1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

Re: Boston-Minnesota Trade Idea

Minn is not getting enough. 

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BCSP. Show BCSP's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Kevin Love for Gerald Wallace, Keith Bogans, Jared Sullinger, and the Celts' 2014 lottery pick.

* The lottery pick is not a top 3 pick.

[/QUOTE]

I would do that trade ... Question is would the Timberwolves do that trade? 

Another question - would Love be happy on a rebuilding team? 

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

[QUOTE]

Kevin Love for Gerald Wallace, Keith Bogans, Jared Sullinger, and the Celts' 2014 lottery pick.

Why would they take Wallace?  Are they drunk?  And Love apparently wants, in this order 1. to go to a contender 2. to be on the west coast.  That isn't exactly us.  I think our #1 and sully is a fair trade, but I don't think it will happen because Love will not want to come to this team.

[/QUOTE]

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

The same basic premise as my year long trade idea only with Wallace instead of Bass and no future pick involved.

I think the T'Wolves may have lost bargaining position and that offer is more than fair, but in the end it might need Bass to replace Wallace (13 million saved) and the better of our two unprotected 2016 picks to be included for Minny to pull the plug.

All of my proposals involving Wallace have involved Kevin Martin coming back. Wallace makes 2/20, Martin 3/21... but Martin hurts our 2016 cap space situation BADLY.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

The same basic premise as my year long trade idea only with Wallace instead of Bass and no future pick involved.

I think the T'Wolves may have lost bargaining position and that offer is more than fair, but in the end it might need Bass to replace Wallace (13 million saved) and the better of our two unprotected 2016 picks to be included for Minny to pull the plug.

All of my proposals involving Wallace have involved Kevin Martin coming back. Wallace makes 2/20, Martin 3/21... but Martin hurts our 2016 cap space situation BADLY.

[/QUOTE]

Love still has to want to come here.  We have no center, he is not going to want to play on a team with no center.  And if we trade Rondo to get one, then we don't have a point guard.  I would love to have him but I just cant see it happening.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

I would trade Wallace, Bass, Sully, pick 5 or 6, a 2016 pick and Bogans non-guaranteed (24 million) for Love, Martin and Corey Brewer (27 million) since it says Minny may be wanting to dump some contracts and save money in the process.

That saves them 5-6 million next season, including the 3-4 million the draft pick would receive, obviously money they have no problem spending. Then if Bass walks they are paying Wallace, Sully and an elite young lotto pick 16 million in 2016 instead of paying Love (at his option/extension cost), Martin and Brewer 29 million. 

If the Celtics were to go after a max player like Durant summer of 2016 to add to their Rondo/Love duo (when Green and Brewer are off the books) they would have Martin with 1 year left at 7 million and probably an extended Avery at around that price and could only carry one of those two players on the payroll to have the cash needed to so that.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:
    [QUOTE]

Love still has to want to come here.  We have no center, he is not going to want to play on a team with no center.  And if we trade Rondo to get one, then we don't have a point guard.  I would love to have him but I just cant see it happening.

[/QUOTE]

Sign and trade Humphries, Faverani and a 2015 1st rd pick for Omer Asik. If the Rockets want to get really create and desire a veteran wing defender to help all offense players Harden/Parsons we can also agree to swap Wallace for Lin, if Wallace is not traded in a deal for Love.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from joepatsfan111111. Show joepatsfan111111's posts

I'd send 3 firsts, Bass, Wallace and Bogans

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheBigTicket05. Show TheBigTicket05's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm with you fierce on this one. but i doubt twolves would take wallace in return

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

The reason why the Wolves take Wallace is because the Celts will give them the 2014 lottery pick, maybe 5th, 6th, or 7th pick.

Why would the Celts give the Wolves a lot when Love already made it clear that he will leave Minny after next season.

In other words, the Wolves have no leverage on a Kevin Love trade anymore.

Basically it's Sully for Love and the 2014 lottery pick for agreeing to take back Gerald Wallace.

[/QUOTE]

What? 

It's Love for Sully

and one of the best lotto picks picks in franchise history to get rid of Wallace's contract?!?

That is one of the more insane things I've ever heard.

14. This post has been removed.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from TheNewGKDynasty. Show TheNewGKDynasty's posts

[QUOTE]

LMAO!!!!!!!!

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

16. This post has been removed.

17. This post has been removed.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!  Wallace is a dead beat with a bloated contract, bogans equal useless and Sully has a chronic back problem.  After that you got a pick in draft, but it will nothing the Wolves will deal with unless you throw in another first round pick in the up coming draft either next or the year after.  And that would have to be a good one.  Enjoy!

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

LMAO!!  Wallace is a dead beat with a bloated contract, bogans equal useless and Sully has a chronic back problem.  After that you got a pick in draft, but it will nothing the Wolves will deal with unless you throw in another first round pick in the up coming draft either next or the year after.  And that would have to be a good one.  Enjoy!

