BPA

1. This post has been removed.

2. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Re: BPA

In response to Fiercy's comment:

In response to DrBoogiebone's comment:
    [QUOTE]

I wouldn't give Rondo a max contract. No sir. If you read any of my other posts in this thread, I've explained what I believe the 6th pick to be. I don't know that Rondo is asking for the max. I assume he'll try to get as much as he can. I hear "others" saying Rondo wants a max deal. I don't hear "Rondo" himself, saying he wants a max deal.

John Wall, who only made the All-Star team once, got the max.

Rondo has been an All-Star more than once.

It's hard to believe Rondo's agent will not ask for the max when a player like John Wall got the max.

Besides, I'm not against having Rondo stay in Boston as long as the Celts can get other star players to play with Rondo.

But Kevin Love to Boston is now dead.

There are no other options left.

I don't think Ainge is crazy enough and desperate enough to do what Joe Dumars did with Josh Smith.

Also, the best player available at #6 is subjective.

Some would say Randle or Vonleh.

Think about it, if the Celts didn't have Oly and Sully, there's a big chance the Celts would've picked Randle.

[/QUOTE]

Maybe. Maybe not. probably. But, we do have Sully and Oly. Everyone has their own view. Do you have 1st hand knowledge of what Ainge is working on? Or just speculating? Whether it's subjective or not. It doesn't matter what you or I think. Or anyone else for that matter. It only matters what Ainge thinks. He's in the drivers seat. Not your rhyme and reason. Are all-star appearances the only criteria for max contracts? I doubt it.

3. This post has been removed.

4. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Maybe. Maybe not. probably. But, we do have Sully and Oly. Everyone has their own view. Do you have 1st hand knowledge of what Ainge is working on? Or just speculating? Whether it's subjective or not. It doesn't matter what you or I think. Or anyone else for that matter. It only matters what Ainge thinks. He's in the drivers seat. Not your rhyme and reason. Are all-star appearances the only criteria for max contracts? I doubt it.

[/QUOTE]

We'll see.

[/QUOTE]

Exactly. That's all I'm saying. We can only speculate.

5. This post has been removed.

6. You have chosen to ignore posts from BostonTrollSpanker. Show BostonTrollSpanker's posts

"I do agree that smart was prob the bpa left. BUT I understand y fans are upset, pg is the ONLY positon we have an all star at, but we still end up drafting a pg? "

Not all fans are upset. Some realize that re-signing Rondo to a max contract would be a crazy idea. 

Fans who are upset don't understand how the NBA works. Ainge took the best player available and he can always trade that player for a position of need, he is not locked into Smart. 

Ainge would have taken Embid in that spot if he had been there. 

Bottom line Ainge drafted based on best talent and anyone who is upset about that should really take a cold shower. 

now, if you think there was better talent than Smart available, fine - but you have to make the argument based on the ceiling of that player, not on what you think we needed this year. Because Ainge isn't done trading and moving. 

7. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Exactly. That's all I'm saying. We can only speculate.

[/QUOTE]

We can all speculate about the Marcus Smaht pick, true.

But I'm 100% sure Rondo's not going to be a part of the Celtics' future without Kevin Love.

[/QUOTE]

lol. I gotta laugh dude. At how your self righteousness seeps to the forefront of your persona. Obsessive even. Some might even call it arrogance. I bet you call it confidence, huh?

I care very little. I'm a fan with or without. I like Rondo. But he's not at the heart of my love for this franchise.

Here's to you being right. Cheers!

8. This post has been removed.

9. This post has been removed.

10. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

lol. I gotta laugh dude. At how your self righteousness seeps to the forefront of your persona. Obsessive even. Some might even call it arrogance. I bet you call it confidence, huh?

I care very little. I'm a fan with or without. I like Rondo. But he's not at the heart of my love for this franchise.

[/QUOTE]

It's Rondo or Smaht.

Celts can't keep both.

We don't need to speculate on that.

It's obvious!

[/QUOTE]

There a law against it or something?

