Boston-Minnesota Trade Idea

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from Rajon-Hondo. Show Rajon-Hondo's posts

Re: Boston-Minnesota Trade Idea

If we could get Love for pick 5-8 and our 17 and we get their pick and they would take Wallace and Love agrees to the last year of his contract, I might do that. If we get a top 3 pick, we swap picks get Dieng they take Wallace and Bass and give us a #1 pick 2-3 years from now and we give them the Philly pick, I'd do that.

I'm on the fence on Love, he puts up great numbers but those stats don't add up to Ws. We'd have to get a pretty lopsided deal to make the risk/ reward palatable.

Getting Love would give us a lot more trade options involving KO,Sully,Green and AB.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to rameakap's comment:

Your trade proposal is not insane.

The language you used was insane

My trade with Wallace is essentially moving 2 yrs and 20 million of him for 3 years 21 million of Kevin Martin and 2 years 10 million of Corey Brewer.

You said Sully was being swapped for Love

and our first rd pick was only being included so the T'Wolves would take Wallace's contract.

Yikes!

I would trade Wallace, Bass, Sully, pick 5 or 6, a 2016 pick and Bogans non-guaranteed (24 million) for Love, Martin and Corey Brewer (27 million) since it says Minny may be wanting to dump some contracts and save money in the process.

That saves them 5-6 million next season, including the 3-4 million the draft pick would receive, obviously money they have no problem spending. Then if Bass walks they are paying Wallace, Sully and an elite young lotto pick 16 million in 2016 instead of paying Love (at his option/extension cost), Martin and Brewer 29 million. 

If the Celtics were to go after a max player like Durant summer of 2016 to add to their Rondo/Love duo (when Green and Brewer are off the books) they would have Martin with 1 year left at 7 million and probably an extended Avery at around that price and could only carry one of those two players on the payroll to have the cash needed to so that.

Both you and I have trade proposals that send Gerald Wallace to the Wolves.

And you're going to tell me that my trade proposal is insane?

You also proposed Gerald Wallace to the Wolves in a package for Kevin Love.

So when you say Gerald Wallace to the Wolves in a package for Kevin Love it's not insane.

But when I propose Gerald Wallace to the Wolves in a package for Kevin Love it's insane?

Double standard?

[object HTMLDivElement]

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Kevin Love for Gerald Wallace, Keith Bogans, Jared Sullinger, and the Celts' 2014 lottery pick 

* The lottery pick is not a top 3 pick.

That is not horrible they may want another pick and to take on either Martin or Pekovic.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

The problem I see with trading for Kevin Love is that there are other suitors who are going to drive the price up.  I've seen a lot of Celtics fans saying we have the best package to offer, but I disagree.  I think Chicago has the best proposal out there.  

Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler, 2 first round picks this year (16 and 19) a future 1st + filler to make the #s work. Unless we get into the top 3 we aren't even close to that offer.  

Lets say we stay at #5.  Do you think Randle, Sully, Bass or Green and Bogans is a better offer? No way.   We would have to also give them #17, and multiple future picks, AND eat some bad contracts of theirs just to compete with what the Bulls could offer.  No way will they take our baggage in the form of Gerald Wallace's contract back.  

We will be eating their garbage, not the other way around.  

He's definitely worth the proposals talked about on this thread but its going to take so much more than some are suggesting to actually get it done.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

In response to CelticGreenLP's comment:

The problem I see with trading for Kevin Love is that there are other suitors who are going to drive the price up.  I've seen a lot of Celtics fans saying we have the best package to offer, but I disagree.  I think Chicago has the best proposal out there.  

Taj Gibson, Jimmy Butler, 2 first round picks this year (16 and 19) a future 1st + filler to make the #s work. Unless we get into the top 3 we aren't even close to that offer.  

Lets say we stay at #5.  Do you think Randle, Sully, Bass or Green and Bogans is a better offer? No way.   We would have to also give them #17, and multiple future picks, AND eat some bad contracts of theirs just to compete with what the Bulls could offer.  No way will they take our baggage in the form of Gerald Wallace's contract back.  

He's definitely worth the proposals talked about on this thread but its going to take so much more than some are suggesting to actually get it done.

+1

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from mellymel3. Show mellymel3's posts

Send them or "Corps of Decrepitude", seniors Rondon't and "It Ain't Easy Bein'" Green.....kill off the "nucleus of disaster" on the C's, maybe throw in Sully to make it palatable, as well as the obligatory #1 this year or next. With or without Love they are not going to be in the playoffs next season and are still several drafts away. They need a legit PG that can shoot, like all true good PG's can, they need consistent D from everyone, and they need a legit 5 who can protect the rim. Enough of this team looking like the teams DA coached in Phoenix. We need size, athletic ability and toughness. Rondo is tough, but he can't shoot and is a legit whack-job who has GOT TO GO! Green just plain SUCKS! I NEVER WANT TO HEAR ABOUT THAT USELESS PLAYOFF PERFORMANCE AGAIN! He's never come close to repeating it. The only virtue in his consistency is being entirely inconsistent. Enough already, dump him before DA compounds the last contract error with an even higher mistake with this clown.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jhol. Show jhol's posts

I really think Sully should be off limits! He is only going to get better and once this team has a winning mindset this will be realized. I would say package anybody (-RR9) plus picks (if we don't get top 3) and go hard after Love. 

