Boston - Toronto first thoughts

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

Boston - Toronto first thoughts

Halfway 2nd Q ,they gave up their lead again... I really didn't like the way they're playing last game and the start of this one. They are trying to win by outscoring and not by playing defense. They need to slow down the game and execute ... 

This is just bad/sad basketball. 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Re: Boston - Toronto first thoughts

Mediocre defense at best. The results are pretty obvious. Let's hope it gets better by the 2nd half.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from celticsfanmx. Show celticsfanmx's posts

Had to stop watching that game they're just LAME.

Good luck to them anyways. It's really a shame they're playing like this against Toronto.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from MichBelgium. Show MichBelgium's posts

In Response to Re: Boston - Toronto first thoughts:
    Had to stop watching that game they're just LAME. Good luck to them anyways. It's really a shame they're playing like this against Toronto.
    Posted by celticsfanmx

Couldn't agree more. 

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Alvarez you are a Celtic fan?  C'mon why do you bother?  The Celtics will be fine. The Lakers were lucky to get by Toronto at home in case you really care.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

methinks we have a Laker fan in our midst.........Barnes has a perfect game?  ....is that why he is going for the record of most teams played for in a career....?

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from Duke4. Show Duke4's posts

You know, on the road without your most improtant player? ....lose by one in the final seconds? .....keep it in perspecdtive.....

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from jdm894g. Show jdm894g's posts

I dont have CSNE living out here in LA, but they need to pound the ball down low.  When i looked at the score online in the 3rd quarter Nate had 22 points and didnt score again.  I hate that Doc takes the ball out of the PG hands and gives it to Pierce or Allen, who are past thier prime in ball handling abilities.  They need to do some soul searching when they get after the ATL game.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from mac1980. Show mac1980's posts

concord gimme a break...so many Celtics fans on here act like if you criticize the Celtics you're not a Celtics fan...alvarez is absolutely right, I've been a Celtics fan my whole life, want nothing more than for them to win, so on and so forth, yet you hafta call it like it is...for the Celtics to lose to an Oklahoma City team without Durant on your home floor is disgusting, period.  To then lose to one of the worst teams in the league after that team just made a trade and is in absolute disarray is even more disgusting.  The Lakers don't lose games like this.  They lost a shootout in Denver, close game...then they barely lost to a team they played in the West Finals last year after that team makes 22 3's.  The Lakers are playing championship basketball, they've won two in a row, and the Celtics after a fast start have reverted to the garbage regular season basketball we saw them play after Christmas last year.  I hate the Lakers, hate em hate em hate em.  Ok?  It's painful to watch the team you love play like crap, knowing that they can play better.  This is home court in the Finals we're talking about.  The Celtics should have the mentality that they have to be better than the Lakers all season.  It looked like they were playing that way until the last two games. 

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This loss speaks to some issues of not being ready.  I wonder what is causing them in two straight games to lose focus and give up winnable games.  Ray was fouled but why did he not protect the ball knowing they would be looking to steal the ball. Not encouraging for tomorrow night.l

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

Mac,
    If you cannot see through Alvarez's comment as phony and self serving for the Lakers.  It is your problem. This guy is no Celtic fan.  I hope you are.  The Celtics will be fine if you are.  The Lakers have had no challenges thus far.  But then again I know you hate the Lakers.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from BiasLewis. Show BiasLewis's posts

Whoever thinks JON is better than Sheed is crazy. Erden is good in a pinch but now he's being looked to play major minutes and isn't ready.

JON better be ready to go in a week. We are hurting if we have to play Shaq and Erden major minutes until Jan.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbair. Show kbair's posts

rebounding, rebounding, rebounding
    fix that c's win 65-70 games

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from P34. Show P34's posts

rebounding, rebounding, rebounding fix that c's win 65-70 games
    Posted by kbair

Not happening. The Celtics don't have a big man that can play above the rim.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

concord gimme a break...so many Celtics fans on here act like if you criticize the Celtics you're not a Celtics fan...alvarez is absolutely right, I've been a Celtics fan my whole life, want nothing more than for them to win, so on and so forth, yet you hafta call it like it is...for the Celtics to lose to an Oklahoma City team without Durant on your home floor is disgusting, period.  To then lose to one of the worst teams in the league after that team just made a trade and is in absolute disarray is even more disgusting.  The Lakers don't lose games like this.  They lost a shootout in Denver, close game...then they barely lost to a team they played in the West Finals last year after that team makes 22 3's.  The Lakers are playing championship basketball, they've won two in a row, and the Celtics after a fast start have reverted to the garbage regular season basketball we saw them play after Christmas last year.  I hate the Lakers, hate em hate em hate em.  Ok?  It's painful to watch the team you love play like crap, knowing that they can play better.  This is home court in the Finals we're talking about.  The Celtics should have the mentality that they have to be better than the Lakers all season.  It looked like they were playing that way until the last two games. 
    Posted by mac1980

mac, I totally agree with you and I am a diehard Celtics fan.  Concord and others are making excuses just like the guys in that locker room are making.  Against OKC, we played down to our competition and so on and so forth.  Against Toronto, we did not have Rondo.  Toronto was in such disarry from the trade that we should have easily won the game.  Our (many Celtics fans) mistake is that we aren't realistic.

Concord says "we'll be fine".  We won't be fine playing like this during the season.  We are very inconsistent.  These games (which Concord says we'll be fine) are the games that make the difference in having game 7 at TD Garden or Staples.  I will give it to the Lakers -- they beat the teams they should beat where we get tripped up too much.

I hope we pull out a win tomorrow but it looks like it may be 3 straight losses.  Not good by any means.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from kbair. Show kbair's posts

i know. that ended with leon powe leaving. it is wishful thinking

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Qdaddy. Show Qdaddy's posts

Alvarez you are a Celtic fan?  C'mon why do you bother?  The Celtics will be fine. The Lakers were lucky to get by Toronto at home in case you really care.
    Posted by concord27

Regardless, the Raptors and the Cavs are teams you're supposed to beat. The Lakers are on "cruise control" and waiting for Bynum to return. They're not even panicking with Theo Ratliff out.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

Whoever thinks JON is better than Sheed is crazy. Erden is good in a pinch but now he's being looked to play major minutes and isn't ready. JON better be ready to go in a week. We are hurting if we have to play Shaq and Erden major minutes until Jan.
    Posted by BiasLewis

I definitely agree with you.  JON  hasn't been much help so far this season.  I really miss Rasheed this season even with all of his technicals. 

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from one13. Show one13's posts

What's going on with the Celtics? They should have won both of these last two games, but it's more of the same as we saw last year. Old, veterans whatever you call it they play like they're bored and only turn it on and try to win it at the end of the game. They say all the right things, but it's getting old. Actions i.e. wins speak louder than words. They gotta get up for every game. The whole team isn't that old. I would have hoped to see more energy from the bench. What's their excuse? I hope they can turn it around. It's a long season, but right now they need it to get something going. I miss the days when Gino was playing in the garden every home game.

Someone on here said they need to slow down and execute. I think it's the opposite. IMO they need to speed up and get more easy baskets. Let Rondo and the young guys run!

Sections
Shortcuts