11. This post has been removed.

12. This post has been removed.

13. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

DrBoogie

The person to blame here is Wyc Grousbeck.

He told everybody there was going to be fireworks on draft night.

Sure Celtic owners and Celtic fans want something big to happen.

But it will not happen if other teams will not cooperate.

The problem with the Celtic ownership is they're so concerned about money.

There season ticket holders here complaining about ticket prices going up every year.

If the Celts can't get Kevin Love then it's hard for the owners to increase ticket prices this coming season.

[/QUOTE]

.................... OK. You sure that's what he said? Someone had stated he was misquoted. That he actually said fireworks "could" happen.

14. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

John Wall, who only made the All-Star team once, got the max.

Rondo has been an All-Star more than once.

It's hard to believe Rondo's agent will not ask for the max when a player like John Wall got the max.

Besides, I'm not against having Rondo stay in Boston as long as the Celts can get other star players to play with Rondo.

But Kevin Love to Boston is now dead.

There are no other options left.

I don't think Ainge is crazy enough and desperate enough to do what Joe Dumars did with Josh Smith.

Also, the best player available at #6 is subjective.

Some would say Randle or Vonleh.

Think about it, if the Celts didn't have Oly and Sully, there's a big chance the Celts would've picked Randle.

[/QUOTE]

Ummm... there is a big difference between Wall accepting his max, 5 years 80 million, and Rondo going for his, which would be around 5 years 105 million. Trying to be too smart for your own good again?

Rondo's agent needs to compare him to Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Guys who signed max deals at over 100 million at the same age Rondo is now. That is what Danny likely did and found Rondo's career didn't match up with those two 20 point 35% on 3's 80% at the line guys. Ainge was rumored to have made Rondo an offer that was well over the 5/55 he signed off his rookie deal but well under the 5/105 max. Wall's 5/80 sounds close to what Ainge already saw as fair and offered Rajon.

Rondo made his first all-star game at age 23. Hey, funny story, that was the same age Wall was this year! There is a four and a half year age difference between the two. 

So once again Fiercy is WRONG. Rondo agent cannot say he deserves his 100+ million max b/c Wall got his 80 million max. Duh!

15. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I'm not going to convince you to believe me.

Just remember this thread once Rondo is gone.

[/QUOTE]

Why? Should it mean something to me? It's obvious it means a hell of a lot to you.

16. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

Fierce, Don't be upset with me. I think your a sweetheart.

17. You have chosen to ignore posts from DrBoogiebone. Show DrBoogiebone's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I doubt I'll have to remember. I'm sure you'll bump this thread when/if it does, so you can wave that banner of righteousness you love so much.

18. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

I doubt I'll have to remember. I'm sure you'll bump this thread when/if it does, so you can wave that banner of righteousness you love so much.

[/QUOTE]

+1000

19. This post has been removed.

20. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to rameakap's comment:

[QUOTE]

Ummm... there is a big difference between Wall accepting his max, 5 years 80 million, and Rondo going for his, which would be around 5 years 105 million. Trying to be too smart for your own good again?

Rondo's agent needs to compare him to Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Guys who signed max deals at over 100 million at the same age Rondo is now. That is what Danny likely did and found Rondo's career didn't match up with those two 20 point 35% on 3's 80% at the line guys. Ainge was rumored to have made Rondo an offer that was well over the 5/55 he signed off his rookie deal but well under the 5/105 max. Wall's 5/80 sounds close to what Ainge already saw as fair and offered Rajon.

Rondo made his first all-star game at age 23. Hey, funny story, that was the same age Wall was this year! There is a four and a half year age difference between the two. 

So once again Fiercy is WRONG. Rondo agent cannot say he deserves his 100+ million max b/c Wall got his 80 million max. Duh!

[/QUOTE]

How could I be wrong when Rondo becomes a free-agent in 2015, not 2014.

You're really ignorant if you think Rondo's agent will not ask for the max.

This is Rondo's last chance to get a max contract because he will be 32 or 33 the next time he becomes a free-agent.

