Boston Celtics Reportedly Laughed at Rajon Rondo Trade Offer!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Boston Celtics Reportedly Laughed at Rajon Rondo Trade Offer!

Boston Celtics Reportedly Laughed at Rajon Rondo Trade Offer No Thanks!

By Mark Evans19 hours ago   

COMMENTARY | While recovering from an ACL injury, Rajon Rondo has yet to play for the Boston Celtics this season. 

Jordan Crawford has played some quality basketball as Rondo's primary replacement at point guard, and the Celtics find themselves right in the midst of the pathetic Atlantic Division.

Meanwhile, the New York Knicks are the joke of the NBA. High expectations surrounded the team entering the season, and with a potential Carmelo Anthony free agency looming, the Knicks have not responded well. There's a feeling that the Knicks need to do something to save their season. The roster is poorly constructed, and it is being poorly managed by Mike Woodson.

So, naturally, there were rumors about the New York Knicks trying to trade for Rondo. Since the Knicks have very little to trade, this makes no sense for anyone with a brain. Then again, the Knicks are run by James Dolan, so it's reasonable to believe that the Knicks tried to make it work anyway. There are a lot of things James Dolan doesn't realize. The fact that he can't trade for Rondo seems to be one of them.

According to the Boston Globe, the Boston brass laughed at New York's offer for Rondo. I guess Iman Shumpert just isn't enough for one of the league's top point guards.

Did the Knicks actually believe this could happen? Just because Rondo's injured doesn't mean the Celtics will simply give him away. Even if this trade were to occur, it wouldn't help the Knicks anytime soon. Rondo is still out, and will surely need some time to shake off the rust.

A great passing point guard probably won't help the Knicks anyway. It doesn't take much to dump the ball into the post for a Melo isolation over and over again.

It's good to see that the Celtics didn't take this insulting offer seriously. Boston's young players have looked good, and there's no need to sell your best player for 25 cents on the dollar. If they're committed to moving Rondo, they can surely get a better offer on the open market.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Boston Celtics Reportedly Laughed at Rajon Rondo Trade Offer!

Can it get any worse for the Knicks? HaHaHaHa!!!!! 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

GOOD!

IF they do trade Rondo at some point, they need to get a GOOD big man in return.

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I wouldn't go that far....rondo is still twice the passer and can be twice the defender.  He he comes back with his knee as good as westbrook, he'll still be a factor.

And I've always contended that he'll shoot better with scowling Doc and KG gone.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GOOD!

IF they do trade Rondo at some point, they need to get a GOOD big man in return.

[/QUOTE]

Rondo to Sacramento for Marcus Thornton and their unprotected 2014 1st round pick.

The Celts then draft Joel Embiid.

[/QUOTE]Thats the thinking ..........  I like Crawford at the point, he is a THREAT from anywhere on the floor and is probably a 95% foul shooter...... OH DANNY BOY, move RONDO ASAP !!!

[/QUOTE]

Before you annoint the new king,  to replace the old king...  check these comparative stats:

Rajon Rondo(2012-13)

13.7ppg  5.6rpg  11.1apg  .484fg%

Jordan Crawford(2013-14)

13.9ppg  3.2rpg  5.4apg  .464fg%

Rondo a much better defensive player,  Crawford a better free throw shooter(88%).

I'll take RR all-day, everyday over Crawford thank you very much.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Crawford is really a 2 guard anyway.   Or a combo 6th man.  Why can't we keep all 3?

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from BirdLewsBias. Show BirdLewsBias's posts

Sorry, I'm not trading Rondo for Thornton. I don't mind their lottery pick but I'm asking for Isiah Thomas and their #1 unprotected pick. 

10. This post has been removed.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fierce34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to kdp59's comment:
    [QUOTE]

GOOD!

[/QUOTE]

Rondo to Sacramento for Marcus Thornton and their unprotected 2014 1st round pick.

The Celts then draft Joel Embiid.

[/QUOTE]Thats the thinking ..........  I like Crawford at the point, he is a THREAT from anywhere on the floor and is probably a 95% foul shooter...... OH DANNY BOY, move RONDO ASAP !!!

[/QUOTE]

Rarely does anyone shoot 95% for a whole season.  Last person to do this was Ray Allen in 2009.  NO ONE does it over an entire career.  Steve Nash and Mark Price hold the career high with a tie at .904% 

12. This post has been removed.

13. This post has been removed.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

I would keep Crawford and trade Rondo for a big.

But I am not sure anyone will do that.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

34 that was,with the exception of " put Rondo in the mix and Stevens' system will fail",was probably one of your most lucid and objective posts ever!!!!

Here's why I said object to that one part. Rondo weakest points so far are consistent FT and he's a mediocre 3 pt shooter,however he is one of the best post scoring guards around and can pretty much take any player 6'6 and down to the rim repeatedly and rebound as well. It doesn't matter what position does the unclogging and what position does the down low scoring. Stevens system will not fail with Rondo it will actually be more efficient.

Now there have been many top tier NBA players who have taken the next step by improving their FT% and outside shooting and I feel RR will be one of those players. I personally feel that Doc held Rondo back on many levels and had as much to do with some ofbthe tendencies that have made him a much criticized player on these boards. I think, set back aside by the end of the season Rondo will help make us a team nobody wants to play.

Good job on the post though. no excessive In reponse tos',no condecending comments and none of that insipid HAHAHAHA.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Wow, I actually compliment 34 and he's speechless.Cool

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to hedleylamarr's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Crawford is really a 2 guard anyway.   Or a combo 6th man.  Why can't we keep all 3?

[/QUOTE]

Yeah Hedley and Employee--  I think you guys are right that keeping all 3 would be an option if either AB or Crawford would buy into the old Mchale-Hondo 6th man thing.  30 mill for a fine and versatile back court leaves you 30 mill for a front court with stars but not superstars.  Plus, I suspect the C's would go into luxury tax range if the new C's could contend as Wade, and then Lebron, slow down.  I am very free the owners money.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I don't know who you've been watching, but Jordan Crawford has been deadly from anywhere in the building since his days as Xavier.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

The C's 3 point shooters may not be as good as they looked the past couple hot games (AB, Craw, Courtney were hot), but they will have some nice looks with Rondo knifing into the lane to draw double teams.  Rondo on the break will give the trailers tons of open 3's.  Brad and Rondo just have to agree that those passes for the open 3 are a good thing.

23. This post has been removed.

24. This post has been removed.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts