

Maybe the one on the far left.

I'm gonna skim through the rest of the 19 pages and pick the winners of the First Annual NickFaldo Cheerleader Competition.

Congratulations to the winners and best of wishes to those who weren't selected by the First Annual NickFaldo Cheerleader Competition.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Re: Boston Celtics Dancers final audition 2011

the most thought-provoking post I've seen on here in a little while

just don't ask about the thoughts

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

The one, the only, the original.........................

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Celtics Dancers final audition 2011:
    [QUOTE]the most thought-provoking post I've seen on here in a little while just don't ask about the thoughts
    Posted by Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188[/QUOTE]

Thanks. I thought this place needed some eye candy, since RUWorthy disappeared.

Man, those Laker troll posts are an eyesore. If I was moderating, they'd be deleted on sight.

There is actually a topic in this thread despite it seeming to be about moi drooling over the cheerleader auditions. There's Red's not wanting them. I made a few suggestions for the NBA, but those are old news and will probably never be implemented, except for perhaps a few teams being removed. I definitely despise the piped in sounds. What's up with that clap your hands nonsense? Gino Time is the only show biz type addition I appreciate. It's used rarely. It's the new form of Red's victory cigar. I just want good basketball. I can't believe David Stern is still the commish. He's ruined professional basketball.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]The one, the only, the original .........................
    Posted by Laker-Nation32[/QUOTE]

And here I was thinking you'd rather be kissed by Kobe. Got any explanations for that or his dirty play?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from DFURY13. Show DFURY13's posts

I've been a STH for 10 years and I'm not a fan. The Celtics are screwing Alex's and the Golden Bannana. These ladies need to dance on a pole not on a court. I'm old school that way, but don't confuse me with that crazy racist. I just hate the built in entertainment. I'm there for the game only.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

More of the original, the one and only......Laker Girls!

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

Once again, more from the storied Laker Girls...

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]More of the original, the one and only......Laker Girls!

ew.  your first post of the Laker girls was infinitely better

if these two didn't have makeup... oh god.

but thanks for the laker girl pics

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]Once again, more from the storied Laker Girls...

on a small sample size of pictures, the lakers girls who made the squad are nicer looking per capita, but i'd say the three or four hottest girls from those celtic dancer tryouts could be put up against the best of them (the blond up front in that one picture, the brunette in the red top, among others)

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from koberulz. Show koberulz's posts

The Laker girls are world renowned - Kind of like the team.

The Celtic dancers are also like the Celtic team, 2nd rate.

Facts are facts! Laughing

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

World renowed for all having been bedded by the old Perv, Buss!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

What are the celtic girls known as......the scrubs??!!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]What are the celtic girls known as......the scrubs??!!

What a moronic post!!!  What are the lakers known as.......the Heat?
    Stupid, stupid post!

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston Celtics Dancers final audition 2011 : What a moronic post!!!  What are the lakers known as.......the Heat? Stupid, stupid post!
    Posted by Red-16Russ-11[/QUOTE]

Put it to a vote then....celtic girls are either known as the scrubs or the slappers?

Russ you get to choose first from one of the two options!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston Celtics Dancers final audition 2011 : Put it to a vote then....celtic girls are either known as the scrubs or the slappers? Russ you get to choose first from one of the two options! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Just when I thought you couldn't get any dumber....you don't get it!!

What are the laker girls called....the laker girls??

DUH!!!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

Eh.  From what I saw, the four Lakers girls facing the camera in the first picture were top-notch, but the two in the second picture were garish even with makeup on and the Lakers Girls only shoot 50% in the third picture with the first and fourth blonde

I'd take the Miami Dolphins cheerleaders over the Lakers Girls any day of the week, and I've researched this thoroughly.

The Lakers Girls are like the Dallas Cowboys cheerleaders - of course some of them are good looking, but based on what I see they're a little overrated

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

Women are the same everywhere. This Laker fan is not making any point at all. He's merely projecting his own narcissism,

It never stays on topic.

Los Angeles was named the rudest city in America by Travel and Leisure Magazine.

That is no surprise.

Southern California is filled with a lot of rich, self-serving, insincere wingnuts.

For that reason, if one is going to root for any California teams, make it the G.S. Warriors or the Oakland A's, where the nice, sincere Californians live. I'd say root for the Raiders, but Al Davis is no good. Once he's gone, we can all root for the Raiders as a second favorite team after the Patriots, provided they remain in the Bay Area.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Laker-Nation32. Show Laker-Nation32's posts

http://www.brobible.com/hot-girls/story/kate-upton-birthday/page-4

Typical Laker fan in the crowd!

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

[QUOTE]What are the celtic girls known as......the scrubs??!!
    So you get to vote now - let's see if you can pick up on this or are you LYAO at yourself.

Your choice - is this THE dumbest post ever, or the DUMBEST post ever??

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Cheerleaders - I fully agree with Red. But why waste time on this drivel when we have sooo much to talk about?  

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from NickFaldo. Show NickFaldo's posts

[QUOTE]Cheerleaders - I fully agree with Red. But why waste time on this drivel when we have sooo much to talk about?  
    Posted by painter[/QUOTE]

I don't understand why certain Celtic fans keep responding directly to the Laker troll(s).

This is the kind of person one wouldn't allow into their home. So why talk with it it so much on this forum? It's a pitiful, self-absorbed narcissist. The irony is the Celtic fan who keeps responding to it runs the risk of falling into the same category.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Mamma Mia!!! No wonder these players get into so much trouble...

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188. Show Artist-Frmrly-Knwn-As-NickC1188's posts

[QUOTE]In Response to Re: Boston Celtics Dancers final audition 2011 : I don't understand why certain Celtic fans keep responding directly to the Laker troll(s). This is the kind of person one wouldn't allow into their home. So why talk with it it so much on this forum? It's a pitiful, self-absorbed narcissist. The irony is the Celtic fan who keeps responding to it runs the risk of falling into the same category.
    Posted by NickFaldo[/QUOTE]

the Nietzche trap of staring into the abyss and having the abyss stare also into you, but I assure you that my posts here were strictly statements of opinion independent of the troll

I was disappointed that the first four Laker girls were the only truly worthwhile pictures posted

I'm all about the blond up front in that two-blond Celtics picture, and the brunette in the red top in the picture of four Celtics dancer prospects.  They're about as hot as anyone.

If the moderators did their jobs more fairly, my posts wouldn't need moderator approval and the trolls would be vanquished.  I've seen far worse than the worst I've posted stay on these boards and result in extended urinating contests... 

Sections
Shortcuts