Boston will be the underdog

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Boston will be the underdog

Next year Boston will be the underdog roll and this will be a good thing.   With some luck we may be able to defeat the East and play in the finals against the luckers.  We have several ways to go:  1. stand pat and keep Green and West and mabey Davis if we are lucky.  2.  Work out a trade that would change the face of the team, that would be Rondo and Davis plus a number 1 for a stud player.  Either way could happen and either way could work, so you see the problem that Ainge is looking at.   3.  The third way would be to trade as many of the old big three as possible for good young players and match them with Green, Rondo, Davis, and West.  This would be good for our future but this team would not be able to upset the good teams in the East and win the title, but they might in the future.  At this time of the year we are experiencing cabin fever and looking at the options , so yu nuts that go crazy over a thoughtful post like this take a hike.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Re: Boston will be the underdog

just sthrow this in 1. Ainge is doing a very good job  2.  Doc is a good coach but has trouble trusting new or young players and this is a problem.  3. Perk and Davis should be respected on this site.  4.  This is a Celtic site and should be mostly used for post about the Celtics not a lot of the junk that is on it.  5.  Most of the posters from the past ten years have moved to other sites because of the rudeness and vulgar and improper comments of the new posters, who must mostly be rich college graduates that jumped on the bandwagon when we won number 17.  ant that the truth,  so hold your breath they will be gone when we start to rebuild after next year.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"1. Ainge is doing a very good job"

Except this year when he traded away our starting center and crossed his fingers and now we have little to show for it. 

Remember also Green is a restricted free agent, no guarantee he will be back, in which case we'll have nothing to show for trading Perk except for an obscure draft pick.

Of your scenarios, I don't think any of them are too likely because Davis isn't coming back and Rondo isn't getting traded. Nor are the big three. 

I think, as you say, Ainge will look at the other teams in the east and think he can compete with what he has for one more year. 

Then there could be a lot of changes, expiring contracts and big changes. 

I suspect we don't see major changed in this year's team, but I think your scenarios could come into play the following year. But, with Ainge, you never know. 

I also don't think we'll have a full season due to labor issues and that could really affect player movement and trades. 

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from susan250. Show susan250's posts

In Response to Re: Boston will be the underdog:
    [QUOTE]The C's are officially DEAD...too old, too weak, no defense, no offense, no rebounding and pending retirements, just running out the string until we can re-tool, and that will take another 5-7 years to be real again. Time to be realists.
    Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]

I agree with you about the current Celtics team not being very competitive the next couple of years.  Depending on who they can sign when the big 3 contracts expire, it should take them less than 5-7 years to be a relevant team again.  We also don't know what other changes the other teams will make and the new CBA will have some influence on what teams will be able to do in the future. 

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from henryfinkel. Show henryfinkel's posts

The Cs chances next year can be summed up by one of my favorite Texas expressions "that dog won't hunt".

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]The Cs chances next year can be summed up by one of my favorite Texas expressions "that dog won't hunt".    Let us hope Ainge has your opinion and we might see a face lift.  I am only thinking, but it appears that this year while the team players still have value might be the time to retool, but I can alos see why many think we would at least be competative next year and might go on a roll like we did year before last.  just got cabin fever and brain will not be still.
    Posted by henryfinkel[/QUOTE]

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]" 1. Ainge is doing a very good job" Except this year when he traded away our starting center and crossed his fingers and now we have little to show for it.  Remember also Green is a restricted free agent, no guarantee he will be back, in which case we'll have nothing to show for trading Perk except for an obscure draft pick. Of your scenarios, I don't think any of them are too likely because Davis isn't coming back and Rondo isn't getting traded. Nor are the big three.  I think, as you say, Ainge will look at the other teams in the east and think he can compete with what he has for one more year.  Then there could be a lot of changes, expiring contracts and big changes.  I suspect we don't see major changed in this year's team, but I think your scenarios could come into play the following year. But, with Ainge, you never know.  I also don't think we'll have a full season due to labor issues and that could really affect player movement and trades.   agreef with your post, only we still need to see what the #1 choice we got in the deal pans out to be, also with Krstic leaving that should make it easier to pay Green who I wonder if he has what it takes.  I just feel the Celts will make a good pitch to keep him and see.
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]The C's are officially DEAD...too old, too weak, no defense, no offense, no rebounding and pending retirements, just running out the string until we can re-tool, and that will take another 5-7 years to be real again. Time to be realists.
    Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]  they may have a run left in them, but yu are most likely right and that is the reason I think Ainge will at least try a major retooling job.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from wfdog. Show wfdog's posts

I think a major retooling is needed. Even Doc admitted on ESPN that they gambled with the Perk trade/Shaq situation last year and lost. However, what scares me is that DA recently tweeted that the Celts are just as good as Dallas & Miami and only need some minor tweaks. I'm just hoping that this is a smoke screen to give the impression that we really value our assets for a possible trade scenario.

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from RedCoach. Show RedCoach's posts

It's time for DA to trade KG, PP & RA while they still have some trade value left.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from painter. Show painter's posts

Posted by jfaust1954[/QUOTE]

Is that  self-portrait?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from debrit. Show debrit's posts

[QUOTE]" 1. Ainge is doing a very good job" Except this year when he traded away our starting center and crossed his fingers and now we have little to show for it.  Remember also Green is a restricted free agent, no guarantee he will be back, in which case we'll have nothing to show for trading Perk except for an obscure draft pick. Of your scenarios, I don't think any of them are too likely because Davis isn't coming back and Rondo isn't getting traded. Nor are the big three.  I think, as you say, Ainge will look at the other teams in the east and think he can compete with what he has for one more year.  Then there could be a lot of changes, expiring contracts and big changes.  I suspect we don't see major changed in this year's team, but I think your scenarios could come into play the following year. But, with Ainge, you never know.  I also don't think we'll have a full season due to labor issues and that could really affect player movement and trades. 
    Posted by BostonTrollSpanker[/QUOTE]

Trade Perkins,was a very good move.Did he help the Thunders? no he was on teh bench when the game on the line.Too bad we could not keep Kirstck.8 .8 million dollars tax free.Not a bad deal.He played for that team before.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

Perkins and Davis should be given respect on the board and Ainge has done a very good job with what he had to work with.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from maryngary. Show maryngary's posts

[QUOTE]It's time for DA to trade KG, PP & RA while they still have some trade value left.
    Posted by RedCoach[/QUOTE]   Could be true, but they would need to get at least one great young star, like KG, Green, Davis, and two mumber one choices for say Dwight Howard and Arenas.

Sections
Shortcuts