Boston Celtics Reportedly Laughed at Rajon Rondo Trade Offer!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

Re: Boston Celtics Reportedly Laughed at Rajon Rondo Trade Offer!

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to MustangBri's comment:

Before you annoint the new king,  to replace the old king...  check these comparative stats:

Rajon Rondo(2012-13)

13.7ppg  5.6rpg  11.1apg  .484fg%

Jordan Crawford(2013-14)

13.9ppg  3.2rpg  5.4apg  .464fg%

Rondo a much better defensive player,  Crawford a better free throw shooter(88%).

I'll take RR all-day, everyday over Crawford thank you very much.

Why did you not include the 3-point shooting %?

There is one thing Crawford can do that Rondo can't - shoot 3-pointers.

Brad Stevens' system is not reliant on one player dominating the ball.

Part of the reason why the Celts are winning games this month is because Jordan Crawford is shooting 52% from beyond the arc the last 3 games.

Every time the Celts needed a key basket, Crawford delivered.

I do not believe Crawford is a better PG than Rondo.

But Crawford is a better fit in Stevens' system.

Just look at how many easy baskets the Celts are getting now.

The opposing teams can't keep up because everybody can shoot from the outside.

Sully, Bass, AB, Crawford, and Green can all hit the outside shot, including 3-pointers.

Put Rondo in the mix and Stevens' system will fail.

Why do you guys think Stevens want Sully to take all those 3s?

Brad Stevens is a genius.

If opposing Centers are forced to go out to guard the 3-pointers of Sully and Fav, that means the paint is vulnerable.

Was I supposed to include every stat?  Yes,  Crawford is shooting 40% thru a 1/4 of the season as compared to Rondo's 24% career avg.  Obviously Crawford is better from long range,  but I don't think he will stay at 40%...  probably drop to the mid 30's by season's end.  As a matter of fact...  Crawford is a 31% career avg three point shooter.  Not a whole heckuva big differece there.

Did I also not mention that Rondo more than doubles Crawfords steals stats? 

You gotta admit,  given the choice....  any team would rather have Rondo on their prospective team before Jordan Crawford.

2. This post has been removed.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MustangBri. Show MustangBri's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

I don't know who you've been watching, but Jordan Crawford has been deadly from anywhere in the building since his days as Xavier.

In 6 NBA seasons, Jordan Crawford has never shot more than 34.5% from beyond the arc before this season.

Yep,  career 31% shooter...  Rondo 24%. 

Jordan Crawford...  the next Ray Allen.  Not. 

We don't know how Rondo will fit into Brad Steven's system til he plays some games under his regime.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from cabutan. Show cabutan's posts

In response to chris33's comment:

I would keep Crawford and trade Rondo for a big.

But I am not sure anyone will do that.

+1

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

What's next? Bring I. Thomas back to run the team! HaHaHaHaHa!!!

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

Dunno why Celtic management is laughing about these recent trade offers.

Their so called franchise player as presently configured isn't worth diddly squat... and they are laughing? If anything, the joke's on them.

Wait 'til talks begin about a new contract.... and Rondo is expecting  max dollars.

Then what.... more laughter?

I don't see anything resembling a happy ending to the Rondo story line, only pain. 

Pud

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

So you like the proposedshumpert trade?

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

A lot of crawfords percentage to date have to do with the situations in which he shot them.  Look how many bail out shots he takes and makes for our team.  effectively his percentage should be considered higher given how many bad shots he has to take.

granted in the past he's chosen a lot of bad shots.  But he's always been a great shooter.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

In response to Mployee8's comment:

In response to MustangBri's comment:

I was thinking the same thing.

Before you annoint the new king,  to replace the old king...  check these comparative stats:

Rajon Rondo(2012-13)

13.7ppg  5.6rpg  11.1apg  .484fg%

Jordan Crawford(2013-14)

13.9ppg  3.2rpg  5.4apg  .464fg%

Rondo a much better defensive player,  Crawford a better free throw shooter(88%).

I'll take RR all-day, everyday over Crawford thank you very much.

Why did you not include the 3-point shooting %?

