Boston Celtics rumors 2013: 'I don't think Paul Pierce believes he'll return!

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from kdp59. Show kdp59's posts

Re: Boston Celtics rumors 2013: 'I don't think Paul Pierce believes he'll return!

In response to Fierce34's comment:

In response to kdp59's comment:

The Celts can also try to do a sign and trade involving Pierce. But that would mean the Celtics must not waive Pierce on or before June 30.

There's talk about trying to do that Josh Smith for Pierce deal again this summer.

You guys like the lineup below?

C - Al Jefferson

PF - Josh Smith/Sully

SF - Jeff Green

SG - Bradley(if he doesn't get traded)

PG - Rondo/T-Will

The rest are expendable.

how does it get done?

I got Smith for Pierce in a trade (Smith sign and trade?)

How do we get Jefferson?

has to be a sign and trade, right?

KG to the Clips

Big Al to Boston

Bledsoe and DeAndre to Utah

OK...I could see that. On paper helps all teams.

KG @ Clippers for experience and Championship attitude.

Utah gets a Point guard and a cneter to help replace Jefferson.

But I can't see why Atl would trade Pierce for Smith?

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

Re: Boston Celtics rumors 2013: 'I don't think Paul Pierce believes he'll return!

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Next year might be a good year to be bad.

The 2014 draft is supposed to be loaded.

Loaded with what??????

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from donrd4. Show donrd4's posts

In response to Ortiz123's comment:

I honestly thought he looked distracted most of the series...lots of trade rumors going on..He just did not look like the OLd Pierce...He still has game for two more years..We should have trade him...and gotten a pick or young star...too bad..

Did not look like the old Pierce.... Because he is old !!!!!

4. This post has been removed.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kyceltic. Show kyceltic's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

we need a 2-guard who can shoot to open things up. we cannot start rondo and bradley in the backcourt together. defenses will collapse on KG, sully, jefferson, whoever because neither rondo nor bradley is a real outside threat. someone like a reddick or the like is needed at the 2. if we can move PP, KG and terry, we could have a nice young core to play with with the addition of a jefferson, a reddick, or similar players. a bench of bass, lee, melo, randolph is not a bad start. and don't forget that crawford is still hanging around. he's like a taller nate.

Agree, Bradley or Rondo should be traded.  Can't shoot, to small.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to kyceltic's comment:

for goodness sakes trade rondo, get out from under pierce's contract and wave goodbye to he and KG- it's over.  get some things for rondo and sign some talent.  but by no means just sign anything for too much money.  take high draft picks from bust franchises and take your time to rebuild this. if it takes two years then fine.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In response to aciemvp's comment:

for goodness sakes trade rondo, get out from under pierce's contract and wave goodbye to he and KG- it's over.  get some things for rondo and sign some talent.  but by no means just sign anything for too much money.  take high draft picks from bust franchises and take your time to rebuild this. if it takes two years then fine.

Rondo won't be traded because at this point, he's damaged goods.  After he's playng again and shows complete recovery is the time C's can get something of value for him, IMO.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

i would not necessarily trade rondo or bradley unless a good offer presented itself. assuming he's healthy, rondo is a very good PG. he can't shoot, but...

and bradley is a very good defender/stopper/6th man. i just don't think you can start them in the same backcourt together. but you can certainly use them together at times, depending on the game situation.

my point was only that neither is a great shooter and we need a great shooter at the 2 to keep defenses honest.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Rondo won't be traded because at this point, he's damaged goods.  After he's playng again and shows complete recovery is the time C's can get something of value for him, IMO.

yes, you have to pump and dump rondo like any penny stock.  i have never advocated trading him right now, it would be foolhardy until you can showcase him

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from aciemvp. Show aciemvp's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

i would not necessarily trade rondo or bradley unless a good offer presented itself. assuming he's healthy, rondo is a very good PG. he can't shoot, but...

and bradley is a very good defender/stopper/6th man. i just don't think you can start them in the same backcourt together. but you can certainly use them together at times, depending on the game situation.

my point was only that neither is a great shooter and we need a great shooter at the 2 to keep defenses honest.

i would keep bradley too- just for his tony allen-ness on defense.  but he may never be even 6th man, more like 8th man if he keeps up his hellen keller shooting.  those shoulder surgeries he had- all three of them- might spell an abbreviated career.  shoulders a tough things to have tinkered with that much.

or if we're lucky he'll round back into "100%" shape next year and be the "old" avery that we only knew and loved for part of a season.

regardless, we've SEEN rondo's 100% about 2 years back and he's only gone down from there.  time for all parties involved to move on once he's back and properly showcased.  if some moron GM is itching in the mean time and willing to give a full value trade for rondo after seeing him work out or something, then go for it, but by no means look for any deals on rondo until he's back and his "old" Surprised self, pumping out, well, "numbers", shall we say.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from R9R. Show R9R's posts

Sorry to distract from the he said she said but:

If you do trade Rondo (at the deadline), don't you also trade Jeff Green? Aren't they the same? 26-28, basically entering their prime, most valuable assets, on great contracts, absolutely push teams over the top to contend...

Tell me why Rondo has to go, but not Jeff Green?

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

yes, you have to pump and dump rondo like any penny stock.  i have never advocated trading him right now, it would be foolhardy until you can showcase him

Are you mentally ill?

You just said trade Rondo a few hours ago.

Here:

posted at 5/15/2013 4:39 AM EDT

• aciemvp
    • First: 3/7/2008
    • Last: 5/15/2013

Make some trades (gain an extra draft pick), draft a couple project players (Saric & Adetokunbo), sink to the bottom next season, and pray Wiggins and the lotto balls aline! 

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

I honestly thought he looked distracted most of the series...lots of trade rumors going on..He just did not look like the OLd Pierce...He still has game for two more years..We should have trade him...and gotten a pick or young star...too bad..

He was probably aware of the realistic chances the team had in the playoffs even if they had beaten NY.  Injuries, KG playing out of position, and weak guards were obvious.  The Knicks knew that too and tried to exploit the Celtics' a weaknesses.  Despite not having a center, if they were at full strength, PP would have had an different outlook.  People  around here keep saying he could put another team over the hump as an effective veteran; he can do the same here.  

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Sorry, double post - text deleted

19. This post has been removed.

20. This post has been removed.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In response to breaktime's comment:

Agree with you.  I don't think the Celtics should trade Rondo but I could see a scenario where  he is traded for another big man.  

22. This post has been removed.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to susan250's comment:

Agree with you.  I don't think the Celtics should trade Rondo but I could see a scenario where  he is traded for another big man.  

That's possible. 

If the Celts can get an extra pick in this year's draft, they can trade Rondo for a big and draft a PG with one of their picks.

OR an extra pick in next years draft, setting themselves up for a shot at A Wiggens! 

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from futbal. Show futbal's posts

In response to painter's comment:

He was probably aware of the realistic chances the team had in the playoffs even if they had beaten NY.  Injuries, KG playing out of position, and weak guards were obvious.  The Knicks knew that too and tried to exploit the Celtics' a weaknesses.  Despite not having a center, if they were at full strength, PP would have had an different outlook.  People  around here keep saying he could put another team over the hump as an effective veteran; he can do the same here.  

I love the Captain. But against the Knicks he did not play defense, and Shumpart (a very fast rising good player), Kidd, etc. took advantage at the three point line when Paul for whatever reasons didn't cover them. KG by contrast left everything on the floor. There's so much greatness connected to Paul and the Celtics, so I'll always cheer for him; but if he's gone, he left on a sour note; not so much the forced shots, turnovers, but the lack of tenacious defense.

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts