Boston Is The Only Team That Swept Their Opponent

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from ChiefEddie1028. Show ChiefEddie1028's posts

Re: Boston Is The Only Team That Swept Their Opponent

In Response to Re: Boston Is The Only Team That Swept Their Opponent:
    To discount a sweep of an opponent in the NBA is not logical. I think Billups is one of their most important pieces, but it's still no excuse. Look what Memphis is doing to San Antonio without arguably their best player. You have to recognize the accomplishment or your not being truthful. Last for me on this, looking forward to Boston vs. Phily.
    Posted by OneNation

Looking forward to Boston and Philly?  I Like That, Man.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Is The Only Team That Swept Their Opponent : I seem to recall a point in the season where they faced eachother and one was on a 9 game streak and one on a 10 game streak or something like that and Amare hit a 3 to win the game about 1 tenth of a second after the buzzer...... um the Knicks were a better team before the trade.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

I love that you only picked one of my points to dispute. does that mean that you agree with the rest, or could you just not be bothered reading it?

the knicks were in the middle of a hot streak where they won 13 of 14. outside that streak, they were well below .500. Or did you only pay attention to the games where they played the celtics?

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Is The Only Team That Swept Their Opponent : I was very glad to see the Cs win that game, the point I was making is that the Knicks were better before the trade, I don't there is even much debate about that. The trades during the season ruined the season for the Knicks and Magic.
    Posted by TheDUDDER

there is a large amount of debate about that. the reason the magic and knicks made those trades is because they were losing. they both took gambles and ended up about the same as they were before.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from teh-n00b. Show teh-n00b's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Is The Only Team That Swept Their Opponent : hmmmm.... Rondo was abysmal in game 1 until.....  ooopsss then Billups was injured and then Rondo started to play well.........
    Posted by TheDUDDER

I get that a near triple double doesn't necessarily mean he played a good game, but it definitely means he didn't play badly. As I've already pointed out, he definitely outplayed billups.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

Aren't you more worried about your own team at this point?  
    Posted by concord27

Would worrying about your team help them win games?

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Re: Boston Is The Only Team That Swept Their Opponent : You don't know what you are talking about. You don't have to be a dancer to have Spirit and Pride. Secondly, because they have the entire week off does not mean they don't have the momentum. Momentum is not a physical thing but mental. Get it.
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028

Okay Dr. Phil.  Be glad that the Knicks didn't have Clutch Billups at the end of games 1 or 2.  Pray that "Spirit and Pride" will help the Celtics overcome the Heat.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from victorlee1234. Show victorlee1234's posts

In Response to Boston Is The Only Team That Swept Their Opponent:
    Boston is the only team that swept their opponent in the east, and if Oklahoma city couldn't sweep tonight, then Boston will remain the only team in the entire NBA that swept their opponent in the first round.   Who would have believed that a month ago. Does that tell us something?
    Posted by ChiefEddie1028

At least when the Heat send the Celtics into the offseason, you can have this sweep to look back on.Cry

Sections
Shortcuts