Boston will make the playoffs

1. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Boston will make the playoffs

If Boston beats Milwaukee on thursday they will be 4 games up on Milwaukee in the loss column with only 20 games left. Boston would also win the tie breaker with Milwaukee so Milwaukee would have to make up 5 games on the Celtics over the next 20 games.

Boston would also most likely win the tie breaker against the Knicks.

If Boston doesn't make a run up the Eastern Conference standings, they will probably have the 15th or 16th and 24th draft picks this summer. (Projected as of today). 

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from BosoxJoe5. Show BosoxJoe5's posts

Re: Boston will make the playoffs

I will one up you they will surpass the sixers.

3. You have chosen to ignore posts from sk8brd. Show sk8brd's posts

In Response to Boston will make the playoffs:
    If Boston beats Milwaukee on thursday they will be 4 games up on Milwaukee in the loss column with only 20 games left. Boston would also win the tie breaker with Milwaukee so Milwaukee would have to make up 5 games on the Celtics over the next 20 games. Boston would also most likely win the tie breaker against the Knicks. If Boston doesn't make a run up the Eastern Conference standings, they will probably have the 15th or 16th and 24th draft picks this summer. (Projected as of today). 
    Posted by Mark from Ct

I know this sound crazy but I think would rather take a lottery pick, than to go through an embarrassing 1st round exit 4-0 against Lebron.

4. This post has been removed.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from PHX85014. Show PHX85014's posts

I think the Celtics will be the 4th seed in the East and will win in the first round

I like the 2  #1 draft pics plus don't they have 2 #2's ?

BUT WHY IS JuJUAN JOHNSON NOT GETTING MINUTES AT CENTER ?

SO SICK OF HEARING ABOUT 7 FOOT WINGSPANS AND WHY THIS GUY WAS MORE VALUABLE THAN MARSHON BROOKS BECAUSE HE WAS GONNA PLAY PF OR CENTER ..WHERE IS HE ???

6. This post has been removed.

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from BaileyPowe. Show BaileyPowe's posts

mmm-hmmm. plus some of us - and by that i mean one of us - didn't want to have a season at all. something about becoming a more attractive participant in the dewey howard sweepstakes.

8. This post has been removed.

9. You have chosen to ignore posts from breaktime. Show breaktime's posts

In Response to Re: Boston will make the playoffs:
    Some of the fans here would rather play 2 more weeks in May than get a lottery pick that will impact this Celts franchise for the next 5-10 years! Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Double Ugh!!

But what we fans want has little if anything to do with where the Celts finish in the standings.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

I know this sound crazy but I think would rather take a lottery pick, than to go through an embarrassing 1st round exit 4-0 against Lebron.

I feel the same way, but what would you have them do? These guys have too much pride to lie down. I think the best hope now that no trade has gone through is to hope they make it up to the fourth seed and have a decent playoff run. We have some draft picks next year in a deep draft and we aren't heading to the lottery at this rate. 

Of course, what our "lottery pick/tank the season" pals forget is that the Celts have NEVER gotten a good break in the lottery selection order anyhow....

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from datruthpp34. Show datruthpp34's posts

In Response to Re: Boston will make the playoffs : That can change because the lottery is unpredictable. The Cavs traded for the supposedly #8 pick in the draft last year. After the lottery it turned out to be the #1 pick! The Celts don't have to tank. Bucks and Knicks have 24 losses. Celts have 21 losses right now. We still have to play the Bucks twice and the Knicks once. Next month the Celts will face the Heat 3 times. The Bulls, Spurs, Magic, and Pacers once. That's 7 potential losses.  And we still have to face the Sixers and Hawks twice.  Now, is a 3-game lead in the loss column enough for the Celts to hold off the Bucks or Knicks?
    Posted by Fiercest34

Come on man!!
    And u call urself a fan???might as well be troll than to act like this!!the NY or the bucks won't pass the C's so stop worrying too much!!!play by play,posession by posession,.1 game at a time dude!!!!!

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from GoUconn13. Show GoUconn13's posts

I just looked at the schedule, I strongly believe that the Celtics will lose more games than they win for their next 10 something games.  But the last ten games, they probably could win more games than they will lose.  That isnt going to be a good news for everyone if we wanted to see the Celtics to get the lottery pick.

But who know that the team play healthy when they play against better teams, and still lose.  Then suddenly the team start to get all b@nged up in the last ten games where it could lead them to lose more games.