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

if we are going hard after love we are going to have to give up sully. they are redundant players anyway, with love being a better version of sully. if we had, in theory, love at the 4 and asik at the 5, with olynyk backing up both positions, that'd be a decent front court. add a decent 3 to that mix (i think green can be that guy, but most obviously don't) and i think that's a pretty good front court.

speaking of green, i'm curious to see where we'd find another 3 who can put up 16 points a game and come at a relatively cheap price since we'd be paying love a max deal.

in the back court, i don't mind rondo. he's not as bad a shooter as some think. the problem is that we don't have a legit 2-guard. add a legit 2-guard to that starting 5 and that's a pretty darn good team.

forget about love for a second-let's hear some ideas about who's going to play the 2 and 3. and the 1 for that matter if we were to jettison rondo (which of course would be prohibitive if we're trying to sign love to an extension, because i'm sure love wants to play with pressey, bradley, wallace and olynyk, which is a worse starting 5 than he's playing with now).

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from alchow00. Show alchow00's posts

Why would Love want to come here?

He wants to win right away. 

We want him only if he agrees to an extension.

Kevin Love for Gerald Wallace, Keith Bogans, Jared Sullinger, and the Celts' 2014 lottery pick.

* The lottery pick is not a top 3 pick.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

I don't think Chicago wants him.  Gibson is pretty good, it would make more sense to keep him at his fair salary and go after Melo.  That gives them a sick frontcourt of melo, Gibson and noah.  If they trade Gibson for love, they upgrade at PF but doesn't improve the team as much as the melo pickup.  I would rather have Gibson and melo than just love, if I were CHI.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to jhol's comment:

I really think Sully should be off limits! He is only going to get better and once this team has a winning mindset this will be realized. I would say package anybody (-RR9) plus picks (if we don't get top 3) and go hard after Love. 

Why get Love if you are keeping Sully?  They play the same position.  Neither of them are centers.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

If you kept Sully and picked up Love you would often play a double PF set without a real center.  Add an assik and now those 3 would essentially share the 96 minutes at the 3 spots.  The Heat really don't have a center and play with a "rotation" of bosh, anderson, Haslem, and even some lebron at the 2 big spots. 

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to fl+adam,'s comment:

If you kept Sully and picked up Love you would often play a double PF set without a real center.  Add an assik and now those 3 would essentially share the 96 minutes at the 3 spots.  The Heat really don't have a center and play with a "rotation" of bosh, anderson, Haslem, and even some lebron at the 2 big spots. 

you can get away with that when you have wade, LeBron and bosh.  I don't think it is ideal.  Plus, Minni is going to want some talent back.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to kaktug's comment:

if we are going hard after love we are going to have to give up sully. they are redundant players anyway, with love being a better version of sully. if we had, in theory, love at the 4 and asik at the 5, with olynyk backing up both positions, that'd be a decent front court. add a decent 3 to that mix (i think green can be that guy, but most obviously don't) and i think that's a pretty good front court.

speaking of green, i'm curious to see where we'd find another 3 who can put up 16 points a game and come at a relatively cheap price since we'd be paying love a max deal.

in the back court, i don't mind rondo. he's not as bad a shooter as some think. the problem is that we don't have a legit 2-guard. add a legit 2-guard to that starting 5 and that's a pretty darn good team.

forget about love for a second-let's hear some ideas about who's going to play the 2 and 3. and the 1 for that matter if we were to jettison rondo (which of course would be prohibitive if we're trying to sign love to an extension, because i'm sure love wants to play with pressey, bradley, wallace and olynyk, which is a worse starting 5 than he's playing with now).

Exactly, if Love is coming here that means Rondo is staying, which is the whole point of bringing him here in the first place. There is no doubt about that.  

This is all just dreaming but...

As far as the SG spot goes, I think if DA is building a team around Love and Rondo, Bradley actually works well at that spot.  You need defenders around those two guys which AB will bring, but also they are both top notch passers so it will enhance Bradley's offense.  

I think a guy that could replace Green at the 3 is Luol Deng.  He'll be 30 when next year starts, and he's unrestricted,but after ending up on the Cavs he would probably take a team friendly deal to be on a playoff team.  He's a winner, a great defender, and can score in a lot of different ways. I've heard people say he's washed up, but even with the tumultuous year he had last year he still averaged 16, 6, and 3 assists per game.  

If we don't lose Green and/or Bass in the Love trade then use them and the clippers pick to pry Asik away from the Rockets.  

Re-sign Humphries, Re-sign Bayless, sign Paul Pierce (again really just my best case scenario) 

Players going out in various trades: Sully, Olynyk, Green, Bass, Fav, Bogans, Anthony, and 5 to 6 of our picks

Rondo / Bradley / Deng / Love / Asik

Bench:  Pressey / Bayless / Pierce / Wallace / Humphries

3rd string: best DLeague PG we can get / Chris Johnson / Chris Babb / Colton Iverson / ?

probably won't be able to pay all those guys, which is why the 3rd string would be a bunch of super scrubs,  but the team would have to be something close to this to really be in contention.  

If the Celtics Brass won't agree to pay to put together a team AT LEAST as good as this then they might as well just scrap it all, forget about KLove, trade Rondo, keep the picks and go young. Otherwise it's treadmill city.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

Did anyone else see that MN has #13 and THREE second round picks??  I'd want at least one of those!

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

MN has a 2.2% chance of a Top 3 pick.  What if they get one on their own??

"Climb on my back, boys, and I'll take you home." - Cedric Maxwell

"You show me a good loser, and I'll show you a loser." - Red Auerbach

"My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought, cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives." - Hedley Lamarr

If no Bynum injury, no Gasol trade - last word!!

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from CelticGreenLP. Show CelticGreenLP's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

I don't think Chicago wants him.  Gibson is pretty good, it would make more sense to keep him at his fair salary and go after Melo.  That gives them a sick frontcourt of melo, Gibson and noah.  If they trade Gibson for love, they upgrade at PF but doesn't improve the team as much as the melo pickup.  I would rather have Gibson and melo than just love, if I were CHI.

[/QUOTE]
    Chicago is one of six teams that have been mentioned in the running for Love numerous times. 

"Officials believe Love's close relationship and respect for coach Kevin McHale could give the Rockets an edge. Golden State, Phoenix, the Los Angeles Lakers and CHICAGO are among those also planning to pursue Love deals with an eye on signing him to a long-term extension."  This is from Woj on Yahoo sports but all the outlets are reiterating the same teams. 

Also the Bulls are rumored to be very high on Kevin Loves list of places he wants to be. Boston is not on that list.  Luckily though, he doesn't have a say really in where the TWolves ship him, they will just be looking for the best deal.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from myurkus. Show myurkus's posts

In response to myurkus' comment:

Chicago is one of six teams that have been mentioned in the running for Love numerous times. 

"Officials believe Love's close relationship and respect for coach Kevin McHale could give the Rockets an edge. Golden State, Phoenix, the Los Angeles Lakers and CHICAGO are among those also planning to pursue Love deals with an eye on signing him to a long-term extension."  This is from Woj on Yahoo sports but all the outlets are reiterating the same teams. 

Also the Bulls are rumored to be very high on Kevin Loves list of places he wants to be. Boston is not on that list.  Luckily though, he doesn't have a say really in where the TWolves ship him, they will just be looking for the best deal.

Definently true.  I don't think he wants to come here, and to pull off all these trades a la 2007 would require a huge leap of faith on his part.  I do like him, but I don't think not getting him is that big of a deal, but anyway.  I know chi was mentioned as a team who might get him, but I really don't see it.  They basically pay Gibson half of what love makes, and Gibson is pretty damn good.  I will be really surprised if chi doesn't amnesty boozer and pick up melo.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from romneywins. Show romneywins's posts

# 6 & 17 might get it done.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from fl+adam,. Show fl+adam,'s posts

never do the two picks.  We would have 3 starting PF's and still no C or outside shooter...we would be virtually no better.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from kaktug. Show kaktug's posts

I'd trade the 6 pick, one of our picks next year, sully, and whatever contracts it takes to make it work. Keep the 17, keep green and bass if possible for other trades. Try and turn one or both of them into asik. Draft a solid shooter at the 3 to replace green. Resign Bradley. 

Rondo/bayless

bradley/[free agent/draft pick]

[draft pick/free agent]/Johnson/Wallace

love/olynyk/hump

asik/olynyk/hump

it's a start. ... Or just draft well and trade away our vets for more draft picks. But next year will suck again. 

• You have chosen to ignore posts from chris33. Show chris33's posts

Keep the picks and trade Rondo for Hayward.

Draft Vonleh at 6 and a point guard at 17.

Vonleh, Olynek, Green, Hayward, and rookie point guard.

A team to grow into the future.

• You have chosen to ignore posts from CubanPete. Show CubanPete's posts

So, this is what we're reduced to. All because the Cs fail at tanking.

Bring on the "fireworks".

...the King of the Rumba Beat...

• This post has been removed.

• Sections
    Shortcuts