There is one thing Crawford can do that Rondo can't - shoot 3-pointers.

Brad Stevens' system is not reliant on one player dominating the ball.

Part of the reason why the Celts are winning games this month is because Jordan Crawford is shooting 52% from beyond the arc the last 3 games.

Every time the Celts needed a key basket, Crawford delivered.

I do not believe Crawford is a better PG than Rondo.

But Crawford is a better fit in Stevens' system.

Just look at how many easy baskets the Celts are getting now.

The opposing teams can't keep up because everybody can shoot from the outside.

Sully, Bass, AB, Crawford, and Green can all hit the outside shot, including 3-pointers.

Put Rondo in the mix and Stevens' system will fail.

Why do you guys think Stevens want Sully to take all those 3s?

Brad Stevens is a genius.

If opposing Centers are forced to go out to guard the 3-pointers of Sully and Fav, that means the paint is vulnerable.

It couldn't have been more than a few weeks ago that your main argument for tanking was the fact that we had no 3 pt shooters on the team. Now you've repented and we have an entire team of 3 pt sharp shooters .... That's a flip-flop!!!

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to postal5's comment:

The C's 3 point shooters may not be as good as they looked the past couple hot games (AB, Craw, Courtney were hot), but they will have some nice looks with Rondo knifing into the lane to draw double teams.  Rondo on the break will give the trailers tons of open 3's.  Brad and Rondo just have to agree that those passes for the open 3 are a good thing.

How can Rondo be knifing into the lane when the one who's guarding him is already in the lane.

In case you didn't know, teams always defend Rondo for the drive.

Rondo is always open at the 3-point line and Rondo will rarely shoot from there.

Rondo will draw lots of doubles off drives.  He did not average over 11 assists a game by simply passing to KG off a pick and roll.   But at least you don't have a problem with RR causing lots of open looks for trailers off fast breaks-- of which there will be many.    

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

If he can just get to 30 percent that will be good enough.  i think he can do that right away.  My predication is that he'll shoot 30 form 3 this year.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

Jordan Crawford is a keeper and our coach is also. Coach lets the guys play their game and when we are on we are hard to beat.  Past history tells us you can not get equal value for Rondo, so keep him and let's go see what happens.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Good discussion. Here's the thing though. Fierce, You can mount up all the sense and reasoning in the world, and it still doesn't make a definate. Chemistry is a very funny thing and completely unpredictable. What or who Rondo was under Doc doesn't mean he'll be that under Stevens. Just as Crawford and Bass isn't. I completely understand what you're saying, and have had the same thoughts myself, but that doesn't mean it's going to unfold that way. We could all give scenerio after scenerio of possibilities, but they are all just guesses. Whether educated/reasonable/researched ones or not. It's gunna have to be a wait and see process. Because it's impossible to know for sure, until it actually happens.

And in my opinion, those 11 assists Rondo averaged, was also a credit to how great of a player he is as well.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

I think it's as simple as "buy in."  Until this year, this team belonged to Doc and the big 3.  Doc was seen as a players coach when he was at Orlando, but it seemed like by the end of 2012 ubuntu had flipped to a nasty sort of negative synergy where everybody NOT named KG, Paul, or Ray had to second guess whether to shoot.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from postal5. Show postal5's posts

In response to cole-ely's comment:

I think it's as simple as "buy in."  Until this year, this team belonged to Doc and the big 3.  Doc was seen as a players coach when he was at Orlando, but it seemed like by the end of 2012 ubuntu had flipped to a nasty sort of negative synergy where everybody NOT named KG, Paul, or Ray had to second guess whether to shoot.

I agree with your "buy in".  If Rondo "buys in" to getting the ball out of his own hands when the fast break is stopped (or letting Jeff lead the break at times-like Rondo observed in last years playoffs), and if Rondo follows Brad's system of moving the ball quickly to the mismatch (or inside to Sully) in the half-court, Rondo will not screw up the chemistry.  I know that is an "if".

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from cpjohn1. Show cpjohn1's posts

Rondo, after the 41 point beatdown of the Knicks:

22. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts