BOX SCORE shows that the other guards can play..........

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from OneOnOne. Show OneOnOne's posts

Re: BOX SCORE shows that the other guards can play..........

Dude give it a rest.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from ANONMD08. Show ANONMD08's posts

Bill, I know it's great being 2-0 without him and I saw more ball movement. Other than beating a Heat team on pure emotion they did beat a really sad King's team. Hopefully the Celtics can keep this up with the quick passing and going for the shot sooner. I like seeing more minutes out of Lee and Terry, Terry feeling more comfortable. Still think the Celtics need another big man for rebounding. No need to blow this up.

5. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

I'm glad they're playing well, but it's not Rondo's fault that no one moves without the ball when he's bringing it up.

6. This post has been removed.

7. This post has been removed.

8. You have chosen to ignore posts from puddinpuddin. Show puddinpuddin's posts

In response to Number6Fan's comment:

I'm glad they're playing well, but it's not Rondo's fault that no one moves without the ball when he's bringing it up.

When a multimillion dollar racehorse doesn't respond to the whip, at some point you have to question the jockey's skills... and consider hiring a more skilled rider.

When a conductor can't get the horns and woodwinds to play their parts as written, you might have to consider that the maestro doesn't know how to lead the orchestra.

Same with an NBA PG. When his teammates won't move w/o the ball for him, its likely a matter of PG leadership/skills.

Pud  

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from Number6Fan. Show Number6Fan's posts

In response to Bill-806's comment:

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

When a multimillion dollar racehorse doesn't respond to the whip, at some point you have to question the jockey's skills... and consider hiring a more skilled rider.

When a conductor can't get the horns and woodwinds to play their parts as written, you might have to consider that the maestro doesn't know how to lead the orchestra.

Same with an NBA PG. When his teammates won't move w/o the ball for him, its likely a matter of PG leadership/skills.

Pud  

As DAD would say ...........  "SON, THATS A B I N G O"  !!!!!!

Bad anaogy

11. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to Kirk6's comment:

Two games in a row ........  RONDO WHO ????

Much more fun team to watch.

Rondo's defense really hurt us.

Sorry Kirk.  Too much inconsistency in your opinions.  Lets not get too euphoric.  Give it three more games before we start proclaiming that we are better without Rondo.

You have heard Doc say that their plan has to be very simple.  Move the ball and move without the ball.  Continuously.

How will I play defense against that?  Simple.  I will employ more zone principles and force guys to make a better read.  It will make them think and will throw off their shooting rhythm.  Or, it will make them make defensive passes.  There will be ball movement but no good shots.  Or, if they get aggressive, I will look to force turnovers.

Yes, the defense may be better.  But Celts will not be sailing smoothly.  They will have to gut out wins.   Thus speaks the rational person in me.

The fan in me is hoping that AB and Green will get more time and will step up and make a difference.  But that is a hope and not an observation.

12. You have chosen to ignore posts from scubber. Show scubber's posts

In response to prakash's comment:

Sorry Kirk.  Too much inconsistency in your opinions.  Lets not get too euphoric.  Give it three more games before we start proclaiming that we are better without Rondo.

You have heard Doc say that their plan has to be very simple.  Move the ball and move without the ball.  Continuously.

How will I play defense against that?  Simple.  I will employ more zone principles and force guys to make a better read.  It will make them think and will throw off their shooting rhythm.  Or, it will make them make defensive passes.  There will be ball movement but no good shots.  Or, if they get aggressive, I will look to force turnovers.

Yes, the defense may be better.  But Celts will not be sailing smoothly.  They will have to gut out wins.   Thus speaks the rational person in me.

The fan in me is hoping that AB and Green will get more time and will step up and make a difference.  But that is a hope and not an observation.

Which is simpler?  Defending against one primary ball handler who is not a great shooting PG who you know can hurt you primarily by getting a layup or a pass to an open man or a team with all five players dynamically passing the ball around constantly moving to find the best opportunity?

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to scubber's comment:

In response to prakash's comment:

Which is simpler?  Defending against one primary ball handler who is not a great shooting PG who you know can hurt you primarily by getting a layup or a pass to an open man or a team with all five players dynamically passing the ball around constantly moving to find the best opportunity?

Depends upon how good these five guys are.  If one/two of them are weak, I will funnel the ball into them and then force them to make a read.  Hope that they will swing the ball defensively.  The whole sequence will not produce anything.  It will just eat time on the shot clock.

On the other hand, a dynamic point guard, that can get in the middle of defenses to cause random movement and breakdown may be much harder to defend.  Provided other players on the team can read and move and be ready to shoot.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

In response to puddinpuddin's comment:

Pud  

Or you can conclude that the hor*y woodwinders are not worth the space that they are occupying.  Depends upon the perspective.

You can potentially replace either to improve.  The maestro or the idiots that are unable to follow the parts as written.

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Dude give it a rest.

Arrrrr,   Another one who has trouble with the truth !!!!  Have you evaa played BASKETBALL, other than in your driveway ??????

What truth? We have won 2 games. The Kings have the worst defense in basketball. THE WORST. We are in the regular season. In the playoffs the game slows down and half course offfense rules the day.

I'm glad guys are steping up. I hope they keep it up. If they do we have a chance to be the team we thought we were getting. but this team is not better without Rondo. Rondo's loss may have galavanized the underachievers to play better and that is great, but please don't go crazy with your conclusions. 

16. This post has been removed.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from jtkl. Show jtkl's posts

In response to jtkl's comment:

In response to OneOnOne's comment:

Dude give it a rest.

Arrrrr,   Another one who has trouble with the truth !!!!  Have you evaa played BASKETBALL, other than in your driveway ??????

What truth? We have won 2 games. The Kings have the worst defense in basketball. THE WORST. We are in the regular season. In the playoffs the game slows down and half course offfense rules the day.

I'm glad guys are steping up. I hope they keep it up. If they do we have a chance to be the team we thought we were getting. but this team is not better without Rondo. Rondo's loss may have galavanized the underachievers to play better and that is great, but please don't go crazy with your conclusions. 

Guys like our "ALL WORLD AAU POINT GUARD" are a "DIME A DOZ"  !!!

Riiiiiiight. If Rondo keeps putting upthese dime a dozen numbers he'll end up in the hall of fame. John Stocken had the same numbers for his career.  

Sections
Shortcuts