Still I do not see it is going to happen.  More likely these big 4 along with the bench players will finish the season without missing any games.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from snakeoil123. Show snakeoil123's posts

This board is messed up. 

Obviously this Celtics team was never going to go all the way this year.  (The Lakers wont either).  It's one thing to recognize that, it's another thing to root for your team to lose.

I want them to win every time out, I want them to play hard, and I want them to try.  That doesn't mean I don't know enough about hoops to know this team was doomed from the start.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from concord27. Show concord27's posts

This is been an awful season for NBA basketball.  To see the Celtics exposed like they have been has been painful.  Who can dispute this. 

Really what a crazy point.  We can't change it but anyone who would suggest to this point the season has been fun is nuts.

We will lose many games coming up or we won't.  If we make the playoffs I have the lowest expectations.  In 2007 Danny pulled off a miracle when we did not get  the one pick.  Nobody knows what he will do at this point or how it will work out.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

It's amazing how many folks have a preference to see this team in the lottery this offseason.  It's ridiculous to say "a lottery pick did wonders for the Bulls and Cavs".  Exactly what does that have to do with the Celtics and what wonders did it do for them?  When did Cleveland or Chicago win a championship recently?  Those teams had the #1 pick of the entire draft (Cavs twice w Lebron).

For every Bulls and Cavs lottery success, you have a Wizards or Charlotte lottery failure.  Since 1997 when Tim Duncan was the #1 pick, no team with that first pick other than San Antonio has ever won a championship.  Also many of those picks were average players, at best.

In other words, being in the lottery means NOTHING.  It's not a faster path to rebuilding like some of you may think.  Oh, you may get a really good player but it doesn't mean a championship.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from tompenny. Show tompenny's posts

Some of the fans here would rather play 2 more weeks in May than get a lottery pick that will impact this Celts franchise for the next 5-10 years! Ugh!
    Posted by Fiercest34

Some fans are so dumb they think they are one player away from being elite. Now they want lottery picks. How ironic.

19. You have chosen to ignore posts from redsoxfan94. Show redsoxfan94's posts

this team has alot of pride, but are definitely standing very gingerly on their last leg.....however, us fans may have some things to look forward to in the upcoming seasons with the young group they have plus they will in all likelihood get jeff green next year......rondo, green, johnson, moore, stiemsma...may all be with the team for a few years to come

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

Last week the Rockets traded away or waived 4 lottery picks from the 2009 draft.

#2 Hasheem Thabeet
    #6 Jonny Flynn 
    #8 Jordan Hill
    #11 Terrance Williams

Quite often lottery picks wind up costing teams $8m to $15m and they get little out of them.

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from Petey62. Show Petey62's posts

Last week the Rockets traded away or waived 4 lottery picks from the 2009 draft. #2 Hasheem Thabeet #6 Jonny Flynn  #8 Jordan Hill #11 Terrance Williams Quite often lottery picks wind up costing teams $8m to $15m and they get little out of them.
    Posted by Mark from Ct

+1, wow.  That speaks for itself.

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from cole-ely. Show cole-ely's posts

On the other hand, the thunder have done quite well through the draft.  You can't win if you don't play.

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

On the other hand, the thunder have done quite well through the draft.  You can't win if you don't play.
    Posted by cole-ely

The Thunder were fortunate to have 3 top 4 picks in 3 years.
    They also did good with getting Ibaka with the 24th pick in 2008.
    They bombed in their 2006 lottery pick when they drafted Mouhamed Sene with the #10 pick.

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from Mark from Ct. Show Mark from Ct's posts

It's not misleading because we were talking about how lottery draft picks often don't work out well, not who drafted them.

What's interesting is that Thabeet, Flynn and Hill have now been traded twice since they were drafted.

Thabeet will probably be out of the league next year.
    Flynn as best will be a back up and Hill looks like he will also be a back up.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from Red-16Russ-11. Show Red-16Russ-11's posts

In Response to Re: Boston will make the playoffs : Red and I wanted no season at all. This season is the worst season of the new Big 3 era. I mean we get to have a season but with JO as the starting Center. Might as well not have a season at all.  The DH sweepstakes is just delayed for one more year. In 2013, if DH doesn't get traded at the trade deadline, he becomes an unrestricted free-agent. In my opinion, this season is just a wasted season. The only thing that will make this better is if the Celts get a lottery pick.
    Posted by Fiercest34

I think that makes two.....:)

Sections
Shortcuts