Reason why the comparison is to John Wall is because Rondo is more similar to John Wall than Deron or CP3.

Both Rondo and Wall are not good shooters.

If you use CP3 and Deron as a comparison then Ainge will flat out tell Rondo's agent that Rondo doesn't deserve the max because Rondo doesn't shoot like CP3 or Deron.

Like I said, if you want ignorant, look in the mirror.

[/QUOTE]

How are you wrong NOW?

You are doing it in the above post.

Can you follow simple logic?

You said Rondo's agent will say he deserves the max b/c John Wall got the max and is a less accomplished player than Rondo.

So what is the max Rondo can get? Around 105 million.

What did Walll sign for? 80 million.

So how exatly will Rondo's agent be using a career #'s and skill set comparison between 28 year old Rondo and a 23 year old Wall to justify Rondo getting 105 million when Wall just got 80? His agent would be providing Danny the proof that Rondo is worth a 5 year 80 million extension, close to what he already offered.

Get it?

Ignorant is obviousy what you are if you cannot follow this backwards messed up logic that YOU brought up when you said "Wall got the max so now Rondo will ask for the max as well."

21. You have chosen to ignore posts from rameakap. Show rameakap's posts

Nowhere do I say that Rondo's agent will not ask for the max. Putting words in my mouth clueless one?

I said Rondo's agent will be needing to get him DWill and CP3 money. 5 years 105 million. 

It is not Rondo's agent's job to get him the John Wall max. That was his agent's job back in 2009, when instead of going after the 5/70 max fellow class of 2006 LaMarcus Aldridge signed for Rondo's agent used the Tony Parker 11 million a year extension as the goal and got Rondo 5/55.

Clearly you do not get these things.

Now it is Rondo's agent's job to prove Rondo is worth over 20 million a year.

I think Ainge would pay Rondo what John Wall just signed for. So your argument does not work. It is pointless and one an agent wouldn't DARE use b/c Wall will be making 25 million LESS than he wants his client to make.

Get it yet?

22. You have chosen to ignore posts from fbombfury. Show fbombfury's posts

[QUOTE]

Nowhere do I say that Rondo's agent will not ask for the max. Putting words in my mouth clueless one?

I said Rondo's agent will be needing to get him DWill and CP3 money. 5 years 105 million. 

It is not Rondo's agent's job to get him the John Wall max. That was his agent's job back in 2009, when instead of going after the 5/70 max fellow class of 2006 LaMarcus Aldridge signed for Rondo's agent used the Tony Parker 11 million a year extension as the goal and got Rondo 5/55.

I think Ainge would pay Rondo what John Wall just signed for. So your argument does not work. It is pointless and one an agent wouldn't DARE use b/c Wall will be making 25 million LESS than he wants his client to make.

Get it yet?

[/QUOTE]
    Really?  LOL

23. You have chosen to ignore posts from hedleylamarr. Show hedleylamarr's posts

In response to fbombfury's comment:
    [QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

Get it yet?

[/QUOTE]
    Really?  LOL

[/QUOTE]

[object HTMLDivElement]

Jacoby Parker?

Enjoy!

24. You have chosen to ignore posts from prakash. Show prakash's posts

[QUOTE]

[QUOTE]

[/QUOTE]

It's Rondo or Smaht.

Celts can't keep both.

We don't need to speculate on that.

It's obvious!

[/QUOTE]

I agree that it is tricky to keep both.  However, I am getting more and more intrigued by this experiment.  If Young gets slotted as 3 this can become a very intriguing experiment based upon how Smart develops.

My bigger concern will be a personality clash between the two.  But if they learn to respect each other, it can work out.

25. You have chosen to ignore posts from raider3524. Show raider3524's posts

[QUOTE]

In response to BaileyPowe's comment:

[QUOTE]

i can say no he's not with at least as much conviction, fierce. you're too much. 

[/QUOTE]

If not then why did the Celts pick Smart instead of Noah Vonleh or Nik Stauskas?

[/QUOTE]

because smart is better than both those guy's....

Sections
Shortcuts