Boston Celtics to propose trade for center Marcin Gortat!

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Re: Boston Celtics to propose trade for center Marcin Gortat!

Marcin Gortat Pops onto Celtics Radar 10 hours ago 

Boston Celtics, Marcin Gortat

Sam Sharpe-US PRESSWIRE

It is no secret that the Boston Celtics will be in the market for more size before the Trading Deadline in February and a new name has jumped into the mix: Phoenix Suns center Marcin Gortat.  If you recall, Gortat began his career with the Orlando Magic as a back-up center to Dwight Howard.  The Magic eventually had to trade him because his value was soaring and a lot of teams wanted to pay him as a starting center.  The Magic could not afford to pay two centers top ten value at their position.  They needed help elsewhere, but it obviously came back to haunt them once Howard demanded a trade out of town.

Gortat is a really nice player and is still only 28 years old.  He is averaging roughly 12 points and 9 rebounds per game this season, and most importantly, would provide legitimate size.  He is 6’11, but what is really nice about him is how mobile he is.  He doesn’t slug down the court and runs with a purpose.  He is signed through next year, so it’s not like he is just a four to five month rental.

What would it take to get Gortat?  I have to believe either Courtney Lee or Avery Bradley would have to be in the deal, with the Celtics preference being to trade Lee first.  Would the Celtics do Brandon Bass and Lee for Gortat?  I am not fully sure; I think it might be a little too much.  I think a reasonable deal in some form would be Lee, Fab Melo, and this year’s first round pick, which figures to be in the back end of the draft.

Marcin Gortat would be a nice addition to this Celtics team and would help to rectify the rebounding problem that has haunted this team during the young season.

Rob Lunder covers the Boston Celtics for Rant Sports.  For all Celtics news go to the team homepage on Rant Sports.  Follow him on Twitter @rlunder18

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

You nailed it Fierce! +1

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Lets hope that how it goes down. Love to keep both AB and Sully. This team is built for upsets in the playoffs...These young talents will be making big noise by then..I believe Green will come through and Bass is playing insane right now..

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. This post has been removed.

11. This post has been removed.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

Gortat also turned down a contract extension.

13. This post has been removed.

14. This post has been removed.

15. This post has been removed.

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. This post has been removed.

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I WOULD NOT TRADE AVERY BRADLEY FOR GORTAT , AND WOULD NOT INCLUDE SULLINGER OR FAB MELO EITHER

I LIKE GORTAT A LOT, I THINK HE IS INTENSE IN THE SAME WAY KG IS , HE IS MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN PERKINS , AND LOOK HOW GREAT THE CELTICS WERE WITH PERKINS NEXT TO KG

BUT BUT BUT.....

THE CELTICS MUST STAY THE COURSE IN THEIR YOUTH MOVEMENT

AVERY BRADLEY BECAME THE 2ND BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM AFTER RONDO IN TERMS OF IMPACT BEFORE HE GOT HURT.......HIS DEFENSE IS TRULY GAME CHANGING , HE CANNOT BE INCLUDED IN A PACKAGE FOR GORTAT

BASS IS EXPENDABLE AND SO IS COURTNEY LEE AS WELL AS CHRIS WILCOX , TO BE HONEST , I'D RATHER SEE JASON TERRY GO THAN COURTNEY LEE , LEE NEEDS MORE MINUTES AND HIS BIG BODY AND D ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN TERRY'S JUMP SHOT (ESPECIALLY WITH THE ARRIVAL OF BARBOSA)

THROW IN a #1 AND #2 DRAFT PICK , BUT DO NOT GIVE UP BRADLEY, SULLINGER OR FAB MELO

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to TommyRules's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to Fiercest34's comment:
    [QUOTE]

In response to TommyRules' comment:
    [QUOTE]

The idea that Gortat might be traded is very different then the reality that it makes no sense for Phoenix to trade Gortat to Boston for a package built around Lee. 

[/QUOTE]

Lee is just so salaries match. The main attraction is Fab Melo and draft picks.

[/QUOTE]

You don't add in Lee who has a 4 year contract. Nobody wants that contract.

The main attraction for Gortat is Melo and a 1st round pick?

Even you can't believe that...

[/QUOTE]

It can be when you have a disgruntled Center and may be causing problems in the dressing room..nobody says, that will be the final deal..either..

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

In response to PHX85014's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I WOULD NOT TRADE AVERY BRADLEY FOR GORTAT , AND WOULD NOT INCLUDE SULLINGER OR FAB MELO EITHER

I LIKE GORTAT A LOT, I THINK HE IS INTENSE IN THE SAME WAY KG IS , HE IS MUCH MUCH BETTER THAN PERKINS , AND LOOK HOW GREAT THE CELTICS WERE WITH PERKINS NEXT TO KG

BUT BUT BUT.....

THE CELTICS MUST STAY THE COURSE IN THEIR YOUTH MOVEMENT

AVERY BRADLEY BECAME THE 2ND BEST PLAYER ON THE TEAM AFTER RONDO IN TERMS OF IMPACT BEFORE HE GOT HURT.......HIS DEFENSE IS TRULY GAME CHANGING , HE CANNOT BE INCLUDED IN A PACKAGE FOR GORTAT

BASS IS EXPENDABLE AND SO IS COURTNEY LEE AS WELL AS CHRIS WILCOX , TO BE HONEST , I'D RATHER SEE JASON TERRY GO THAN COURTNEY LEE , LEE NEEDS MORE MINUTES AND HIS BIG BODY AND D ARE MORE IMPORTANT THAN TERRY'S JUMP SHOT (ESPECIALLY WITH THE ARRIVAL OF BARBOSA)

THROW IN a #1 AND #2 DRAFT PICK , BUT DO NOT GIVE UP BRADLEY, SULLINGER OR FAB MELO

[/QUOTE]

I was just there in (meza) visiting my daughter/son in laws, for 4 days...Loved the weather...80's all week...went swimming.golfing..at leasure world...lol..nice...

23. This post has been removed.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Ortiz123. Show Ortiz123's posts

Cant keep them all...i think thats really why Danny took him in the first Round..Doubt seriously he was expecting much this year from him..but if he can bring us the center to make the run now.its a  no brainer..

25. This post has been removed.

Sections
Shortcuts