[/QUOTE]

What are the Lakers or Knicks going to offer the T-wolves for Love? A bag of potato chips or some sun blocker?  

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from CeltsFanInNH. Show CeltsFanInNH's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to Mployee8's comment:

[QUOTE]

Didn't the author of this thread once (not too long ago) say that Sully was the Kevin Love of the East and it made no since trading for the same player when Sully was much cheaper?

Someone explain to me why he's now on the Love train ....

[/QUOTE]

I'm not on the Love train.

Celts will not become contenders with Kevin Love as the #1 guy.

This thread is just about a trade proposal for Kevin Love.

If it were up to me, I'd keep Sully and pass on Love.

But since there are reports saying the Celts are interested in Kevin Love, I'm just sharing the possible trade scenario.

[/QUOTE]

Got to agree on this. Love may help fill seats a year or two earlier than the draft picks would but, he's not leading the Cs to #18.  I hope the Cs keep the pick if its top 3. If it's not then they'll probably drop to 6 or 7 and then trade may make a little more sense. 

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from teejaytee70. Show teejaytee70's posts

Love has never, ever been to the playoffs and everyone believes he is a franchise savior?  I've said it before and I'll say it again, Love's numbers don't add up.  There is something not right here.  Every time I see Love play, he fails the eye test.  Don't mortgage the future on Love.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

You made a similar trade proposal to mine and I'm the one who's insane?

HAHAHA

Here:

posted at 5/18/2014 10:21 PM EDT

rameakap
    First: 11/13/2006
    Last: 5/19/2014
    I would trade Wallace, Bass, Sully, pick 5 or 6, a 2016 pick and Bogans non-guaranteed (24 million) for Love, Martin and Corey Brewer (27 million) since it says Minny may be wanting to dump some contracts and save money in the process.

[/QUOTE]

Not the same or accurate AT ALL

Where did I say that the Celtics were trading their lotto pick to get rid of Gerald Wallace's contract like you did?

Fiercy: Basically it's Sully for Love and the 2014 lottery pick for agreeing to take back Gerald Wallace

I never said that we're trading our lotto pick to be done with Wallace's contract.

I said Bass, Bogans, Sully, our '14 lotto pick (if 6 or 7, not top 3) and our '15 pick was the 'Godfather' offer we could make for Love, one that saves Minny 8 million next year and gives them everything management is said to be looking for in a Love trade and then some.

When it comes to Wallace, I add him into the deal only in moves that include other bad contracts/large salaries. My trade idea you reference has the Celtics taking back 3/21 of Martin and 2/10 of Brewer. THAT is what we are trading Wallace's contract for. 

DUH

Nowhere do I come CLOSE to say we are jettisoning one of the best lotto picks in franchise history for SALARY CAP RELIEF as you did. 

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In 2007 Minnesota would not accept Wally Z's two year contract of around 26 million in the original KG trade that was Pick #5, Big Al, Wally (who KG didn't want to play with again) and various other small chips for KG. They said it had to be Theo Ratliff's 14m or so expiring contract and then they would deal.

When Ainge agreed to include Theo instead of Wally KG nixed the trade b/c he didn't think the team was good enough and didn't enjoy playing with Wally. That is when Ainge traded Wally and pick #5 for Ray.

I see a similar situation right now. The Celtics will WANT to include Wallace over Bass in any trade offer, but no other team will want to do that.

Our lottery pick... when it comes to LOVE... has NOTHING to to do with taking Wallace's contract. Our 1st rd pick in this years draft is the #1 asset being offered for Kevin Love. NOT Sully, NOT Bass, not future picks. 

If Wallace gets included over Bass in trade proposals I feel it will be b/c the C's have taken back additional salary to make Minnesota more agreeable to paying Wallace 13m more than Bass. Our lotto pick will have nothing to do with it Fiercy. It is what is on the table from the start for LOVE.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from CablesWyndBairn. Show CablesWyndBairn's posts

While I'd rather have Love than Sullinger and this year's lottery pick, am I the only one wondering if Love is the way back to being a legit title contender?  Very good player -- but is he someone that other FAs are going to want to come here to play with?  Will Rondo even be here to be part of the core?  Again, I think he's a better player than Sullinger and anybody they can get in the draft -- but I am not sure having him here means that Boston will be hanging another banner soon. 

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from nightrider495. Show nightrider495's posts

In response to joepatsfan111111's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I'd send 3 firsts, Bass, Wallace and Bogans

[/QUOTE]

Wow. That'd be a steal for Minnesota. Personally I think that's way too much. They are gonna lose Kevin Love no matter what and u would give them 3 #1s. One of those 3 picks could be better than Kevin Love for all we know. I realize Love is good, but he isn't gonna be a franchise altering player by himself. I think the lottery pick alone is plenty. The Celts still would have to pay him a boat load of money. Why waste 3 #1s for one guy. Only guys like LeBron and Kobe in his prime are worth that kind d of haul.